Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316738 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #300 on: July 12, 2014, 09:36:12 am »

I assume you can't pulp it because it's made out of stone.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 12, 2014, 09:43:28 am »

I assume you can't pulp it because it's made out of stone.

Well, there has to be a way to create pulpable stone. Does anyone know how this is done? :)
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 12, 2014, 09:45:01 am »

I'm sure there's a way to make a flesh material that's as tough as stone, but being flesh it's pulpable.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 12, 2014, 10:06:28 am »

I'm watching iron men and amethyst men kick each others' asses in the arena, and more often than not it ends with the other's upper body collapsing. "Pulping" works fine, but you won't see anything explode into gore.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 12, 2014, 11:10:33 am »

I'm watching iron men and amethyst men kick each others' asses in the arena, and more often than not it ends with the other's upper body collapsing. "Pulping" works fine, but you won't see anything explode into gore.

Well, that's weird :o My balrogs can sever parts, but they don't seem to be able to pulp eachother. :(

Apparently, adding [VASCULAR:1] to the tissue makes them explode and stuff. :D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:17:58 am by TheDorf »
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2014, 11:59:12 am »

Toady said I believe that lots of accumulated wounds = pulping. So you need something to wound? Vascular bleeding would be something that can accumulate.

Having nerves or ligaments probably would make it pulpable too, if adding vascular does.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 12, 2014, 12:35:50 pm »

Toady said I believe that lots of accumulated wounds = pulping. So you need something to wound? Vascular bleeding would be something that can accumulate.

Having nerves or ligaments probably would make it pulpable too, if adding vascular does.

That does make sense. Thanks :O

On an unrelated note, why won't my pools of blood evaporate? If the MAT_FIXED_TEMP of a material is higher than the BOILING_POINT, it should evaporate, shouldn't it?

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 12, 2014, 12:39:59 pm »

1. How would I change an obsidian sword to have properties similar to a Maquahuitl?
2. Can items require multiple materials to make?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 12, 2014, 12:44:59 pm »

That does make sense. Thanks :O

On an unrelated note, why won't my pools of blood evaporate? If the MAT_FIXED_TEMP of a material is higher than the BOILING_POINT, it should evaporate, shouldn't it?
Don't have much experience with the new Arena, but the 0.34 arena was not exactly diligent about checking temperatures.  Boil-away stones would just sit on the ground and taunt you.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 12, 2014, 12:51:15 pm »

1. How would I change an obsidian sword to have properties similar to a Maquahuitl?

Not quite sure what you mean. Which properties were you hoping to change? Stone weapons are the same as their normal counterparts, aside from materials and creation. You could make a custom maquahuitl weapon though.

You can also use custom reactions to make an item require multiple materials, but items themselves are only made of one material.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 12, 2014, 01:41:49 pm »

I won't be able to fully understand pulping until DFHack 0.40.xx is available, but here is some info:

Explodes into gore
- Seen on blunt attacks to many organic parts

Splits in gore
- Seen when small organic parts were gouged as a wrestling move

Collapses!
- Seen when joints were bent (bended?)
- Seen on blunt attacks to many organic and inorganic parts

Ripped into loose shreds
- Seen on bites or scratch attacks to many organic parts

Is torn apart
- Seen on bites to heads

Cloven asunder
- Seen when the head was hit with an edged attack (hacking or stabbing)

Collapses into a lump of gore

Is crushed

Is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass!
- Seen on blunt attacks to necks, upper arms, upper legs, etc.

Mostly cut away from the rest of the torso!
- In the .exe file, but not yet observed in game (by me at least)

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2014, 03:01:09 pm »

I won't be able to fully understand pulping until DFHack 0.40.xx is available, but here is some info:
Mostly cut away from the rest of the torso!
- In the .exe file, but not yet observed in game (by me at least)

I've had that one a few times. It was with a swordman adventurer who had survived for a while, so he got his skills up to around skilled. I think I also had above-average strength.
I believe I was killing goblins or something, but I guess the important part is I was slashing the upper or lower body with a sword.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 12, 2014, 03:15:20 pm »

1. Not sure, what you're asking for the first question, but if you want to make obsidian swords stronger (i.e. not utterly useless), the material properties need to be changed.  You can just do this in the stone-entry itself, since its template provides the rest of the infos.  Igfig's modest mod does exactly this, like so:

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[MELTING_POINT:13600]
[BOILING_POINT:16000]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:obsidian][DISPLAY_COLOR:0:7:1][TILE:177][LAVA]
[MAX_EDGE:20000]
[IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:3]
[SHEAR_YIELD:33000]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:33000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:113]
[IS_STONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2650]
MELTING_POINT:11818 <-- I think this is from the data collected by the contributors above and is more accurate than the numbers we're using, but we're using a high melting point until environmental lava effects are further along.

If you're trying to create a new weapon, that goes in the item_weapon.txt file.

2. In custom reactions, you can specify as many reagents as you want to make a single item. Obsidian swords are, in fact, hard-coded to require multiple materials (the stone itself and a wooden log)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:30:50 pm by samanato »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 12, 2014, 03:28:49 pm »

A cutting weapon with a large contact area, a teeny meeny tiny penetration depth and additional velocity for taste. The obsidian makes a bleeding cut in the skin and then carries on the force like a club.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 12, 2014, 04:17:12 pm »

Anyone know how to globally turn off [flier] short of edditing all raws and on a side note if I do edit all raws, can I renable em without new world.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 247