Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 438888 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #1245 on: February 09, 2015, 03:05:51 pm »

If shooting it out of a minecart or launching it off a bridge or dropping it 20z levels isn't in that thread . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: February 09, 2015, 03:06:56 pm »

What does increasing the number of "beasts" on worldgen do, exactly?  Is it for (semi)megabeasts, titans, forgotten beasts, or large regular animals?
Megabeasts. See more in DF2014:World generation#Number of Beasts at DF wiki.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: February 09, 2015, 03:28:45 pm »

Emotions weirdness, one of my dwarves "felt love talking with mother", yet she is (one of two) mothers in the fort. And the child has the corresponding: "felt love talking with a child". (40.19) Is this still present in current version?

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: February 09, 2015, 03:52:01 pm »

As far as I know, yes.  Pretty sure it's a typo.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: February 10, 2015, 10:03:21 am »

• Do I get right that there should still be immigrant groups even when there are no actual other sites of given civilization to take from?
  • Also, are traps any useful in defence of retired fortresses? Or are AI battles there just done in the way they are done in worldgen which IIRC used to be multiple one-on-one combat calculations till one side falls over, not sure if it is still that way?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: February 10, 2015, 10:05:09 am »

Migrants will be created to satiate your fort if needed.
AI battles aren't physically fought.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: February 10, 2015, 10:15:51 am »

AI battles aren't physically fought.
Thanks for fast answer. So what one does to keep his retired fortress defendable? OK, traps are irrelevant. Is equip irrelevant too so you just leave highly skilled military units there? Or even skills are irrelevant, just leave there lots of dwarves and hope for the best?
(noted by jwoodward48df)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: February 10, 2015, 10:17:54 am »

Skills are relevant, but because battles are calculated I'm not sure how; but skills are very relevant/
Equipment is also factored in, I'm sure; due to experiments with goblins and their access to weaponry inworldgen.
Number of combatants (active and considered in the military @ exact time of retirement) also helps when your dwarves do die.
Battles in worldgen/out of sight are fought 1v1.
PKs DF Mod!

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: February 10, 2015, 10:22:25 am »

Skills are relevant, but because battles are calculated I'm not sure how; but skills are very relevant/
Equipment is also factored in, I'm sure; due to experiments with goblins and their access to weaponry inworldgen.
Number of combatants (active and considered in the military @ exact time of retirement) also helps when your dwarves do die.
Battles in worldgen/out of sight are fought 1v1.
Interesting. So if one has like 30 military dwarves in 100 fort it is good idea to put the rest of 70 to military squads before retiring to help defend it? But aren't worldgen/out of sight sites also calculating their food and other stocks so putting 100 of 100 dwarves into military before retiring may help with defence but in long run will lead to starvation in that site?
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: February 10, 2015, 12:22:50 pm »

What happens to pets when their owners take a cart ride?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: February 10, 2015, 09:31:52 pm »

What happens to pets when their owners take a cart ride?
Probably the same thing that happens to babies.

Splat.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: February 10, 2015, 09:57:48 pm »

Does anyone have a 'slime' syndrome or interaction template to give to 'giant floating guts' that will simulate (slow) digestion via contact?

Blisters and swelling are my default, but . . .
PKs DF Mod!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: February 11, 2015, 12:42:33 pm »

Are constructed fortifications climbable? I haven't seen one in adventurer mode to test.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: February 11, 2015, 03:21:30 pm »

Nope. A truly extinct civilization will not generate migrants beyond the two hard-coded waves, nor will they ever send a trade caravan or liaison. It is currently not known how to distinguish between "extinct" and "nearly extinct" civilizations.

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: February 11, 2015, 03:42:13 pm »

I have my population cap set to 60, but my fort has continued to get migration waves and I'm now hanging out at 100 dwarves.

What gives?  Is this gonna keep increasing and ignoring my cap?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 268