Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965516 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #5160 on: July 28, 2016, 08:55:05 am »

Its not even red.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: July 28, 2016, 11:13:30 am »

Everyone know about Magnus' true form in TTSD? Well apparently is was based off of an old model of his.
Magnus's true form confirmed for world's biggest neckbeard. I mean damn, it's like a mohawk of neckhair.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: July 30, 2016, 05:03:09 am »

I'm playing a Warhammer Fantasy SG on another forum and someone just earnestly suggested that we (good guy ex-Bretonnian border prince) turn the Dark Elves into good guys by trading with them. This is stupid, right?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: July 30, 2016, 05:41:48 am »

I'm playing a Warhammer Fantasy SG on another forum and someone just earnestly suggested that we (good guy ex-Bretonnian border prince) turn the Dark Elves into good guys by trading with them. This is stupid, right?
Mostly. They can be traded with (mostly slaves), but are really into social Darwinism.

Also a true bretonnian knight would never associate with such dishonorable scum.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: July 30, 2016, 06:07:42 am »

Mostly. They can be traded with (mostly slaves), but are really into social Darwinism.

Also a true bretonnian knight would never associate with such dishonorable scum.
Turning them into good guys by trading them slaves doesn't sound like it would work.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: July 30, 2016, 07:01:50 am »

Although border princes are a little more morally fluid afaik
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: July 30, 2016, 08:59:59 am »

Although border princes are a little more morally fluid afaik
I fail to see how that fact would make the Dark Elves repent for their sins and make the world a better place out of the kindness of their hearts.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: July 30, 2016, 01:33:17 pm »

Hah. Filthy mon'keigh.

As if the Eldar had anything to apologize for.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: July 30, 2016, 01:39:22 pm »

Much as I love the Dark Elves, they're literally a giant cult of personality with slaves and cities. The only real way to turn them would be to turn Malekith, which is...very hard but not utterly impossible.

I say this because Malekith's primary motivation is very Doctor Doom-esq, he seriously believes in himself as the rightful heir of the elven throne, and he asserted that case so effectively that half the elves just rolled with it when he got burned and decided that the gods could get fucked if they didn't want to grant him divine right.

As such, while he's a total asshole, he's also one who would do a good job if he just got what he wanted. The other thing is that he's definitely holding in some...uh...humanity is the wrong word. It's not much, but during the End Times when he was mortally wounded, he spent his time bleeding out regretting that his life had been so futile and pointless.

All that said, step one is to get rid of his Slaaneshi mother-wife.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: July 31, 2016, 07:11:08 am »

So about to do another game with my friends, and for this game decided to round out another one of my almost-complete detatchments- A mounted infantry platoon.

Thing is, the three squads present had to be veterans and so far my other two veteran squads are pretty unique.
For the first, they're grenadier veterans which are made from the old metal kasrkin models, albeit with some wires chopped off here and there.
My second are forward sentry veterans with short cloaks and a bunch of helmet-less heads stolen from fantasy.

So my third squad being grenadiers put me in a bind because the kasrkin models aren't being sold anymore (and are being hoarded by other players like me who like the look.)
I ended up deciding on converting some of the new tempestus which I felt I'd never end up using and hopefully changing their look to suit.
Spoiler: Horrible Picture (click to show/hide)
Essentially I took about ten models painted like the ones on the left and tried to make them look more like the ones on the right. The two WIP's in the center are basically how far I've gotten with it.

Spoiler: What went into 'em (click to show/hide)
A pretty simple conversion but damn time consuming, and now I've gotta do it 8 more times.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:44:33 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: July 31, 2016, 09:25:13 am »

My advice would be not to use the Tempestus heads for the rest, they're really distinctive and unlike the rest of the Guard.

Otherwise, looks good.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: July 31, 2016, 09:30:04 am »

I use beret-tempestus for my veteran sergeants, but standard soldier faces(w/masks) for the troops.
Thinking to try and put a beret on my kaskrin sergeant just to complete the theme, but screw dat greenstuff.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: July 31, 2016, 10:37:21 am »

I use beret-tempestus for my veteran sergeants, but standard soldier faces(w/masks) for the troops.
Thinking to try and put a beret on my kaskrin sergeant just to complete the theme, but screw dat greenstuff.

If you have a beret that doesn't look good, try putting a tiny blob in the middle for whatever that scottish hat is called.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: July 31, 2016, 03:53:30 pm »

I went back and repainted/reposed one of the first 3 warhammer models I ever painted. This warrior was one of the three that served as the test models for my original 'nid colourscheme nearly a decade ago. Since I've been rather nostalgic lately and revisiting a lot of games and franchises from my childhood I figured I'd revisit one of these guys.  :)

Spoiler: Before (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: After (click to show/hide)
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: August 01, 2016, 06:04:56 am »

Huh. Looks like you were fairly skilled even back then

Sigh... First warhammer model I ever painted was a tank.
People be defensive of their first models like 'Well what did Your first model look like'?
Tank. Looks like tank.

Re:
kitbashed grenadier veterans
Spoiler: Horrible Picture (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Better pic (click to show/hide)
Because of the round-shouldered look we've taken to calling them beetlebacks.
Too bad prising the backpacks off them has made their backs all lumpy, but they're imperial guard so I'm going for minimum effort.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:16:32 am by Tack »
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 824