Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965448 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #4020 on: May 03, 2016, 02:12:40 pm »

I like that they made wraithbone look cool. It's alien now, instead of shiny plastic.
And those Bald Ravens charging reminded me of Ultramarines movie and Chaos charging like fucking idiots into gunfire.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: May 03, 2016, 02:15:07 pm »

trailer is accurate, loyalists are suicidal idiots
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: May 03, 2016, 02:17:12 pm »

Those in-game units seem remarkably ungrimdark. Might just be that it's still in production tho.

It looks like they were photoshoped in after the fact
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4023 on: May 03, 2016, 02:45:04 pm »

Apparently that's intentional to make battlefields easier to read. Can't say I blame them, if they're trying to merge massive clashes with high tactical control.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: May 03, 2016, 03:00:10 pm »

But muh grimdark
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: May 03, 2016, 03:25:22 pm »

But muh grimdark
Agreed. Grimdark is necessary for the continued existence of this humble battle bruvah.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4026 on: May 03, 2016, 04:00:53 pm »

Peacepillow 40k.
WELCOME TO NOBLEBRIGHTNESS OF FAR FUTURE!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: May 03, 2016, 04:03:03 pm »

In the bright nobleness of the future there is only mutual understanding.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4028 on: May 03, 2016, 04:05:37 pm »

Also apparently the plot point of DoWIII is Ynnead.
Explains the mountain of bodies, but on the other hand... PLOT ADVANCEMENT WHAT THE FUCK, IS IT REALLY HAPPENING?!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: May 03, 2016, 04:10:50 pm »

Ynnead will be summoned by the sacrifice of a farseer, arriving as a larger, pallet-shifted Avatar of Khaine. S/he'll then turn on the Eldar and kill them. The brave BHLUD RHAVENS will then kill it with bolters and best value gem packs.

The epilogue will be a minor guardsmen character lamenting that the Blood Ravens are leaving them to go on another adventure. The post credits scene will be Eliphas cracking open a forgotten tomb of artifacts and laughing. Cut to black.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4030 on: May 03, 2016, 04:16:30 pm »

Ynnead is literally a full on Chaos God of Death, as in non-existence (unlike Nurgle who is more like a God of Life), not just a simple Avatar of something. His creation would cause proably even more bullshit than fucking Slannesh into existence.
Do you know what that means?
It means Warhammer 40k: End Times.
RELIC NO

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: May 03, 2016, 04:18:30 pm »

BRING IN THE AGE OF SIGMAR EMPRAH, EVERY BRUVA GETS METAL WINGS AND SCREAM DIIIIIVE.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: May 03, 2016, 05:49:11 pm »

Ynnead is one of those Eldar things that makes you think "how the FUCK could this be a good idea"
And then you realise that it's the ultimate FUCK YOU to the filthy lower races, the Old Enemy, the hungry beast, and Slaanesh itself.
A new chaos god, powered by the only thing more common than disease and bloodshed in 40k.

Alien Space Elf MAD Swansong Grimdark Death God

So fucking 40k

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: May 03, 2016, 05:58:47 pm »

There's some Eldar fluff that suggest it isn't as horribly bad an idea as it seems, in that they believe once Ynnead skullfucks the chaos gods (or at least Slaanesh) s/he'll reincarnate the Eldar, including those taken by She Who Thirsts.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: May 03, 2016, 06:30:11 pm »

The Eldar who believe in Ynnead think it'll restore their race to glory after freeing all the Eldar gods and souls that Slaanesh has taken over the years, presumably reincarnating their dead and generally being a nice guy.

Given the nature of how most Eldar die (battle is their greatest cause of death due to lack of disease and long lifespans) and the amount of souls that get pulled out of the Infinity Circuit to power Wraithconstructs, it's probably a safe bet Ynnead will be pretty messed up if/when he coalesces from the Infinity Circuits conglomerated souls, possibly making a nihilistic god of death rather than a benevolent god of reincarnation.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 824