Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1562624 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 7630 laugfs and counting
« Reply #7635 on: August 02, 2017, 09:54:38 am »

Durrgns

My question is..
Would they have the same stats as actual D&D dragons? Maybe 1/10 of those stats?
If not any of those, what would their stats then be?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: August 02, 2017, 10:50:45 am »

+5 to adorableness.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #7637 on: August 02, 2017, 12:52:27 pm »

Durrgns

Durrgn: "i iz fiyah. i iz deth! i iz... sleepy nao. zzzz..."
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: August 02, 2017, 04:41:56 pm »

Chainsaw Maid

Love its quiet, twisted sense of humor

Reminded me of this one. Warning: significantly gorier and maybe more disturbing than Chainsaw Maid. But still kinda funny.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: August 07, 2017, 06:00:55 pm »

Doug the Eagle has returned. Fifteen years late, sure, but still...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: August 07, 2017, 06:24:38 pm »

Mods can be nice. They can be good. But sometimes, they can be incredible.
Is he.. Shield Surfing without a shield?
(Yeah I may have played a bit much Breath of the Wild lately.)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: August 07, 2017, 06:50:52 pm »

Is skateboarding suddenly a skill Witchers have now? :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: August 07, 2017, 07:08:41 pm »

Most of the times I try to shield surf I lose momentum really fast, even on a gentle downhill slope. You really need a pretty steep hill to get started. This makes me sad.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: August 07, 2017, 07:12:18 pm »

I'd love to play a multiplayer Zelda racing game, based on the shield surfing mechanics in Breath of the Wild.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7645 on: August 08, 2017, 11:00:04 am »

So I went to this College Application help thingmajig (some kind of meeting where you met with several Admissions folks and asked for their advice on college essays).

After they'd reviewed the essays, we had some time to spend, and one of the Admissions folks told us about how one day the air conditioners were acting up in one of the college dorms/living spaces.

After checking literally every room with a temperature gun, they came to an empty closet.

Turns out that the "empty" closet was being used to store a supercomputer that was mining bitcoins like no tomorrow - the owner had earned over a thousand dollars before the machine was shut down...

Apparently the moral of the story is what video games have taught me - an empty closet is never an empty closet...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: August 08, 2017, 03:50:37 pm »

Did not quite expect the outcome of this Cyanide & Happiness vid.
Warning: It's a Cyanide & Happiness vid. There, I did the warning. Am I free to go now?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: August 09, 2017, 10:27:11 am »

The nature of the funny may qualify as a WTF. It did for me in any case...

Still pretty good.

EDIT: A really dumb Crime Spree
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:06:22 pm by AzyWng »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: August 11, 2017, 02:36:51 pm »

Not 100% sure if this made me laugh, or snigger.

The ship of extreme-right anti-immigration organistation Defend Europe, that has been pestering ships trying to rescue migrants from drowning in the Mediterrenean, got into trouble itself, and had to be rescued by one of the aid ships they normally protest againts.
They are known for accusing aid organisations of being the driving force behind human trafficking.

When they arrived on the island of Cyprus, part of the crew that had been hired in Sri Lanka was caught trying to abandon ship and ask for asylum in Europe.
The Defend Europe crew has been arrested for human trafficking.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/anti-migrantenschip-komt-in-problemen-uitgerekend-hulporganisatie-springt-bij~a4510785/

Wahahahahaaa
Sorry LW, my sides are in higher orbit than yours
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:38:53 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7649 on: August 11, 2017, 03:44:17 pm »

They are known for accusing aid organisations of being the driving force behind human trafficking.
And by the EU and by Italy there is cause for concern. I know from this side of the channel we were suspicious that some peoples in Europe were working with traffickers when the British had med migrant rescue operations, since withdrawn. They were withdrawn officially because the gov decided that the help was just encouraging more to make the journey, but I heard from one of the people on the missions that migrants had the contact details of British ships they shouldn't have known, which really gets the noggin joggin. Someone in yurop, gov, EU or NGO, was coordinating with traffickers. NGO ships being allowed into the Libyan coast where patrol ships would be fired upon, NGOs being in telephone contact with human traffickers, whether they're being paid or their altruism is being abused, the end result is pretty much the same. More people trying to risk it. And you ask me why NGOs are communicating with slavers is not a good sign for the west

Wahahahahaaa
Sorry LW, my sides are in higher orbit than yours
This was an observable pattern; until the ship hits a whale and asplodes I'll not be laffified sufficiently. The optimal side to launch weight ratio is maintained by the unexpected gut slaughter caused by human pain, because laughter is the strongest way to cope to such things. The greater the misfortune, potential misfortune or perceived misfortune, the greater the reaction. This is why in most British comedies instead of having the main character be likeable and great, emerging victorious from life's problems, the main character is usually deeply flawed and enters into life's failures producing unimaginably worse results. This is why Tom and Jerry with cat noises and cat behaviour is horrible, and why Tom being abused with a human man's voice, mannerisms and behaviour is hilarious, why a Clown must slip and slide on banana peels, or why Comedians must follow two vital rules to be funny: The first being they must hate themselves deeply, the second being they must hate their audience deeply. Absurdity can also be funny, in a Monty Python-esque way of subverted expectation. Now combine Absurdity and Adversity:

A Chinese manufacturing company is selling what it claims are "high-quality refugee boats" that can be delivered by sea, air, or door to door.
The inflatable boats can carry between 25 and 30 passengers and are available in different colours.
The sales, carried on the website of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba, offer buyers a "high-quality refugee boat" for between $800-$1,100. According to the web page, the boats, constructed out of plywood, aluminium and PVC, can carry 25-30 passengers.
Life-jackets are considered "optional equipment".
It's not the first time Alibaba has been caught out selling such boats. Another web page which has since been removed from the site advertised "inflatable rescue refugee boats" as being "not likely to sink".
“The boat has good capacity of anti-sinking,” the advert read. “When the boat is in max loaded condition (even the boat is filled fully with water), the boat still can be float on the water.”
What are we, but kindred sides lost in time, wrenched from us by the curious pain of giggling joy
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 879