Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971229 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #10995 on: December 10, 2018, 09:44:18 am »

Same reason you haven't yet seen a female SEAL? When there is billions or trillions of people available to recruit from, and you have six geneseed available, it'll be going to the six most brutal and imposing people available. Not to start a 'the sexism of science' debate, but when you have children one at a time and with a large investment, the sex which isn't responsible for the future of the species ends up getting selected for killyness.
On deathworld chapters this might be less prominent, or Ultramar where political manouvering affects someone's inclusion just as much as martial skill does. I also imagine there's likely an abhuman which isn't as radically dimorphic as we are, but until then, why?.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #10996 on: December 10, 2018, 05:47:38 pm »

I suspect it’s also about the models - the very male models are already done, and they don’t want to make new ones for a lore change that would be controversial at best anyway. According to Aaron Dembski-Bowden, one of the BL writers, the concept of female Custodes came up in a talk (as there’s no lore reason for them to be all male), but the model department vetoed it hard on the basis that the models were already done.
Source?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10997 on: December 10, 2018, 06:04:35 pm »

I suspect it’s also about the models - the very male models are already done, and they don’t want to make new ones for a lore change that would be controversial at best anyway. According to Aaron Dembski-Bowden, one of the BL writers, the concept of female Custodes came up in a talk (as there’s no lore reason for them to be all male), but the model department vetoed it hard on the basis that the models were already done.
Source?

Here. Some more comments elsewhere in the thread. ADB is fairly active in the community there (and yes, it is apparently in fact him, there’s AMAs and such).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10998 on: December 10, 2018, 06:07:33 pm »

Thank you.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10999 on: December 10, 2018, 06:23:22 pm »

Rather than asking for female SMs, I wish people would show the Sororitas more love. Space nuns are best faction anyway.

Plastic models for the gun-nuns are apparently coming in 2019, and this year's publication of Chapter Approved is supposed to have a beta codex for them. I've seen a teaser pic for one of the plastic models, and it looks pretty damn good, as long as people remember to thin your paints(and not your pants, as that would lead to awkwardness when looking at your SoB models).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11000 on: December 11, 2018, 08:17:03 am »

The face does look like it needs... something
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11001 on: December 11, 2018, 10:14:09 pm »

Rather than asking for female SMs, I wish people would show the Sororitas more love. Space nuns are best faction anyway.

Plastic models for the gun-nuns are apparently coming in 2019, and this year's publication of Chapter Approved is supposed to have a beta codex for them. I've seen a teaser pic for one of the plastic models, and it looks pretty damn good, as long as people remember to thin your paints(and not your pants, as that would lead to awkwardness when looking at your SoB models).

This one? It does look very nice. A good amount of detail and the face is well done, I like the scarring.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11002 on: December 11, 2018, 10:33:35 pm »

Dig the prowess, the capacity for violence!
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

TWO CATATA

• Bay Watcher
  • twin kavat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11003 on: December 23, 2018, 12:13:59 pm »

Same reason you haven't yet seen a female SEAL?
Increased suitability for plainclothes operations due to being overlooked more by people who say sentences like that

hi i'm a daemonette ask me anything
Luxuria, Zarakynel and Miriael Sabathiel are badass <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11004 on: December 23, 2018, 02:52:56 pm »

Increased suitability for plainclothes operations due to being overlooked more by people who say sentences like that
hol up fam lemme just hang up my power armor so I can go hang with the civvies.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11005 on: December 23, 2018, 04:19:23 pm »

The codex astartes does not support this maneuver.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11006 on: December 23, 2018, 08:08:54 pm »

The codex astartes does not support this maneuver.

"The Codex can get royally fucked" - Every chapter that matters, ever.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11009 on: January 08, 2019, 02:20:55 pm »

So just after Christmas I bought Rogue Trader, Blackstone Fortress and a few other books and things.
Just assembling it all has been a trial, but I wanted the models for my Wrath & Glory campaign so i’m pretty excited to pull them all out.
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 824