Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316628 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #555 on: July 31, 2014, 04:56:12 pm »

I'm trying to make an icebreath attack.
I created a new material template because reasons for this that is similar to water except for the fact it's a gas at room temperature, and it has to be absurdly cold for it to not be a gas.
However, when made into a dust-breath (which would make it at the correct temperature for it to exist at such a point), it is still a harmless room-temperature gas instead of a freeze-off-your-smaller-body-parts dust.
Troubleshooting?
And before you ask, yes I'm making wizards.
Oh, and they and their female version are still addressed as "humans" and don't blink between their alttile.

Has your material a MAT_FIXED_TEMP?
I didn't think that was necessary. The wiki doesn't say it is, and that's all I had to go by.
Going to try that.

MoonMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 31, 2014, 04:59:44 pm »

Is there any way for me to make cloth chairs called cushions? Or is the coffin/casket/sarcophagus type stuff hardcoded?

Making a cloth chair is simple enough:

[REACTION:CHAIR_CLOTH]
   [NAME:craft cushion]
   [BUILDING:TANNER:CUSTOM_ALT_C]
   [REAGENT:A:20000:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:CHAIR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:CLOTHESMAKING]

Unrelated question, is there a way to specify eggs from a specific creature as a reagent?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 31, 2014, 05:03:05 pm »

I found the problem - I had the melting and boiling points swapped.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 31, 2014, 05:15:18 pm »

Is there any way for me to make cloth chairs called cushions? Or is the coffin/casket/sarcophagus type stuff hardcoded?

Making a cloth chair is simple enough.

Unrelated question, is there a way to specify eggs from a specific creature as a reagent?

Fairly certain that names are hardcoded, with the only exception I know of being for blocks, which can be done on a materials basis and in vanilla is used to rename clay blocks to bricks.

As for specific eggs as reagents, the item and material line would look something like this:
Code: (Chicken eggs) [Select]
EGG:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:BIRD_CHICKEN:EGGSHELLThough the material may also be EGG_WHITE or EGG_YOLK, I'm not entirely sure which of the three it would be.

MoonMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 31, 2014, 05:56:56 pm »

Your egg reagent worked, thanks. Bummer about the item names.

Scruiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 31, 2014, 06:07:50 pm »

Spoiler relating to new
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
related content
If this hasn't been figured out yet, does anyone have any suggestions on the kind of SCIENCE! and modding I would need to do to figure it out?  I imagine an uncompressed save followed by looking through the procedurally generated raws might be necessary.

We must figure this out, sadly I have no way to extract raws... can someone extract raws and find a binded demon/slab to see if it isnt just hard coded?

I was kinda hoping that i could make a sort of "Overlord" mod, and since there are more reasons to learn secrets and things i can get creative.
If anyone was interested, Toady answered my question about this in the future of the fortress.  Its tied to the generated UNIQUE_DEMON token (which can't be modded). 
Things I have never done in Dwarf Fortress;

- Won.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 31, 2014, 06:46:55 pm »

Before I continue on my quest to make wizards, is it possible for cold objects covering a body part to cause frostbite, or is that restricted to the environment?
This is technically modding-related since such things happen extremely rarely outside of modding.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 31, 2014, 06:51:54 pm »

Before I continue on my quest to make wizards, is it possible for cold objects covering a body part to cause frostbite, or is that restricted to the environment?
This is technically modding-related since such things happen extremely rarely outside of modding.

All I have is anecdotal evidence of my adventurer picking up a dagger that was well below freezing and having their hand get frostbitten. I have not done any real testing with this before, and am not 100% sure how it works.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 31, 2014, 06:53:56 pm »

All I have is anecdotal evidence of my adventurer picking up a dagger that was well below freezing and having their hand get frostbitten. I have not done any real testing with this before, and am not 100% sure how it works.

What was the delay between picking up the dagger and being told about damage from the cold?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 31, 2014, 06:57:04 pm »

I can't quite remember, since that adventure was back in May. It was fairly quick though, I only got a couple of steps before it started warning me.

I'm not even certain how cold the dagger was either. It was stuck in some ice and I took it out once the pool thawed. It apparently had an ice coating.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 31, 2014, 07:01:15 pm »

I can't quite remember, since that adventure was back in May. It was fairly quick though, I only got a couple of steps before it started warning me.

I'm not even certain how cold the dagger was either. It was stuck in some ice and I took it out once the pool thawed. It apparently had an ice coating.
I'm testing in the arena right now. Someone is covered in "human ice" which technically is 200 Urists (Water freezes below 10,000 Urists, but we all know that). No signs as of 20th Slate, 1.

Scruiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 31, 2014, 11:37:22 pm »

I think I recall a post on where someone had several ice spell interactions.  To get frostbite, they used a liquid that was generated at below freezing temperature (I think you set the boiling point really low, so when the game is told to make the material a liquid, it generates it at a temperature below the boiling point and then you also give the liquid a fixed temperature).  You use a liquid so it can cover them, allowing frostbite faster. 
No wait found the thread... they used a syndrome that simulates the effects of frostbite.
Awesome!  I have a few spells I've come up with (with quite a lot of help): 

Spoiler: Ice Spike (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arctic Wind (click to show/hide)

Both of these spells require this material:

Also, for any creature you want to give these spells to (especially the second one), you'll have to add [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL][COLDDAM_POINT:NONE].
Things I have never done in Dwarf Fortress;

- Won.

kibaseviltwin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Half-Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 01, 2014, 01:52:17 pm »

hey can someone tell me whats wrong with my this this reaction

i was trying to make 20 remains make 10 coke
All glory to Meph, a Legendary +15 modder and expert Forum Poster

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 01, 2014, 01:54:04 pm »

PRODUCT:20:10 means you have a 20% chance of getting those 10 bars and 80% fuck-all.

kibaseviltwin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Half-Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 01, 2014, 01:58:18 pm »

so i should change 20 to either 90 or 100
All glory to Meph, a Legendary +15 modder and expert Forum Poster

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 247