Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316803 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #585 on: August 03, 2014, 03:19:48 am »

I think only Toady really knows what many of these new tree and growth tokens actually do. Probably, the token takes two percentages and only allows the growth to appear between the first percentage and the second percentage. The -1 then would be a marker that, yes, the very top is what you mean. So a [GROWTH_TRUNK_HEIGHT_PERC:50:100] should have the growth on half the tree. But that needs to be tested.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 03, 2014, 03:43:24 am »

Those numbers might be too big.
ill test with smaller numbers and post the results.
then i can have some !fun!
seems like it still doesn't work. it did once before i started to fully edit my custom race and i threw a ogre 7 tile and a goblin like 16 tiles. but it just stopped working. it think it has something to do with the creature file(pg 39)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:53:56 am by Lightningy »
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 03, 2014, 10:45:10 am »

I think only Toady really knows what many of these new tree and growth tokens actually do. Probably, the token takes two percentages and only allows the growth to appear between the first percentage and the second percentage. The -1 then would be a marker that, yes, the very top is what you mean. So a [GROWTH_TRUNK_HEIGHT_PERC:50:100] should have the growth on half the tree. But that needs to be tested.

It appears to actually work like this, from what I've tested of it in the arena.  If there are any branches below, the growths will simply ignore them and go directly to the specified range.  50,-1 doesn't seem to do anything.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 03, 2014, 10:55:04 am »

It appears to actually work like this, from what I've tested of it in the arena.  If there are any branches below, the growths will simply ignore them and go directly to the specified range.  50,-1 doesn't seem to do anything.
Thanks. I had done some tests with the tree tokens, which I put on the talk page, but not so much on the growth tokens beyond the host tile one.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 03, 2014, 11:28:12 am »

Back in the lazy newb pack, 34.x there was a program that would increase the amount of ram DF would use....is there something like that for 40?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 03, 2014, 11:35:57 am »

Just google up Large-Address Aware stuff.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 03, 2014, 01:23:36 pm »

TY found it...though it only improved fps by 10.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 03, 2014, 01:28:55 pm »

So I thought I had correctly modded dimple cups to be brewable. For some reason, the still workshop doesn't have the option to brew plants. Like, at all. No option. Just extract plants and brew mead.

I'm thinking either I really screwed something up with plant brewing by modding dimple cups or this is some bug with 40.05 I haven't heard about or something.

Do I need to do anything else to make brewing dimple cups possible for dwarves, like some entity stuff or anything?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 03, 2014, 01:34:33 pm »

No, nothing. Double-check reaction_other.txt to make sure nothing changed with the reaction.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 03, 2014, 01:41:21 pm »

No, nothing. Double-check reaction_other.txt to make sure nothing changed with the reaction.
I thought brewing booze with plants was hardcoded though?

Huh. My guess is that I mixed up the raws with an older version with 40.05 while I was adding my mods. The raws doesn't have all the reactions that the other .40 versions have. Found the problem, will fix. Thanks.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 03, 2014, 06:06:28 pm »

TY found it...though it only improved fps by 10.
The big advantage of having more RAM isn't that it improves FPS, it's mainly that it allows you to have more junk in your fortress before the game crashes due to not having enough RAM to hold everything.

That said it looks like we might get a 64-bit version soon, after Toady mentioned a 64-bit test in the latest monthly report.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 03, 2014, 11:10:42 pm »

When did Toady fix the left-right foot(ed)ness for adventure mode made boots? I can now put them on without hazard. Though, gauntlets are still problematic.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 03, 2014, 11:41:32 pm »

I'm having trouble getting this interaction to correctly limit the target number. Any idea?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 03, 2014, 11:49:41 pm »

The main interaction identifies the target as 'A' in this line:
Code: [Select]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
But the can-do-interaction identifies the target as 'C', which doesn't exist. So these constraints are not used:
Code: [Select]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:40]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 03, 2014, 11:58:40 pm »

Ahhh! thank you! this is what copy-pasta-ing my other interactions gets me.
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 247