Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965436 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you sent some clerk to walk up and say that Chenkov has a better success rate and they should do things his way most regimental commanders would shoot them.
Not making the ultimate sacrifice for the Emperor is heresy! *BLAM*

Plus all the money they'd lose on lost lasguns, flak vests and grenades.
Are flak vests even needed? Unless they're fighting human rebels (if so then Chenkov tactics aren't needed), there's no point in having them. Literally everything can pierce them.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

Even the shittiest ork gun can wreck flak vests, but thats probably because orks use huge calibersdakka in pretty much every gun :v

Also pretty much every IG regiment tends to be rather inefficient, Chenkov is just the cherry on top of inneficiency. There was one incredibly efficient IG commander though, that one guy whose name I forgot that is considered a saint and had primarch tier organizational skills.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even the shittiest ork gun can wreck flak vests, but thats probably because orks use huge calibersdakka in pretty much every gun :v

Also pretty much every IG regiment tends to be rather inefficient, Chenkov is just the cherry on top of inneficiency. There was one incredibly efficient IG commander though, that one guy whose name I forgot that is considered a saint and had primarch tier organizational skills.

Lord Solar Macharius, greatest ever commander of the Imperial Guard.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Most of the primarchs had pretty shitty organizational skills afaik. Aside from Our Spiritual Liege, of course.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But there's robot girlyman :v, master of excell, lord of spreadsheets, armchair general supreme. In the Horus Heresy novels he even
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

But there's robot girlyman :v, master of excell, lord of spreadsheets, armchair general supreme. In the Horus Heresy novels he even

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Are flak vests even needed.

They're good moral support. Plus they help a bit against things like frag grenades, shuriken catapults and... You know... other things like that.
I'm just saying it would be cruel not to give them a 5+ just in case they get attacked in melee by dedicated ranged units.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

They're good moral support. Plus they help a bit against things like frag grenades, shuriken catapults and... You know... other things like that.
I'm just saying it would be cruel not to give them a 5+ just in case they get attacked in melee by dedicated ranged units.
Our modern-day equivalent weapons like autoguns and whatnot don't do hit against flak vests. So, useful when fighting other humans. All the time.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Thereya go. Cultists got nothin' on guardsmen.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

They'd also protect against shrapnel, which was the original point of real-life flak vests. It'd increase survivability against shots at long range, blasts and heat as well.

It's just the enemies of the Imperium are such that you need one hell of a strong armour for it to do much, which like giving every Guardsman a bolter would just be uneconomical.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And probably not very feasible since I'm not even sure if regular humans can use bolters by themselves. Ogrin are an option, though, because ogrin are awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bolters for humans are smaller than space marine bolters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Ogryn can't shoot for shit, or conserve ammo, at least in the opinion of the Imperium.

And yes, normal humans can use boltguns. Commissars without enhancements do it all the time. But Bolts are made out to be these special almost magically powerful mini-rockets, despite Orkish guns being just as powerful, even if they aren't diamond-tipped.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

It's always annoyed me that there are two kinds of bolters in 40k.

One is the bolter you'd expect, large enough for a marine, that sets the base line effectiveness of the weapon.

And then there's the wussy human-sized bolter, intended for your Cains, your Gaunts, your Inquisitors and damn near anyone else who wants to feel important, which perform the exact same, even though the fluff goes on and on about how "normal humans can't use Astartes Bolt Guns."

Why, exactly? What benefit does a larger bolt gun give the Astartes? 40k is mostly good about saying "Sorry, you need a weapon crew to use that, puny mortal." Except in this one instances.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's always annoyed me that there are two kinds of bolters in 40k.

One is the bolter you'd expect, large enough for a marine, that sets the base line effectiveness of the weapon.

And then there's the wussy human-sized bolter, intended for your Cains, your Gaunts, your Inquisitors and damn near anyone else who wants to feel important, which perform the exact same, even though the fluff goes on and on about how "normal humans can't use Astartes Bolt Guns."

Why, exactly? What benefit does a larger bolt gun give the Astartes? 40k is mostly good about saying "Sorry, you need a weapon crew to use that, puny mortal." Except in this one instances.

Are you asking why having a larger, more powerful gun is better?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 824