Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971254 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Damned Immateriums, how do they work?
« Reply #1170 on: June 04, 2015, 07:16:56 pm »

Slaanesh, Nurgle and Tzeentch can't have fun with nid bugs tho

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 04, 2015, 09:31:00 pm »

Orcs already technically worship chaos gods.
But yeah, I've heard tell of orcs being on daemon worlds or space hulks without gellar fields- it's really curious that none have gone full-on khorne, tzeentch or nurgle.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 04, 2015, 09:46:45 pm »

But yeah, I've heard tell of orcs being on daemon worlds or space hulks without gellar fields- it's really curious that none have gone full-on khorne, tzeentch or nurgle.

There's some old fluff from 3rd Daemonhunters or something where a bunch of Orks got confused, mistook a mural of Nurgle for Gork/Mork and started worshipping it, became corrupt and so on.

There also used to be fluff for Freeboota Stormboyz that worshipped Khorne.

There's also an entire Ork WAAAGH!!! living in the Warp according to the current Daemons codex. Khorne took a liking to them and plonked them into the mountains of his realm to fight his armies for eternity.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 04, 2015, 10:13:36 pm »

Orks do fall to chaos, it's just rare. And when it does happen, they basically always fall to Khorneflakes. It's probably because they don't fear death (so no Nurgle) only take pleasure in a proppa foight (no Slaanesh) have no ambitions besides being da BIGGEST AND DA STRONGEST (no Tzeentch) and don't really have an differentiation between violence and their every day lives.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 04, 2015, 10:40:19 pm »

There hasn't been much BL stuff with the Tau as main characters, sadly, but the same is true for basically every other faction that isn't either Chaos or Imperium. Rather annoying. >.>

Eldar probably come in 3rd. They've had more stuff published about them than any other non Imperial/Chaos race/faction. Currently reading like a 1200 page compilation on the Dark Eldar.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 04, 2015, 10:42:42 pm »

Orks do fall to chaos, it's just rare. And when it does happen, they basically always fall to Khorneflakes. It's probably because they don't fear death (so no Nurgle) only take pleasure in a proppa foight (no Slaanesh) have no ambitions besides being da BIGGEST AND DA STRONGEST (no Tzeentch) and don't really have an differentiation between violence and their every day lives.
I dunno, Brutal kunnin' sounds somewhat tzeentchian. I could see a Weirdboy or Mekboy doin' it. Or Gretchen. Not that they'd accomplish anything, bein' krumped 'medeeately 'fer blazfemin' 'gainst Gork 'n Mork.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

quamzie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 05, 2015, 12:30:51 am »

Why ork technology does not work in hands of nonorkoid?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 05, 2015, 01:13:46 am »

Because the holder isn't an outlet for the psychic field that makes it work. That said, sometimes it does work. For example, if an Ork sees you doing it, or if you have a reputation as a friend/enemy of the Orks. The more refined Ork technology (it exists) also really does work occasionally, and as such will work for anybody.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 05, 2015, 01:33:07 am »

Here's hoping the FLGS will have metallic paint.
Doing a necron army at the moment and if I can't spray/airbrush them, they just aren't worth doing.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 05, 2015, 06:22:54 am »

I think I might do another series of pics. What race would you like to see me play as (anything except daemons or inquisition, don't have 1.8 yet) and against what (anything but imperium, preferably).

Oh, and should it be the same type of thing, aka random moments with captions, or should I do a play-by-play of a match? I'll probably make another thread for it, but I figured I might as well ask here.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 05, 2015, 07:11:47 am »

Play Dark Eldar, because I'm playing as their counterparts in CKII right now and I've recently developed a sort of grudging respect for them.

Against...Tau.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 05, 2015, 07:13:04 am »

I concur, Tau vs Dark Eldar?

Would you like to organise a multiplayer game? I think I can still run the previous version of UA (1.73 I believe).
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 05, 2015, 09:48:59 am »

Because the holder isn't an outlet for the psychic field that makes it work. That said, sometimes it does work. For example, if an Ork sees you doing it, or if you have a reputation as a friend/enemy of the Orks. The more refined Ork technology (it exists) also really does work occasionally, and as such will work for anybody.

This is basically why Warrick can use his klaw and do the things the orks believe him capable of doing, and he knows this all too well, doing things to support orkk claims about him. Warrick is becoming progressively more badass as orks fear and admire him more and more, because what orks believe, happens.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 05, 2015, 09:55:02 am »

Here's hoping the FLGS will have metallic paint.
Doing a necron army at the moment and if I can't spray/airbrush them, they just aren't worth doing.

So apparently Boltgun Metal flavored spray sold out in just under a day.
Sigh.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 05, 2015, 10:08:13 am »

Mmm, Boltgun metal flavour, my favourite!
Tastes like dead heretics!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 824