Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971365 times)

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40,000 discussion thread
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2014, 02:29:24 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:11:39 pm by ragnar119 »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2014, 02:33:47 pm »

Indeed they are Loud Whispers.

That's a very interesting thing to see. I hope it doesn't go the way of the one that was banned because it was made on Germany and something about their copyright laws not fitting GW and England copyright laws.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2014, 02:34:24 pm »

I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2014, 02:39:22 pm »

That's a very interesting thing to see. I hope it doesn't go the way of the one that was banned because it was made on Germany and something about their copyright laws not fitting GW and England copyright laws.

This is (or was, as there is another one by other team in works) the first fan movie that has full official blessing from GW. Not only that, but story for it is being written by Aaron Dembski-Bowden who did Night Lords Series and The first heretic from Horus Heresy books
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:54:35 pm by ragnar119 »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2014, 04:52:23 pm »

This is (or was, as there is another one by other team in works) the first fan movie that has full official blessing from GW. Not only that, but story for it is being written by Aaron Dembski-Bowden who did Night Lords Series and The first heretic from Horus Heresy books

Wasn't the Ultramarines movie also a fan production?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2014, 05:00:16 pm »

Wasn't the Ultramarines movie also a fan production?
Even if it looked like a fan made one, it was not as it was done under licence and production from Games Workshop
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:01:47 pm by ragnar119 »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2014, 06:36:49 pm »

We don't talk about the ultramarines movie.

It. Never. Happened.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2014, 10:19:40 pm »

Oh it wasn't that bad. Wasn't honestly any worse than some of the cutscenes for the game. I think for a first actual attempt at 40k movie, it was ok. Hammy as shit, but ok.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2014, 11:04:41 pm »

Was that the "Blood for the blood god" one?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2014, 01:40:00 am »

Oh it wasn't that bad. Wasn't honestly any worse than some of the cutscenes for the game. I think for a first actual attempt at 40k movie, it was ok. Hammy as shit, but ok.
But it was about ultramarines :/

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

OP updated with links for The Lord Inquisitor trailers.

Also, I found the Ultrasmurf movie disappointing. Not terrible, but was hoping for more.

A show like the clone wars, but focussing on regular guardsmen, would be perfect for the format I think.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

It was exactly what it would a horrid Matt Ward masturbatory fantasy look like. I felt mind raped... hehehe

On a serious note, it was ok, at least it wasn't super long.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TBH, it plays out like most standard SM fiction. Mysterious occurrence, unknown threats, possible moral threat, an inevitable betrayal, 90% of characters killed, victory in the end.

Also, here's the best map of the 40k universe I've found to date. There are many additions to it that come from the (best educated) guesses of happenings in various 40k stories, like The Inquistor Eisenhorn series. I've made some additions to keep it current with the 40k Table Roleplaying games settings, because I use it for my game references.

I'll direct link it, because it's bloody huge and stupidly high res. And yes, it's Imperial-themed. Sorry heretics and xenos scum. http://imgur.com/IjJw0M3
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:06:26 pm by nenjin »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

You are the heretic, for you do not accept the Ethereals into your hearts.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You are the heretic, for you do not accept the Ethereals into your hearts.
Heretic suffering the xenos to live detected
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 824