Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316643 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #330 on: July 13, 2014, 06:59:26 pm »

No, though drunk is in use now.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 13, 2014, 07:32:38 pm »

How well will creatures I made in the last version transfer to 40.xx? Do I need to adjust a few tags or rework them entirely?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 13, 2014, 07:33:34 pm »

How well will creatures I made in the last version transfer to 40.xx? Do I need to adjust a few tags or rework them entirely?

Basically just attacks, gaits and occasionally odors and vision arcs need to be changed.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 13, 2014, 08:25:25 pm »

Say I want to change dragons to have scale as tough as iron. I've defined a material for it named SCALE_TEMPLATE_IRON. Would I just change the tag [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE] to [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE_IRON]?

I assume I'll have to make similar changes to tissues as well.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 13, 2014, 08:32:03 pm »

Say I want to change dragons to have scale as tough as iron. I've defined a material for it named SCALE_TEMPLATE_IRON. Would I just change the tag [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE] to [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE_IRON]?

You could also redefine the relevant material properties in situ iirc, which is useful if only one creature is supposed to have ultra-tough natural armour.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 13, 2014, 09:31:27 pm »

How do I change the color of an Entity's contructions on the world map? Even when I set them to 5:0:1 or 5:5:1 they show up grey.
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 13, 2014, 10:23:44 pm »

To use [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE] I believe you'd have to define a material template, rather than a material.

Essentially, what you'd do is make a copy of the SCALE_TEMPLATE in material_template_default.txt, rename it to something like SCALE_TEMPLATE_IRON, change the values for yields, fractures and strains to match those of iron, and then just add [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE_IRON] to the dragon. :)
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #337 on: July 13, 2014, 10:28:19 pm »

or can make a custom scale tissue that is made from iron
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON]

Altho that won't yield scales of iron, instead butchering would yield "creature's name iron[n]" n being a value of the tissue volume.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #338 on: July 14, 2014, 09:02:44 am »

Does anyone know where the old 'realistic tree raws' thread is? I wanted to ressurect it because currently all the new tree raws have their density set to 600 and their color to burnt sienna.
As well, there's at the least one tree(Bayberry) which describes two completely different plants at the same time, even if they are family of each other.
This worries me because I am not quite sure what to do with that when I'll be creating the related stonesense graphics...
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 14, 2014, 09:46:03 am »

I figure someone must be way ahead of me in testing this - Do the new dreams actually work as SECRET_GOALs? I don't expect them to do so given what Toady said about them, and so far, that expectation seems to be true. They don't throw up an error log, but people also don't pursue them in world gen, it looks like.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 14, 2014, 01:24:11 pm »

I figure someone must be way ahead of me in testing this - Do the new dreams actually work as SECRET_GOALs? I don't expect them to do so given what Toady said about them, and so far, that expectation seems to be true. They don't throw up an error log, but people also don't pursue them in world gen, it looks like.

Yes, they do.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 14, 2014, 05:44:38 pm »

Yes, they do.

Has anyone actually tested secrets with those secret goals, and have had them learned by historical figures, is my question. Because as far as I can tell, only immortality will actually cause that secret to be learned in world gen. The xml export seems to say that as well - historical figures may have multiple goals, but only immortality is stated as a secret_goal in the xml. The dreams being acceptable tokens doesn't mean they're working tokens.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 14, 2014, 07:53:48 pm »

Oh, so by "actually work" you didn't mean "are valid in the raws". The distinction isn't necessarily obvious...

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 14, 2014, 08:01:41 pm »

There's a simple way to test, and it is this: Copy one of the interaction examples out, change the motivation, use advanced worldgen to set secrets to 0, so you only get your secret.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 14, 2014, 08:08:43 pm »

Trying this right now, with the necromancer secret goal changed to RULE_THE_WORLD. So far, no towers yet.

The secret does show up in the XML under the deity list, though, so it does get generated. Nobody seems to pick it up, though...

Although, apparently secrets don't have to be sought out by immortality-seekers? Using [SUPERNATURAL] with some sphere will always give a modded creature innate knowledge of the secret, though not sure, if this still works in .40
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:16:21 pm by samanato »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 247