Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971849 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2565 on: January 18, 2016, 11:13:45 am »

I would really like a sauce on this "Tau lobotomise the Gue'vesa" thing.

Plus, Kot's a loyalist so pretty sure everything he just said was a lie.

Be a real human. Join the ruinous powers.
Bring a land raider. Ours suck.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: January 18, 2016, 11:15:45 am »

I think arbites are one of the oldest things on 40k canon in regards to imperial social structure, so its not really surprising they're total dicks. Pretty much everyone in the imperium was a total dick in rogue trader days, I think, when everything had a shade of nemesis the warlock to it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: January 18, 2016, 11:25:31 am »

I certainly remember one story incuding the arbites breaking into bar, beating everyone with shock maces and then : woo, you have won adeptus mechanicus lottery, you won right to serve as slave-workers to fuel ark mechanicus ship, yay!
It is not something I would like to happen, when I go to bar.
Also  in imperium even  inquisitors( or whole fucking ordos of inquisition, primarchs and space marine legions) have tendency of dissapearing without trace. It does not seem that much of a problem for mechanicus to abduct people without leaving that much evidence.
TO be honest, I doubt they'd need to.

They have the people they raise like chattel on forge worlds.
They can buy or be gifted criminals galore, who have fallen foul of whatever power. Pretty sure the punishment in law for some crimes is being turned into a servitor.
They can clone servitor-stock.

All those are probably easier and safer to do that to adbuct random people - any big scheme of people disappearing will attract undue attention, and if Inqisitors get involved... well, you can knock off Inqs, but that tends to get the rest of them riled up if they find out.

No, it's easier and safer to obtain servitor stock through other means.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2568 on: January 18, 2016, 11:26:11 am »

Smells like noblebright to me
Then you have really bad idea what noblebright actually is.
I certainly remember one story incuding the arbites breaking into bar, beating everyone with shock maces and then : woo, you have won adeptus mechanicus lottery, you won right to serve as slave-workers to fuel ark mechanicus ship, yay!
It is not something I would like to happen, when I go to bar.
Also  in imperium even  inquisitors( or whole fucking ordos of inquisition, primarchs and space marine legions) have tendency of dissapearing without trace. It does not seem that much of a problem for mechanicus to abduct people without leaving that much evidence.
Except... why would Arbites do that? I mean, they're the law enforcement, not Mechanicus puppies. Also, I doubt if your story is actually canon, because, well, bar. Though, to be honest, Ark Mechanicus are so damn rare and amazing and whatnot that they would let a good bunch of people slip to become servitors... on the other fucking hand, I doubt it even more now, since Ark Mechanicus is one of few things in the universe that doesn't require slave-workers because it's so damn advanced, amazing and whatnot.
Spoiler: Maybe later. (click to show/hide)
I think arbites are one of the oldest things on 40k canon in regards to imperial social structure, so its not really surprising they're total dicks. Pretty much everyone in the imperium was a total dick in rogue trader days, I think, when everything had a shade of nemesis the warlock to it.
The Rogue Trader was actually the least-grimdark 40k. Fucking hell, Space Marines back then had working dicks, sipped cold beer like it's nothing and it was all fucking crazy and heavy metal and whatnot, it even got close to being grimbright at times. The 2nd edition was the most grimderp.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: January 18, 2016, 11:30:31 am »

2nd ed was best ed. Although the flexibility of the canon in the RT days was kinda nice.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: January 18, 2016, 11:59:38 am »

That was priests of mars by Dan Abnett, 40000 % canon

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: January 18, 2016, 12:18:43 pm »

That was priests of mars by Dan Abnett, 40000 % canon

As an aside, the price of Priests of Mars today? About 40000% above MSRP as well. (Seriously, the book is out of print and now a single paper back costs $50 fucking dollars.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2572 on: January 18, 2016, 01:37:52 pm »

I always believed life in the Imperium doesn't suck as much as it's made out to be. Unless you live in an underhive, a death world, or are conscripted into the Guard.
Being conscripted to the guard would be pretty rad as long as you didn't end up too fubar'd. Most guardsmen spend their days colonizing abandoned/reclaimed /newly discovered planets, guarding it from regular threats (Imperial Guard after all) and shooting up any PDF who start getting separatist or chaos-y. You can only have so many apocalypses right?

Right?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: January 18, 2016, 01:44:04 pm »

Not sure about the lobotomisation thing, but i'm pretty sure the T'au chemically castrate any Gue'vesa citizens that don't convert to the "Greater Good" but still join the T'au Empire.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: January 18, 2016, 01:44:59 pm »

Yea man, being in the imperial guard would prob suck for a while, but once you got used to everything, it'd prob be actualy fun. You get to lob grenades at orks, watch ogryn clobber Tau dweebs, shoot up slaaneshi cult-raves (and maybe get some glimpses of a daemonette), ride on sweet ass tanks, and if you actualy survive, maybe you can retire to a peaceful agri-world, or even a paradise world if you got enough rank for it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2575 on: January 18, 2016, 01:46:56 pm »

Get rank get bank holla holla shoot heretics

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: January 18, 2016, 01:58:15 pm »

Each transportation is done through literal hell, where : did anyone turn on gellar fields, uh i thought it was ur turn, dude - famous last words.
There is a comissar whose job is to shoot in you.
You meet unspeakable shit. And just regular shit = feral orks, insane chaos dudes, who can corrupt ur soul body and mind.
Administratum clerk made mistake, so you have shipment of great crusade auxilia solaris pattern bayonets instead of food and ammo.
Life in army sucks in general, bc constant drills.
Unlike tau or any other race you have to pray to your guns, so they even shoot
Tech support are nerds in red robes speaking in binary
Your regiment may deploy 19 th century tactics  along with using blue bright uniforms with white caps

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: January 18, 2016, 02:07:31 pm »

Not sure about the lobotomisation thing, but i'm pretty sure the T'au chemically castrate any Gue'vesa citizens that don't convert to the "Greater Good" but still join the T'au Empire.
I thought they neutered POW's before they freed them.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: January 18, 2016, 02:11:26 pm »

Shoot up slaaneshi cult-raves (and maybe get some glimpses of a daemonette).
Actually contact with any form of chaos is regarded as class-A heresy, and even if you perform perfectly you're regarded as irreparably tainted. The first few times you might get away with post-mission mind-wipes (More if important or stormtrooper), but eventually it's either servitordom or mysterious disappearance.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: January 18, 2016, 02:15:29 pm »

I thought they neutered POW's before they freed them.

Based on the Dawn of War series, how they sterilized large portions of the human population that had been restless and rebellious for many years now and had just supported an Imperial attempt to reclaim the planet? I mean, honestly. Sterilized is better than killed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 824