Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965299 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: No Such Thing As A Free Bolter, But Heresy's Everywhere!
« Reply #9090 on: September 18, 2017, 12:09:02 pm »

Bah clearly the best place to be is to make a deal with that Necron Lord who is still all those living beings to keep them in stasis. Hire on as his janitor and live comfortably in safety from anything and everything. Occasionally dust off Some Space Marines and you are set.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: September 18, 2017, 12:57:05 pm »

...What is the Inquisition's stance on seeking employment as a xenos's janitor?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: September 18, 2017, 03:39:33 pm »

...What is the Inquisition's stance on seeking employment as a xenos's janitor?
Heresy.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: September 18, 2017, 06:13:39 pm »

Hell, being forced into being a xeno's janitor at gunpoint is considered heresy, let alone voluntarily applying for the job.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: September 18, 2017, 06:35:58 pm »

"The difference between treachery and heresy is ignorance."

There's always an Imperial Thought Of The Day applicable for the question at hand.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: September 19, 2017, 12:01:37 am »

Posting to watch, I'd like to see how people can justify actually caring about this universe where there seems to be no hope, everything is absolutely shitty and all the factions are almost equally evil.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: September 19, 2017, 12:16:27 am »

Posting to watch, I'd like to see how people can justify actually caring about this universe where there seems to be no hope, everything is absolutely shitty and all the factions are almost equally evil.
Do not go gentle into that Old Night, rage, rage, 'gainst the dying of the light.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9097 on: September 19, 2017, 12:18:04 am »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: September 19, 2017, 12:30:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: September 19, 2017, 12:32:22 am »

Think of the average Imperial Guardsmen. He's been drafted from his planet into a giant cathedral in space, given some cardboard and a flashlight, and dropped on an alien planet, to fight magical super soldiers, giant bugs, or sick twisted murder-fuckers. The question posed is "Why does he stand and fight? Why not run, or cower, or join the enemy, or end his own life?"
Think of the average American in WW2. Why would he join the fight against the Nazi menace? Not just to serve his country, and to enact his duty, but to protect his family, to give them a life free from fascism. Take that logic, and scale it up to a galactic level. A guardsman isn't just standing between an Ork and his family; he's standing between that Ork and his entire species. Each second of humanity's continued existence has a carefully calculated cost, paid in the lives of Guardsmen.
The average Guardsman has only a glimmer of hope, and that can be enough. They might not miss, they might wound, they might dodge that explosion, they might make it through, they might come out on top, and give the trillions or quadrillions of other humans another moment of life. Don't forget, the only reason the Horus Heresy didn't succeed was because a single guardsman stood up to a demigod of war and hate, and took a blow for his Emperor, his God, but not before landing a single blow that enabled the Emperor to kill his favorite son. Each Guardsman who falls is Ollanius Pius on Horus's ship during those climactic moments, dying so that his Empire and Emperor could have but another moment to make things right.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9100 on: September 19, 2017, 12:46:20 am »

Because, deep in our hearts, we all know I'm right.
FOR HUMANITY!   FOR THE IMPERIUM OF MAN!    FOR THE EMPEROR!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: September 19, 2017, 12:47:34 am »

I want to draw extra attention to this part and point out that not only is there no hope, one of the main big bad super demon destroyers of the universe is literally literally the god of Hope.

And that is my favourite thing about 40k.

Also not all factions are equally evil. You can always bet on the Taurus guys who not only are resistant to Chaos but also don't want to exterminate absolutely everything not them, only most of the things. Unfortunately for you humans are notd on their approved species list.
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: September 19, 2017, 12:54:19 am »

I mean, would you put humanity on that approved list?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9103 on: September 19, 2017, 12:54:52 am »

I want to draw extra attention to this part and point out that not only is there no hope, one of the main big bad super demon destroyers of the universe is literally literally the god of Hope.
Yeah, the problem is that with him your hope is at best false, since he's totally going to screw with you just for the laughs, since all of them basically amount to insane manifestations of 4chan.

Remember kids, don't take Warp Dust, stay in your Schola and Praise The Emperor.

I mean, would you put humanity on that approved list?
Considering it's the only good faction, they should.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: September 19, 2017, 04:28:13 am »

And that is my favourite thing about 40k.

Also not all factions are equally evil. You can always bet on the Taurus guys who not only are resistant to Chaos but also don't want to exterminate absolutely everything not them, only most of the things. Unfortunately for you humans are notd on their approved species list.

Who are the Taurus? I've never heard of such bovine xenon. The only peeps I can think of with resistance to chaos are modified humans and the tau, if you meant the tau they do have at least a decent number of our favorite squishy, oily bipedal apes fighting for them, unless GW's done some major retcon that I'm not aware of?
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 824