Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965209 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: You are what you eat, so eat your greens.
« Reply #5805 on: August 21, 2016, 05:25:51 pm »

I see that Subtly Eldar take on the Tau crest you've got going there.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5806 on: August 21, 2016, 05:34:55 pm »

Uh, well, it was kinda supposed to be more Necron-ish (I didin't have enough space and didin't consider it important enough to really work on it more) but that's actually... good.
NOBODY KNOWS IF IT WAS ELDAR OR NECRONS OR CHAOS OR IMPERIUM OR TYRANIDS, AFTER ALL.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: August 21, 2016, 06:17:29 pm »

Still pretty high quality, Kot. Well done.

Bet it could be menacing if it had the right lighting :P Tau don't have the aesthetic theme to pull it off in black and white. only when everything is glowing and blinking properly does the sense of 'way higher tech than what you got' really hit. :P (typical guardsmen, keep in mind)

We have gravity gyroscopes to keep us stable. Or something. I dunno, I'm just a Shaper.

I really like how you did the Water Caste, though, actually. It looks like he's wearing a mask, but it adds to the the image. I'm guessing it's just supposed to be robes with a hood or suit or something, though.

Still pretty sure Ethereals are product of all of the Tau pseudo-psykers killing themselves and being reborn. Instead of thousands who've reincarnated for thousands of years, it was about a dozen per Ethereal, who'd been alive for a few hundred years. :P

Pseudo-psykers meaning they are to psykers what the C'tan were to the Chaos Gods, if that makes sense.

((Well no actually I'm pretty sure Ethereals are just the result of [REDACTED], but still).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 06:20:17 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5808 on: August 21, 2016, 06:27:55 pm »

Bet it could be menacing if it had the right lighting :P Tau don't have the aesthetic theme to pull it off in black and white. only when everything is glowing and blinking properly does the sense of 'way higher tech than what you got' really hit. :P (typical guardsmen, keep in mind)
I might actually try. Any preferences for colour scheme?

Still pretty sure Ethereals are product of all of the Tau pseudo-psykers killing themselves and being reborn. Instead of thousands who've reincarnated for thousands of years, it was about a dozen per Ethereal, who'd been alive for a few hundred years. :P

Pseudo-psykers meaning they are to psykers what the C'tan were to the Chaos Gods, if that makes sense.
Eh, I am pretty sure that's not how it works, but... suit yourself. :P
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: August 21, 2016, 07:00:45 pm »

I've come up with a theory as to how blanks are made. Rather than them being gene-engineered into humanity or its ancestors by the necrons - a feat both implausible and impossible - it's just a side-effect of the Emperor's birth. Humanity didn't produce psykers for tens of thousands of years as a result of his birth so it's possible blanks are just part of that side effect.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: August 21, 2016, 07:04:03 pm »

I'm trying real hard to remember what the color scheme I had for my models was, actually. I know what the main color was, I even have the paints and models, I just don't remember what my others were gonna be. :/ Oh well. So not really? But if you want one, dark purplish-gray primary, lavender or lighter grayish-blue secondary, and bronze for the sept markings?

It's neither implausible nor impossible, Andres. Necrons have a room where they can blow up stars by touching their representations on a map.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5811 on: August 21, 2016, 07:12:32 pm »

If we go with a whole lot of other things not being canon, that's as good explanation as any, but eh, in that case the Old Ones would never have any reason to want to wipe out humanity, or rather the "comical tree-beasts" they were at the time and Eldar wouldn't decline to do so because there would be nothing to decline and so on.

Also, fuck impossibility, literally all the races in existence are imprinted with fear of The Reaper, as in the Nightbringer (The scythe is not coincidential), despite it happening millions of years before they gained sentience. Warhammer is already fucking science sideways, I don't really see an acient genetic manipulations on pre-monkeys to have survived until humanity's creation as something implausible.

dark purplish-gray primary, lavender or lighter grayish-blue secondary, and bronze for the sept markings
I have no idea how that's going to work out, but I'll try. I must say I kinda hoped for a picture or something...
EDIT: Holy fuck I either got the colours wrong or the colour scheme is bad to start with, this thing looks RIDICULOUS... I mean, more than usual.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 07:36:27 pm by Kot »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: August 21, 2016, 07:35:51 pm »

You realize of course, if it rules too much, you'll have to be executed for exalting the enemy.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: August 21, 2016, 07:38:32 pm »

Eh, it's dress uniform, let's say. :P

Tweaking the secondary color and making it a bit more like dark grey with medium gray/concrete secondary might look better.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5814 on: August 21, 2016, 07:45:31 pm »

You realize of course, if it rules too much, you'll have to be executed for exalting the enemy.
It's here only to emphasize how badass the Governor is for standing his ground.

Tweaking the secondary color and making it a bit more like dark grey with medium gray/concrete secondary might look better.
Yeah, the Lavender seems to be the worst offender...
Also, I still don't really know, I'm a human male for Emperors sake, I don't speak colours. D: If there was only an easy way to colourize your Tau and show it to someone...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: August 21, 2016, 07:59:20 pm »

Side note - Riptide is way bigger than I expected. Huh.
They're supposed to be Imperial Knight analogue/responses in the latest retcon, if I remember right.

Takes two of them to kill/match one Imperial Knight, but Ion Shielding will do that for ya.

That would be the Stormsurge, I think the Riptide was meant to be a counter to the general use of Imperial armour that crisis suits couldn't take down and Hammerheads and Broadsides lacked the mobility to deal with.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: August 21, 2016, 08:14:43 pm »

I ain't real good with Hexadecimal.

But I gave it a shot.

Stormsurge was meant to be a counter to Imperial Knights in close quarters and defensive situations where they needed to just pack a punch, and really, to deal with small Titans. That's what Destroyer Missiles are for, in large part.

Hammerheads have metric shittons of mobility in comparison to Imperial Armor.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 08:16:29 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: August 21, 2016, 08:31:59 pm »

That's because they're not weighed down by all the awesome Imperial armor has.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: August 21, 2016, 08:36:00 pm »

That's because they're not weighed down by all the awesome Imperial armor has.
- Hovertanks
- Not awesome

I think you might want to check if any medications you're taking conflict with each other....
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: August 21, 2016, 08:37:39 pm »

I mean, Imperial armor needs to be built with compartment space for the crews' bollocks and a special command space for the ego of any Commissar or nobby type who happens to be on board so it's no wonder that the Tau are faster.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 824