Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 440115 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 02, 2014, 12:42:48 pm »

so my question is, has anybody else ran into getting light into there under ground farm by building the farm under a stump?

There were reports of people having the ceilings of their underground farm areas pierced by trees in 0.40.04.  The trees-piercing-ceilings bug was fixed in 0.40.05.

If you ran a fort in .04 and had your farms "contaminated" by light from ceiling ruptures, then those particular tiles are forever ruined for underground farming.  But the good news is, you might be able to use those tiles for aboveground farming, even after you replace the ceiling.  You may have to remove and rebuild your farm plots, making sure that each farm plot only has 100% aboveground or 100% underground tiles.

is there any danger of enemies getting in through the stump?
also how do i keep the armok dammed goblins from climbing over my walls?

I don't have answers for those questions yet.  I'm one of the people who just isn't getting attacked, at all, except for the initial bandit squads.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 02, 2014, 02:46:01 pm »

How many items can a weapon/armor rack/stand hold?

Can animals now reproduce in cages, I had 3 dingos give birth, they've been in a cage for about half a year?

My Marksdwarves have 100 wooden arrows (remaining), designated for practice, they trained for their first month, scheduled, but on the 2nd they stopped training and for their entire month they just stand around.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:48:03 pm by locustgate »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 02, 2014, 04:24:34 pm »

Can animals now reproduce in cages, I had 3 dingos give birth, they've been in a cage for about half a year?

The female must be pregnant before going into the cage.  Once that happens, she can give birth in the cage.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 02, 2014, 05:02:20 pm »

The female must be pregnant before going into the cage.  Once that happens, she can give birth in the cage.

Damn I got lucky then, 3/3 female dingos pregnant.

damnit,urist,youhadonejob

• Bay Watcher
  • ugh don't build your self on that side of the wall
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 02, 2014, 06:27:32 pm »

so my question is, has anybody else ran into getting light into there under ground farm by building the farm under a stump?

There were reports of people having the ceilings of their underground farm areas pierced by trees in 0.40.04.  The trees-piercing-ceilings bug was fixed in 0.40.05.

If you ran a fort in .04 and had your farms "contaminated" by light from ceiling ruptures, then those particular tiles are forever ruined for underground farming.  But the good news is, you might be able to use those tiles for aboveground farming, even after you replace the ceiling.  You may have to remove and rebuild your farm plots, making sure that each farm plot only has 100% aboveground or 100% underground tiles.

i have the newest update, and there is no holes in the ceiling, i have been using it to do a above ground farming from the safety of my fort,

DracMonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 02, 2014, 06:40:41 pm »

I've noticed goblin sieges seem to happen much earlier now. My current fortress just had one at 46 citizens and I had one before with only about 30 dwarves.

Is there any consensus on the current triggering conditions? 80 citizens is obviously no longer valid.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 02, 2014, 06:51:41 pm »

My Marksdwarves have 100 wooden arrows (remaining), designated for practice, they trained for their first month, scheduled, but on the 2nd they stopped training and for their entire month they just stand around.

For now it's probably best to not have separate bolts for combat and training.  This has been buggy for a very long time, with dwarves frequently doing nothing because their quivers have the wrong bolts in them for the current thing they're trying to do and the dwarves not being smart enough to swap them out.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Jachim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 02, 2014, 08:08:57 pm »

Anyone got any solutions for sudden single digit fps drops that seem to just randomly occur? :( It's kinda killing my recent fort and i've not figured out what it is doing it yet.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 02, 2014, 08:16:33 pm »

Anyone got any solutions for sudden single digit fps drops that seem to just randomly occur? :( It's kinda killing my recent fort and i've not figured out what it is doing it yet.
down grade to a smaller world or save and restart df.

Jachim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 02, 2014, 08:18:51 pm »

Thanks for the reply, i'll try restarting, it seems to be happening more frequently now.. I just found candy, and confirmed I haven't awoken the circus, but maybe the sudden spike is causing raiders to think about coming my way and they can't path to my fort?

Or something? I dunno, it keeps happening every few minutes for 5-6 mins, then jumps back up to a stable 45ish again. Really weird.

edit: save/reload didn't help, it started at 6FPS and it's sitting steady at it right now... hasn't increased now in 10 minutes.. very frustrating :(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 08:24:23 pm by Jachim »

JLT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 03, 2014, 05:11:33 am »

I'm in spring of my 2nd year, and one of my seven dwarves just became king. Does anyone have an idea what happened here?

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 03, 2014, 05:23:40 am »

I'm in spring of my 2nd year, and one of my seven dwarves just became king. Does anyone have an idea what happened here?

Maybe all other dwarven settlements got captured by goblins while you were playing and the previous king died?

JLT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 03, 2014, 05:44:45 am »

Maybe all other dwarven settlements got captured by goblins while you were playing and the previous king died?

I'm so totally screwed. I'm sieged by 5 corpses riding on demons since last summer. I didn't get a trade caravan in autumn and no migrants, which probably makes sense if the mountain home got eradicated. I don't have an anvil, since I prefer spending the embark points on other stuff and instead buy one from the caravan later. And now my new king wants coins. Not to mention that he's seriously pissed that he still has to sleep in a crappy dormitory with the other peasants.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2014, 06:54:29 am »

I'm so totally screwed. I'm sieged by 5 corpses riding on demons since last summer. I didn't get a trade caravan in autumn and no migrants, which probably makes sense if the mountain home got eradicated. I don't have an anvil, since I prefer spending the embark points on other stuff and instead buy one from the caravan later. And now my new king wants coins. Not to mention that he's seriously pissed that he still has to sleep in a crappy dormitory with the other peasants.
Humans sell anvils if it comes to that.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2014, 10:03:59 am »

Ok It's been 2 years and not a single person has adopted/been adopted by any pets/cats (yes all of the animals are available. (I've got about 10 cats and 15 dingos (tamed)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 268