Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316745 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1905 on: January 11, 2015, 12:37:20 am »

I don't think it'll errorlog too much.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: January 11, 2015, 12:38:41 am »

Yeah, the tag just isn't recognized by the game anymore. It's just pointless trash taking up space.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: January 11, 2015, 03:24:46 pm »

There exists ANIMATED and CHILD graphics, but are there ANIMATED CHILD graphics?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1908 on: January 11, 2015, 03:31:16 pm »

No, I dont think so.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: January 12, 2015, 01:37:44 am »

What may be causing the "no farmable crops" rejection at worldgen? It didn't happen in 0.34.

So, um... any updates on this? It's kind of halting my progress.

I've been getting this rejection a lot in 0.40.X. And the worlds that I do generate are those that didn't get civilizations of certain entity types (I think I've narrowed it down).

I'm not sure what's going on. I've tried adding all the farming tags to them, adding the goblins' no_eat to the creatures, and adding the 0.40.X super-huge library of plants; doesn't help.

Two of the entites have non-sentient castes; I've tried making them all intelligent, didn't help either. They have the same biome and site tokens as goblins (with dark_fortress replaced by cave_detailed, as it caused freezing).

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: January 12, 2015, 01:49:10 am »

Without seeing anything, I can only guess. Could exclusively herbivore entities have started in biomes that don't support any plant life (as permitted by the START_BIOME:ANY_LAND that includes glaciers, mountains and tundra)?

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: January 12, 2015, 02:06:05 am »

Um... there's no herbivore tag. And I've tried adding the tags from goblins (bonecarn and no_eat).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1912 on: January 12, 2015, 04:17:35 am »

But there is a SPECIFIC_FOOD tag, just look at pandas. You can make your own herbivores that way.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: January 12, 2015, 05:04:55 am »

I didn't actually want them to be herbivores, anyway. Right now, they have a problem with actually existing. The "without crops" thing. I've posted the entities' raws here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146997.msg5908138#msg5908138

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: January 12, 2015, 06:00:14 am »

Considering the nature of the error, I'd start with narrowing down the list of biomes they can start in. If [START_BIOME:ANY_FOREST] gives you no hiccups, there could be something wrong with subterranean plants.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: January 12, 2015, 06:08:19 am »

there could be something wrong with subterranean plants.

I dunno. Most default underground plants are still there, and there is a depth 1 edible_raw plant and one with drinks.

I'l try playing with the biomes some, then.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: January 12, 2015, 09:24:48 am »

What new .40.xx creature tokens should I be aware of when updating a custom creature from 34.11? I'm aware of the ODOR tags, along with the new GAIT movement changes, but is there anything else noteworthy? I also heard that some old 34.11 tags were phased out for .40, would anyone happen to know what those tags were?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: January 12, 2015, 10:06:41 am »

[LIKES_FIGHTING] was retired, but won't cost errors.

ODOR tags are not neccesary and would default to defaults if not present. Apart from that, attacks should also have [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:x:y]
I do stuff, I guess

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: January 12, 2015, 10:24:09 am »

What new .40.xx creature tokens should I be aware of when updating a custom creature from 34.11? I'm aware of the ODOR tags, along with the new GAIT movement changes, but is there anything else noteworthy? I also heard that some old 34.11 tags were phased out for .40, would anyone happen to know what those tags were?
SPEED was removed entirely, and LIKES_FIGHTING rendered meaningless (reputedly it already pretty much was since it was only used for one thought.) The important new tokens are the attack tokens below, and you may want to replace [GRAZER:x] with [STANDARD_GRAZER]. Most usable new tokens are in the following spoiler:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finally, there are the attack tokens:
ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER takes two numbers - how many ticks it takes to make the strike, and how many to recover from it. Mostly the numbers are 3:3, for kicks they are 4:4.
ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK means that the attack isn't effective for use in multi-attacks, and has the counterpart ATTACK_FLAG_INDEPENDENT_MULTIATTACK.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: January 12, 2015, 03:01:01 pm »

Is it possible for modding raws in one file to completely screw up stuff in unrelated files?  I think my wolf-eagle might be to blame for the complete absence of shelled creatures in water, which sucks, because I'll have to rebuild it more or less from scratch.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 247