Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965557 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: You are what you eat, so eat your greens.
« Reply #5715 on: August 19, 2016, 11:10:20 pm »

As for Chaos affiliation, I'm with Kot on this one. I'd rather follow the Emperor into the horrific, soul-grinding nightmare that is to come then take my chances with chaos. I mean, first we got the tonsil-infesting maggots and creamy phlegm of lord trashbag: That shit makes me lose my appetite just writing it. I'm too lazy for mr. just-as-planned, and same applies to khorne flakes. And as for the prince of nipple-dicks, well... nipple-dicks. That is all.

The problem with Chaos is everyone thinks that they'll be the alpha, instead of one of the legions of slaves or pathetic chaos spaw... chaos things-which-shall-not-be-named. But the ratio of cultists who get eaten by daemons to people who become all-powerful don't look good.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: August 19, 2016, 11:11:51 pm »

Ah, but you see, there's a small problem with that. The Emperor isn't real, and the Ruinous Powers most certainly are.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: August 19, 2016, 11:30:27 pm »

Re: chaos affinity, I suppose I'm like an Eldar.  I try to avoid the call of Them What Thirst, because it's all or nothing.  No healthy middle ground for me.  What is this "in moderation" concept simple monkeigh, sounds like a lack of imagination.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: August 20, 2016, 12:19:37 am »

As for Chaos affiliation, I'm with Kot on this one. I'd rather follow the Emperor into the horrific, soul-grinding nightmare that is to come then take my chances with chaos. I mean, first we got the tonsil-infesting maggots and creamy phlegm of lord trashbag: That shit makes me lose my appetite just writing it. I'm too lazy for mr. just-as-planned, and same applies to khorne flakes. And as for the prince of nipple-dicks, well... nipple-dicks. That is all.

The problem with Chaos is everyone thinks that they'll be the alpha, instead of one of the legions of slaves or pathetic chaos spaw... chaos things-which-shall-not-be-named. But the ratio of cultists who get eaten by daemons to people who become all-powerful don't look good.
I feel like people have missed the point of this exercise.

It's not a question of 'do you like chaos'.

It's a matter of 'you're already going to be corrupted; given that, what has corrupted you/which one has claimed your soul?'

EMPRAH is not a personality type. It is, in fact, the utter lack of one, since mindless drones can't be tempted, and ignorance is the (Imperium's) best defense against Chaos.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: August 20, 2016, 12:26:35 am »

See if you wanna troll Imperials, you gotta roll like MSH. Just straight up insulting them just makes them yawn while they unload a bolter in your face.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: August 20, 2016, 02:14:58 am »

But what about the theories where the Emperor becomes The Chaos God of Order? Then what? Checkmate cultists.

Fine. If I had to pick a Chaos God, I'd pick Malal. the Outcast god, the God of Chaos Divided, because fuck Chaos. What is that you say? That defeats the purpose of the thought experiment? That's perfect, because Malal is all about that self-defeating stuff. Pointless and futile self-destructive tendencies are something I can get behind, full-stop. I'm sure you are going to argue "but he doesn't exist", to which I would respond "that's just a lie perpetuated by the Tzeentchian media and to keep you down, man." Why worship sensation, rot, lies, or war? Worship the end. Worship Chaos Divided. Chaos is already a bevy of contradictions: take it to the logical conclusion, the only conclusion. Don't let Tzeentch bind your fate, Khorne claim your blood, or Nurgle and Slaneesh rule your flesh. Destroy your chains.

Malal/Malice 2016: "Because fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone. And not in the Slaanesh sense either."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 02:35:45 am by misko27 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: August 20, 2016, 02:30:01 am »

But what about the theories where the Emperor becomes The Chaos God of Order? Then what? Checkmate cultists.

Fine. If I had to pick a Chaos God, I'd pick Malal. the Outcast god, the God of Chaos Divided, because fuck Chaos. What is that you say? That defeats the purpose of the thought experiment? That's perfect, because Malal is all about that self-defeating stuff. Pointless and futile self-destructive tendencies are something I can get behind, full-stop. I'm sure you are going to argue "but he doesn't exist", to which I would respond "that's just a lie perpetuated by the Tzeentchian media and to keep you down, man." Why worship sensation, rot, lies, or war? Worship the end. Worship Chaos Divided. Chaos is already a bevy of contradictions: take it to the logical conclusion, the only conclusion.

Malal 2016: "Because fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone. And not in the Slaanesh sense either."
Malal doesn't exist.

Therefore you don't exist. :P

Besides which, Malal is just Tzeentch+Khorne; Betrayal and Anarchy and plans that rip themselves apart.

See if you wanna troll Imperials, you gotta roll like MSH. Just straight up insulting them just makes them yawn while they unload a bolter in your face.
I ain't insultin' anyone. Imperials know it as well as I do that the Emperor only requires you to Hate. You might Hate Xenos especially, or Traitors especially, or Chaos especially, but all he needs you to do is hate and fill your role as a worker drone or a warrior drone, except in the extremely rare case that you're actually in charge of anything.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: August 20, 2016, 02:48:19 am »

It's ok that you don't think Malal exists. He doesn't need you to think that. That's the best part. Don't think he exists? Upset that someone is willing to stand against the oppressive Mary Sue regime of Chaos? Doesn't matter. Self-destruction always wins in the end. It doesn't matter whether you acknowledge it or not. And it doesn't matter he doesn't have lots of followers. As long as there are those who oppose what benefits them most, Malice will always have champions! Beware the one even daemons fear.

Deny Nurgle their flesh and rot! Deny Slaneesh their pleasure and pain! Deny Khorne their blood and skulls! Deny Tzeentch their destinies and fates! Death to the Dark Gods! For the Renegade God! Let the Galaxy Burn!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: August 20, 2016, 02:49:22 am »

Fine. If I had to pick a Chaos God, I'd pick Malal. the Outcast god, the God of Chaos Divided, because fuck Chaos. What is that you say? That defeats the purpose of the thought experiment? That's perfect, because Malal is all about that self-defeating stuff. Pointless and futile self-destructive tendencies are something I can get behind, full-stop. I'm sure you are going to argue "but he doesn't exist", to which I would respond "that's just a lie perpetuated by the Tzeentchian media and to keep you down, man." Why worship sensation, rot, lies, or war? Worship the end. Worship Chaos Divided. Chaos is already a bevy of contradictions: take it to the logical conclusion, the only conclusion.

Malal 2016: "Because fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone. And not in the Slaanesh sense either."
Malal doesn't exist.

Therefore you don't exist. :P

Besides which, Malal is just Tzeentch+Khorne; Betrayal and Anarchy and plans that rip themselves apart.

I ain't insultin' anyone. Imperials know it as well as I do that the Emperor only requires you to Hate. You might Hate Xenos especially, or Traitors especially, or Chaos especially, but all he needs you to do is hate and fill your role as a worker drone or a warrior drone, except in the extremely rare case that you're actually in charge of anything.
That warrior drone/ worker drone thing is exact description of tau society, except all the ruling is done by ethereals and in no way person of fire caste or air caste will get in charge of anything( unless he is commander Farsight).

Even imperium  has more opportunities for rising up through the ranks then that caste system. (when imperium surpasses you in something social or economical, something must be really wrong with your system)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: August 20, 2016, 03:44:51 am »

If the tau follow the Greater Good, why don't they kill themselves for being filthy xenos? Checkmate tautheists.

Seriously, they're just making the galaxy worse by attacking the Imperium. They could do so much more by at minimum not attacking them.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: August 20, 2016, 04:11:54 am »

Well, they do have an entire caste devoted to diplomacy :P
Pretty sure they'd cooexist with the Imperium if the Imperium had any interest in that whatsoever, or even the guile to lie about it (like the dark eldar).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: August 20, 2016, 04:33:59 am »

Ah, but you see, there's a small problem with that. The Emperor isn't real, and the Ruinous Powers most certainly are.

Just fuck you, seriously fuck you!
He is real, I prepare the tinctures to oil his still bleeding skull.
I have had friends absorbed into the throne.
Your ruinous powers are no more powerful than the Fire that is my emperor..
Comon back me up imperium
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5727 on: August 20, 2016, 06:15:30 am »

Off topic point; a 40k survival horror game would be perfect. I personally vote for Warp shenanigans on a ship w/o a Geller Field.
If that is a ship in Warp completly without Gellar Field, it wouldn't be survival horror. It would be /d/ worthy Hentai.

Comon back me up imperium
For the Emperoooooooor!

Even imperium  has more opportunities for rising up through the ranks then that caste system. (when imperium surpasses you in something social or economical, something must be really wrong with your system)
It is known that any (literally any, from underhive scum, through gray factory workers to highest nobles) human citizen of Imperium can become Inquisitor, for instance. You just need to be the right person. Any Guardsman can, in the end, become even Lord Commander Solar, he just need to prove not only his tactical abilities (Before you go "Hurr Chenkov Durr, remember Macharius) but also his balls, by somehow surviving the grim and dark battlefields of 41st Millenium. Regular human boys are the ones who become future Space Marines, be it boys from feral world or Terra itself, and every Space Marine can ultimately become Chapter Master of his own Chapter. Imperial Navy, well, it's harder, but once you made it to Petty Officers and the ship you're on doesn't explode, you're set (also, contrary to popular belief, most of crew on Imperial Navy spaceships are actually volunteers since they pay is much better and conditions are better than on many Hive Worlds) Commissars, Sororitas, Stormtroopers, high-level clerks of Munitorium and adepts of the Administratum (laugh if you must but remember that Grendel (the level 2 Adept who one-shotted a Charnel Deamon... with a knife) is now canon, not to mention that they proably have the best lives around if you're content with 20 hour workday) all come from Scholas Progenium and are orphans, for fucks sake. Anyone can rise to the top in Imperium, the road is ridiculously grimdark hard and requires a lot of luck (or Emperor's watching over you), but it's possible... meanwhile Tau...
Tau have caste system. Fuck your ambition.
Also, their ranks for Humans and other auxiliaries stop at an equivalent of sergeant, IIRC.

Well, they do have an entire caste devoted to diplomacy :P
Pretty sure they'd cooexist with the Imperium if the Imperium had any interest in that whatsoever, or even the guile to lie about it (like the dark eldar).
That's not what's happening. Their "diplomacy caste" exists to convert other races to "Greater Good" or presenting ultimatums. They're the aggresive side here (there were like two acts of agression on Imperial side total, and that was just because they wanted to reclaim what Tau took) and considering that they're on total backwater and Imperium is very busy with important enemies, if Tau actually wanted a peace on equal terms instead of "ACCEPT GREATER GOOD OR DIE, GUE'LA", the Imperium would be more than happy to let them exist, for now. To be honest, Tau proably don't even realize how ridiculously big is Imperium when compared to them or they would be more talkative.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: August 20, 2016, 09:30:00 am »

Tau, dark eldar

ayy

"cultural exchange"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5729 on: August 20, 2016, 09:32:30 am »

To be honest, there is totally a person out there who would want the Tau to be introduced into hardcore bondage and buttrape. :v
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 824