Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 977304 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: Lictor, P.I.
« Reply #9675 on: November 12, 2017, 03:17:59 am »

Where can I find the fluff descriptions of the powers of the Librarian disciplines?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9676 on: November 12, 2017, 09:57:15 am »

Lexicanum? Warhammer wikia?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: November 12, 2017, 10:09:44 am »

Did you guys see the trailer for the next part of the Hellsreach series/animation? It's pretty hype: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPQE-dazj3M

In case some people here don't know what that is: Helsreach is a WH40K novel by Aaron Dembski-Bowden following some Black Templar space marines as they fight to try and protect a hive from orks during the Third war for Armageddon.

As with many 40K novels, it was later made into an audiobook.

Now Richard Boylan is basically taking the (professional) voicework from the audiobook and combining it with music, sound effects and some really good animation to basically create a short web series. Check it out, it's fantastic. Part one is here.

It looks and sounds better than that ultramarines movie, imo. The visual style is unusual but works really well for the setting. And you can see he does this type of stuff professionally, technical details like shot composition and timing are pretty good.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:14:34 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9678 on: November 12, 2017, 10:54:19 am »

I am hype and hopeful, because later in the series FUCKING CELESTIAL LIONS BEST CHAPTER GREAEST CHAPTER WOOP WOOP WOOP shows up to have their asses saved by Black Templars.

Also it totally is SFM animation, using the Joazzz Space Marine models, the older rips from other games and Source resources themselves - servitors being undressed Combine Soldiers from HL2, and the Guardswoman being a mix of Space Marine rips and HL2 citizen face. It all just got a filter on it that covers it up a bit, although it does make it look cool.
Don't get me wrong, it is great to see someone finally putting all those hard worked on resources to use on some good ass animations, but I find it quite funny that SFM animation using publically available models with some filters overlayed on is considered better than Ultramarines movie.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: November 12, 2017, 07:47:33 pm »

Lexicanum? Warhammer wikia?
Not Lexicanum. The Librarian disciplines don't get their own pages, unlike the regular ones. The closest we get are fluff descriptions of the Librarian disciplines, but not descriptions of the powers within those disciplines.

Turns out they are indeed present in the wikia, which I was not expecting considering how everyone says Lexicanum is better than the wikia. Thanks.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9680 on: November 12, 2017, 08:07:20 pm »

Lexicanum is in general the more refined wiki, it has topics on more obscure stuff, and it's all fact-checked, but often lacks the newest lore and the articles are shorter. They also only allow PURELY official material, while WH40k wikia allows fan-art for images. The articles are also generally longer, it's updated faster and whatnot.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9681 on: November 14, 2017, 02:57:17 pm »

In what ways are souls better than daemons?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: November 14, 2017, 03:07:44 pm »

Souls are free agents. Daemons are a product of their environment.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9683 on: November 15, 2017, 01:14:23 pm »

Reading Dark Imperium--I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. Still hate gravtanks. Guy Haley is a solid writer--Baneblade is lit btw--but it seems the Space Marines are not very tactically proficient at all, relying mostly on frontal or aerial assaults--with inevitable casualties--and only the occasional flanking maneuver.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9684 on: November 16, 2017, 12:27:20 am »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9686 on: November 16, 2017, 01:05:59 am »

Reading Dark Imperium--I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. Still hate gravtanks. Guy Haley is a solid writer--Baneblade is lit btw--but it seems the Space Marines are not very tactically proficient at all, relying mostly on frontal or aerial assaults--with inevitable casualties--and only the occasional flanking maneuver.
Eh, most authors can't really write grand strategy well at all.

Frontal assaults and air attacks are more dramatic than clever tactics.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9687 on: November 16, 2017, 08:17:30 am »

That's what they're designed to do, yes. They are the Emperor's mailed fist, and so they punch things. Sometimes they punch things from the sky, or sideways, but they aren't logistically capable of supporting clever tactics.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: November 16, 2017, 11:45:09 am »

The Alpha Legion and Ravenguard would beg to differ.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9689 on: November 16, 2017, 11:46:58 am »

Cough cough
Ravenguard and sucessors also white scars and ultra descendants

Also there are situations, when smartest tactic is just rolling vindicator to something and booming it with demolisher cannon or dropping 10 geneforged demigods  on it and even DRIVING CLOSER TO HIT IT with the sword.

When situation is fitting for covert or any other special warfare proper tactics tend to get used, unless it is black Templars, then it is :
 step 1 yell for the emperor
 Step 2 charge
 Step 3 PURGE

Also damn ninjajin !

Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 824