Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1204452 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 79 Confusius maximus
« Reply #1545 on: May 04, 2015, 12:32:08 am »

That arteries cloging seems like instakill. 20/20?
It's the exact same lung cancer spell I used to kill Leo early in the game, except targeted at a different area of the body. The lung cancer spell only gave a -1 to CMP. I admit the mechanics have changed since then, but 20/20 is just insane

For balance reasons, you could probably give No an endurance roll to survive the spell.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 04, 2015, 12:53:32 am »

Yeah, 20/20 applying to all instakill spells is just insane. Why be creative in spell-use when the only thing that matters in the roll is the end result?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 04, 2015, 06:58:57 am »

"Okay. You're right, I was bluffing. But here's one thing I'm not bluffing about: I successfully allied... well... became the minion of the dragon. If you kill me the dragon won't be very happy with you."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: May 04, 2015, 07:47:30 am »

"Who cares about dragon wraith? We won't be able to co-exist anyway. And although I'm quite indifferent about ending you - soulswapping was quite ingenious in my opinion - allowing you to simply walk off while dragon is breathing is a very dumb move."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 04, 2015, 08:04:45 am »

Yeah, 20/20 applying to all instakill spells is just insane. Why be creative in spell-use when the only thing that matters in the roll is the end result?

It is a valid point. How abaut this: No enforced cost on instakill spells, but no targeting anything you can't see and target get's an END roll to survive Would such be acceptable?
Reason why I made instakill spells so absurdly hard to pull off is that I didin't want people running around using only a single spell. Then again, you can do so anyways but are not, so I gues it's okay.

@ATHATH

Beirus pointed out that he had no shards for you to hide, and essenses are not physical bjects and as such couldn't be hidden. Just so that you wouldn't come looking for something that is not there.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:57:10 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: May 04, 2015, 08:39:35 am »

@Sarrak

Beirus pointed out that he had no shards for you to hide, and essenses are not physical bjects and as such couldn't be hidden. Just so that you wouldn't come looking for something that is not there.
((I think you mistook me for ATHATH because of the color used as I'm in his body now.))
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:41:24 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: May 04, 2015, 08:52:40 am »

((Yes. Yes I did.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 04, 2015, 12:45:21 pm »

"I see. The way I see it, you people have three options: kill me, risking the wrath of the dragon as well as my family, or let me leave alive, risking my own wrath and the chance that I will get enough essences for another powerful spell like mind roulette, however the third option is in between: I believe that one of your number is a mind mage, correct? A geas could minimize the risk for both of us. I am most assuredly not an expert in getting out of geases."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 04, 2015, 01:01:09 pm »

"Or we kill you, deal with the dragon if it even gives a shit, and then deal with any family members you had if they decide to show up for revenge. You have no bargaining chips. You should be asking for us to kill you quickly, instead of rendering you helpless and slowly tearing you apart piece by piece for interfering in what is a time-sensitive operation.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 04, 2015, 05:07:47 pm »

"It is in your best interest to kill me quickly. If you don't, I might get off a spell. And you know what my magic is capable of. And I warn you, do not underestimate my family, especially None."
Generic Arms Race.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 05, 2015, 03:08:49 am »

It is a valid point. How abaut this: No enforced cost on instakill spells, but no targeting anything you can't see and target get's an END roll to survive Would such be acceptable?
Reason why I made instakill spells so absurdly hard to pull off is that I didin't want people running around using only a single spell. Then again, you can do so anyways but are not, so I gues it's okay.
An END roll is fine.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 05, 2015, 03:53:57 am »

((I think the instakill spells should be considered on a case-by-case basis. An END roll, or really any other roll, wouldn't make any sense for my instakill, since it targets something the target has no concious control over. I'm fine with a higher requirement for mine.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 05, 2015, 10:48:51 am »

((I think the instakill spells should be considered on a case-by-case basis. An END roll, or really any other roll, wouldn't make any sense for my instakill, since it targets something the target has no concious control over. I'm fine with a higher requirement for mine.))

((It partialy does, as I also use END rolls for pain, but I see what you mean. I gues I'll have to work a bit on a pseudo-HP system.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 05, 2015, 11:07:10 am »

((Could call it chunky soulsa. Or not. Kinda defeats the purpose of an instakill if it doesn't instantly kill them. Then it's just highly lethal. Although it would take less essences since I just need to beat their roll+modifiers, and I don't think anybody has more than +1 END. Just need 7 essences for an instakill.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 05, 2015, 05:10:56 pm »

Wait, did I hide Beirus's stuff, or did he not have any?

Also, PM.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 506