Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 440146 times)

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2014, 11:05:49 am »

One of my dwarves apparently has a mind of his own and ignores everything I tell him. He is driven by some unknown force to run south and rub against the map edge. He's been there for half a year now. I don't know if he actually gets food or water, but he doesn't seem hungry, thirsty, or drowsy, though he is perpetually tired. I want to transport him to my fort... for science.

Any ideas how would I do so? I'm thinking of using a webbed cage, though I don't have any captive GCS yet.

(also hi, I'm new here c:)

Unless he's hostile, traps won't work. Is his icon flashing, by any chance? (I mean, rapidly changed to, say, an exclamation mark?). My guess is he sees something that's horrifying him, making him run away in fear. Would explain the tiredness.
Any job cancellations?

No job cancellations. The dwarf simply will not take any jobs (stays at "No Job") despite having labors enabled.
He could be horrified. He was wounded some time ago, and had to be washed and then sewed back together. Several times he cancelled resting - interrupted by Undead Human Spearman or somesuch. Then he ran away, scrapped at my raised bridge for a few minutes, and came back.
He completely renegerated as far as I can tell (limbs went from red to yellow and now to white) and he is no longer tired. Edit: now he is tired again?..
He is still running away from a corpse that is literally on the other end of the map though. At least I think he is. He doesn't have any kind of flashing icon, just standard purple-on-black dwarf icon.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2014, 11:09:00 am »

One of my dwarves apparently has a mind of his own and ignores everything I tell him. He is driven by some unknown force to run south and rub against the map edge. He's been there for half a year now. I don't know if he actually gets food or water, but he doesn't seem hungry, thirsty, or drowsy, though he is perpetually tired. I want to transport him to my fort... for science.

Any ideas how would I do so? I'm thinking of using a webbed cage, though I don't have any captive GCS yet.

(also hi, I'm new here c:)

Unless he's hostile, traps won't work. Is his icon flashing, by any chance? (I mean, rapidly changed to, say, an exclamation mark?). My guess is he sees something that's horrifying him, making him run away in fear. Would explain the tiredness.
Any job cancellations?

No job cancellations. The dwarf simply will not take any jobs (stays at "No Job") despite having labors enabled.
He could be horrified. He was wounded some time ago, and had to be washed and then sewed back together. Several times he cancelled resting - interrupted by Undead Human Spearman or somesuch. Then he ran away, scrapped at my raised bridge for a few minutes, and came back.
He completely renegerated as far as I can tell (limbs went from red to yellow and now to white) and he is no longer tired. Edit: now he is tired again?..
He is still running away from a corpse that is literally on the other end of the map though. At least I think he is. He doesn't have any kind of flashing icon, just standard purple-on-black dwarf icon.

Draft him and station him.  If that doesn't work than you must conclude the worst and burrow him.  Failing that just let him be an early warning system for invaders.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2014, 01:08:17 pm »

Draft him and station him.  If that doesn't work than you must conclude the worst and burrow him.  Failing that just let him be an early warning system for invaders.

Turns out that a civilian alert is literally the only thing he responds to... in his own, strange way.

I locked him up in a room for safekeeping. I have strong suspicions that he is a vampire, so I want to see if he ever sleeps or feels hunger.

Also, locked doors are awesome.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2014, 03:11:22 pm »

Also, locked doors are awesome.
Only if there are no butterflies in them. Butterflies will jam doors.
._.

annymouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2014, 05:29:26 pm »

Heya! I'm a bit new to DF in general, and i've been searching around this Dark Fortress that supposedly has some abductees in it. I cannot find the entrance though D: I've practically outlined the site and still can't find it.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2014, 05:41:50 pm »

Heya! I'm a bit new to DF in general, and i've been searching around this Dark Fortress that supposedly has some abductees in it. I cannot find the entrance though D: I've practically outlined the site and still can't find it.

What about those upward ramps on the inside? Can you get inside from above?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

annymouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2014, 07:10:52 pm »

What about those upward ramps on the inside? Can you get inside from above?

it's all just ground on top

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2014, 07:20:41 pm »

Look for a large tower of slade, with both an extensive above and below ground interior.

By the looks of the screenshot, you are just wandering around Dark Pits somewhere near the tower itself.

annymouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2014, 08:04:37 pm »

Look for a large tower of slade, with both an extensive above and below ground interior.

By the looks of the screenshot, you are just wandering around Dark Pits somewhere near the tower itself.

the compass points me here, is it because it's under me? If I go anywhere else it directs me back here.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2014, 08:06:55 pm »

Is there any way to get rid of undead skin? Can you kill zombie skin?
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2014, 12:59:08 am »

the compass points me here, is it because it's under me? If I go anywhere else it directs me back here.
I'm having this issue too, I'm about to try the guard towers for stairs...

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2014, 01:14:59 am »

Do this.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2014, 01:22:50 am »

how do you claim/take over a site for a civ or something other than yourself.  Can you?  or do you have to walk back to the king every time and offer him the position
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

annymouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2014, 01:41:38 am »

Do this.

ive tried, it's dense fog and snowing so everything a: looks the same and b: there's little light :( i just wanna rescue this girl

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2014, 04:47:28 am »

If all I ever grow are plump helmets, is there any point to cooking them?
Should I go for Easy meals or Lavish meals, if I have a legendary cook but only one ingredient?
I'd like to start growing something else, but there are just so many plants in the game I get lost.
For instance, if my dwarves only drink dwarven wine (from plump helmets), what kind of beverage should I make to get rid of the "tired of drinking the same old booze" thought?

Also, is it feasible to clothe all your dwarves by yourself? I'm on year 2 and my 64 dwarves all have slightly worn x(clothing)x, so I made a rope reed farm, though I don't know how many rope reeds I'll need.
Also, I wish I could assign specific farmers to specific plots, without having them starve because they can't leave the burrow.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:49:29 am by Nikita »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 268