Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965312 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2355 on: December 23, 2015, 08:14:49 pm »

Admech got a dex? That actually sounds pretty awesome on all levels

They got two mini-dexes, Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus.

Skitarii is focused on (what else) skitarii augmented soldiers, who are a lot like Imperial Guard Stormtroopers but way better, Tech Assassins, who're kind of meh but really fast, quite killy and look weird as hell, weird sentinel like walkers that are armed with guns or lances and spider tanks.

Cult Mechanicus has an actual HQ where Skitarii doesn't, has tracked gun servitors as basic infantry, electro-priests as assault troops and Legio Cybernetica robots.

They have a special formation consisting of some Skitarii formations, a Cult formation and an Imperial Knight formation, so a full blown Mechanicus army has rules support and is really, really nasty. So much shooting, so much death.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2356 on: December 23, 2015, 08:28:37 pm »

SWEET MERCIFUL GOD-EMPEROR, SQUAD FUCKING BROKEN!
Also Ad-Mech got fucking amazing models.
Seriously, they're one of best things around.

As for your conversion - it would be awesome but sadly it's way too HERETICAL. You damned Heretek.
On the bright side - it's really good job tho.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: December 23, 2015, 08:48:09 pm »

Somehow, I get the impression that those models, cool though they may be, probably suffer from advanced Abaddon Syndrome.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: December 23, 2015, 09:24:35 pm »

Somehow, I get the impression that those models, cool though they may be, probably suffer from advanced Abaddon Syndrome.

I've built a few and found them pretty sturdy.

The Skitarii are basically just a cross between guard and eldar socket wise, deep neck sockets and flat planes everywhere else with space marine style backpack connections. Pretty robust.

The Walker is pretty good as well, most of the bits slot into one another for a nice sturdy model.

The only problem I've actually had so far is the Dominus' really tiny contact patch with his base. There's a very small patch of robe that touches it and otherwise it's those tiny mecha-claws he's got, so gluing him to his base without leaving glue marks around his feet is a little tricky. Would probably be easy enough with pinning, but I've never pinned anything before and can't find my drill bits anyway.

Don't know about the others models, but I've never heard any complaints and the internet would probably have echoed any complaints about them far and wide by now if there were any big problems.

Some of the thinner cables are a bit delicate though, so poor handling/packaging may lead to them snapping off the bigger models. Still way better than things like the Warpsmith though.

EDIT: I just noticed I forgot to attach the Dominus' servo skull.  :P
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 09:26:46 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2360 on: December 23, 2015, 09:32:55 pm »

They're Mechanicus, they basically deal in making things work, there's no way they would break so easily as Failbaddon.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: December 23, 2015, 09:40:27 pm »

SWEET MERCIFUL GOD-EMPEROR, SQUAD FUCKING BROKEN!
Who spilt all this cosmoline?
Personally, I enjoyed the Sisters of Battle one more.

I'd actually really like some of their songs to have the DoW lines stripped out. Some songs really work well with them, in others they're distracting and annoying.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: December 23, 2015, 09:44:24 pm »

I actually don't care for HMKids. Pretty much all of their music comes off as halting and muffled, two things which I cannot stand. I did find a Black Templar-themed song by someone else that was good, but I forgot what it was called.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: December 23, 2015, 09:52:22 pm »

I actually don't care for HMKids. Pretty much all of their music comes off as halting and muffled, two things which I cannot stand. I did find a Black Templar-themed song by someone else that was good, but I forgot what it was called.

The other 40k themed bands I know of are Keepers of Death, Galaxy Aflame and Hammer of Faith.

I personally like Hammer of Faith's Obliterator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIukzIuP4S0, Keepers of Death's Chaos Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s8N3GtIaqU  and Galaxy Aflame's We are the Legion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGSdphg5Pp8

I know Bolt Thrower and Debauchery have some 40k themed songs as well. I'm rather partial to them when painting Khornate minis.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2365 on: December 23, 2015, 10:02:29 pm »

My main concern with HMKids is that I don't speak Russian so I don't understand half of their stuff and most of their stuff isin't actually that great.
I know of Galaxy Aflame, though that's different than HMKids. There's more of it here, Youtube doesn't have most if it. I think the Ordo Malleus is somehow cool, even if my head hurts when I listen to it and my headphones start sparking. The contrast between the mind-fucking beating and the female voice fits the psychotic Inquisiton well. Also, those fucking screams. Noise Marines would approve.
There's was also the Bolt Thrower (Which was even GW official band at some time, IIRC), Terra Caput Mundi or something and a bunch of other stuff, but a lot of it is mostly shit, IMO.
EDIT:
There is this list. Only metal, sadly.
EDIT2:
Also, thanks to Wh40k not being as popular as it should a lot of people are making, well, tributes. I'm of course sick as fuck of the damn Sabaton simply due to this, but I enjoyed this one, this one and that one.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:12:33 pm by Kot »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: December 24, 2015, 09:23:47 am »

I do love that Powerwolf one.

There's a pretty good one for Abaddon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93A0aLLDU0
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 07:39:04 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: December 27, 2015, 05:06:28 pm »

There's a pretty good one for Abaddon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93A0aLLDU
That video does not exist.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: December 27, 2015, 07:38:35 pm »

There's a pretty good one for Abaddon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93A0aLLDU0
That video does not exist.

Huh, could have sworn that link was working earlier. I'll fix the link.

EDIT: Done.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: December 28, 2015, 08:29:39 am »

Damn, just spent way too long reading the story of John Fuklaw.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 824