Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1205272 times)

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 242 Jolly cooperation
« Reply #7185 on: April 30, 2017, 01:51:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Redrum injected more power into the Hydra and wrapped it around the joints of the great beast. The bones were bound with a connection that lost no strength but gained in ability to stretch. With greater ability to bend the joints came greater dexterity and also more complex attack moves.

((Does this mean the hydra animation is finally complete?))

Ride deeper into the swamp in search of the cemetery.
+3 essences.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7186 on: April 30, 2017, 02:04:10 pm »

Ritual continuation. 3 +1/+1 essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: April 30, 2017, 07:15:25 pm »

continue with the ritual, +1cmp
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: April 30, 2017, 07:36:06 pm »

use the plant emerald to summon some baskets woven out of plant fiber, the baskets need to have handles

then shovel mud into the baskets and have my clay birds carry it to the surface, empty the baskets and bring them back(both trapdoors should be open)
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: May 01, 2017, 08:23:47 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Good."

Mining continues. 3 essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: May 01, 2017, 06:46:28 pm »

Turn 243

Ah crap, I got distracted. Might as well take the opportunity to recharge.

form 3 essences, try to ascertain how long that disenchanting field is going to last. (perhaps with a quick probe?)

Chorkinaan looked over his disenchantment field and found that it wasn't evaporating. It was weak, yes, but it was complete which gave it durability. It would last months, which was as good as forever in this case.

Redrum injected more power into the Hydra and wrapped it around the joints of the great beast. The bones were bound with a connection that lost no strength but gained in ability to stretch. With greater ability to bend the joints came greater dexterity and also more complex attack moves.

((Does this mean the hydra animation is finally complete?))

Ride deeper into the swamp in search of the cemetery.
+3 essences.

{No. You are less than a quarter done. The end result will be better than an actual hydra.}

Redrum headed deeper into the swamp on his mighty steed. The ride now included less bounces than before as hydra now could properly place it's feet on uneven ground. With his head not being tossed around with the rest of him, Redrum soon noticed a tombstone poking from among the trees. Upon closer inspection there were few more tombstones, all half sunken, and even a bit of a wall poking from under some weeds.

Ritual continuation. 3 +1/+1 essences.
continue with the ritual, +1cmp

The ritual continued at extremely swift pace, even as two of the sacrifices burned up the magic wove itself into the stiletto. The curse was already thick on the blade and yet more and more gathered. It was already a deadly weapon, maybe even as deadly as it was intended to be. But it was still safe to add in more, and there were other functions that hadn't been forged in yet.

use the plant emerald to summon some baskets woven out of plant fiber, the baskets need to have handles

then shovel mud into the baskets and have my clay birds carry it to the surface, empty the baskets and bring them back(both trapdoors should be open)

Magic of the emerald proved uncooperative, as vines flourished into lilies rather than baskets. There were not too many of them, and so the clay birds carried them out into the swamp. It wasn't bad, but Seva was back where he started.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Good."

Mining continues. 3 essences.

The mining continued, and very soon the mining bot reached the goal as directed by the surveyor. What it found was a pale blue ore of the rarest of metals. What it found was adamantine ore.

Try to move north. Form 2 essences.

Cuberac ventured northwards, it was deeper into the snowland but not closer to the source of the cold, which meant that the heating cube remained entirely sufficient. The cube, however, could not handle all problems of the snowlands though, namely, a hungry polar bear. It began carefully trotting towards Cuberac. It was still a fair distance away, but running would definitely mark Cuberac as prey, and it was probably faster than him on snow.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 243 Lost treasure and lost treasure hunters
« Reply #7191 on: May 01, 2017, 06:48:09 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: May 02, 2017, 06:24:53 am »

Continue. 5 +1/+1 essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: May 02, 2017, 01:25:52 pm »

Continue helping in the ritual, +1 cmp
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: May 02, 2017, 02:21:18 pm »

Send my bladecubes at it while I backpedal.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: May 02, 2017, 03:12:03 pm »

Ok, that works great! Now for the basin...

Create another aura-spell in the reservoir which raises the density and decreases the weight and inertia of any liquids that enter it, effectively shrinking them. The enchantment should last if said liquids are poured out via the tap. Use one +2/+1 essence.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 02:09:44 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: May 02, 2017, 05:53:29 pm »

Three essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: May 02, 2017, 06:43:51 pm »

"Never thought I'd see the day... hold on. Nothing is ever easy, is it."

Doktor Diabolical tries to take a look at the prospector bot's scanning data to see if the adamantine vein leads to hidden fun stuff. If no, mining commences. If yes, Doktor gets irritated. Either way, three essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: May 03, 2017, 04:40:33 pm »

try again

I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: May 04, 2017, 07:33:19 pm »

Turn 244

Continue. 5 +1/+1 essences.
Continue helping in the ritual, +1 cmp

It was done. The weapon was finished with time and sacrifices to spare. Of course, the time and sacrifices saved could now be used to further improve the blade, but it had now reached the desired height, maybe it was already good enough.

Send my bladecubes at it while I backpedal.

Cuberac swiftly sent out his cubes against the beast and began moving backwards. It was important not to run, but it was also a fine idea to not stay here, and he was going to do both. The cubes soon reached the bear, whizzing past it and scattering great piles of snow, it was as if some silent artillery shells had began falling around the bear. Once the snow settled down, the bear was nowhere to be seen, but was very likely still there, hiding under the snow. Which was a slight problem, as quite a few cubes remained under the snow, the connection to Cuberac rendered too weak by distance to call back.

Ok, that works great! Now for the basin...

Create another aura-spell in the reservoir which raises the density and decreases the weight and inertia of any liquids that enter it, effectively shrinking them. The enchantment should last if said liquids are poured out via the tap. Use one +2/+1 essence.

Chorkinaan added another aura to his growing filtering machine, this one on the tap. It would condense any liquid flowing through, making anything flowing through that much more intense. It also had a side effect of reducing the flow to more of a drip, but then again, there wouldn't be any contents requiring a strong stream in this.

Three essences.

Magus continued gathering power.

"Never thought I'd see the day... hold on. Nothing is ever easy, is it."

Doktor Diabolical tries to take a look at the prospector bot's scanning data to see if the adamantine vein leads to hidden fun stuff. If no, mining commences. If yes, Doktor gets irritated. Either way, three essences.

Well honed, although rarely heard voice of reason within Doktor whispered a warning. It was heeded this time, probably because it was a danger to his devices rather than far more expendable things like lives and spacetime stability. Bots stopped in their work and Doktor reviewed the readings from the prospecting bot. It was possible that the space emitting no metal readings in the adamantine was merely stone without any interesting qualities but it was too much to hope for that. The adamantine would remain unmined for now.

try again

It goes slightly better this time, in that the spell comes out as several huge lily pads, slightly bent around the edges so to form a shape similar to that of a bowl. It requires three birds to carry one with anything approaching stability, but they could be used by Seva for his desired purpose. Albeit slowly, mud began to move.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:43:12 pm by DreamerGhost »
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 506