Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 439972 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #1620 on: May 27, 2015, 04:20:55 pm »

Sorry, misspoke,  how do I not get branded a murderer?

As in, can I attack him without peeps spitting in my face? And get the glory fer beating the criminal organisation?

Or would it be better to just walk away?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:30:12 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: May 27, 2015, 08:53:13 pm »

I should very much like my totally inactive farmers to actually harvest crops. I have a mostly-empty food stockpile, about four-six farmers with the correct labors enabled, and they just sit around doing nothing, occasionally planting a few more seeds in the partially-planted field.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 28, 2015, 12:49:30 am »

I should very much like my totally inactive farmers to actually harvest crops. I have a mostly-empty food stockpile, about four-six farmers with the correct labors enabled, and they just sit around doing nothing, occasionally planting a few more seeds in the partially-planted field.

That's weird, you have 'plants' enabled in the food stockpile? Most anyone should be able to harvest crops, I don't think it's a farm related labour, just a hauling job.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 28, 2015, 01:24:45 am »

Yep. I also have "Dwarves all harvest" turned on, and my farmers all have the right hauling labors enabled.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 28, 2015, 04:04:19 am »

Yet another question guys: since I started smelting Gold crafts, trading gems has been a waste of time, and I'm tryin to get my dwarves to put some on finished goods. They will cut gems, but not encrust them, what am I doing wrong here? The labour just NEVER GETS STARTED.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1625 on: May 28, 2015, 06:03:59 am »

Make sure you have a dwarf with gem setting as a labour. It's different to the cutting labour.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: May 28, 2015, 06:08:24 am »

All 4 jewellers have gem setting on.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 28, 2015, 12:03:29 pm »

Okay, another adventure one: I was followed around by a gobbo swordsman and spearsman. No ambush, though. THe swrodsman ran at my approach, but the spearman has not. When I asked him why he was travelling, I got no option but to change the subject. Now, when I asks him how he is feeling, I get this:

Obviously intended for npcs, I surmise? With the gobbo not replying, I appear to be "alright". I reply to all my questions.

Any ideas/similar experiences? not a problem as such, I just want to know what's going on.

Oh, and he is wearing nothing, but is covered in water. He also holds nothing. Yet he is a SPEARMAN? Oh Armok... And he's named...

This translates to:Nako Towerwraith Harvestbow Quandary, or maybe Nako Towerwraith the Harvested Bow of Quandaries
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:23:48 pm by NJW2000 »

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 28, 2015, 01:18:58 pm »

Do you have crops withering in the fields? If not, there aren't enough plants to require your farmers to harvest. If you disable "all dwarves harvest" then only your farmers will take the job, if that's what you want.

As for "partially-planted" fields, you should check that all tiles in a field share the same biome and characteristics (e.g. above ground). Farmers will only plant a field up to the first tile which is unable to support the crop; all subsequent tiles are ignored. 

They will cut gems, but not encrust them, what am I doing wrong here? The labour just NEVER GETS STARTED.

If you set a workshop profile to require a certain level of skill, and none of your jewelers have that level of skill in *gem setting* then there is no dwarf capable of taking the job. Remove the workshop profile restrictions to get the work started.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 28, 2015, 01:50:32 pm »

Ah, of course, I've been going for dem gem crafts and large gems. Thanks!!!!!

Knew about this mechanic of course - just forgotten. Note to self - you moron.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 28, 2015, 04:22:42 pm »

I do indeed have plants withered. A good fifteen tiles of plump helmets were wasted just now, actually. I didn't know about the biome thing, but that doesn't seem to be a major problem, they do plant if I leave them to it.

It's also worth noting that this problem has appeared in every fort I've played so far.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

heritage727

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 28, 2015, 07:56:21 pm »

I do indeed have plants withered. A good fifteen tiles of plump helmets were wasted just now, actually. I didn't know about the biome thing, but that doesn't seem to be a major problem, they do plant if I leave them to it.

It's also worth noting that this problem has appeared in every fort I've played so far.

Do you have stockpile space available? If your food stockpiles are full (or set not to accept plants), crops won't be harvested.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 28, 2015, 10:39:38 pm »

My main food stockpile, a few tiles from the farms, has everything enabled.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 29, 2015, 12:16:15 am »

Do magma-safe gems exist? If so, which ones? Are any gems not fire-safe?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:18:52 am by DragonDePlatino »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 29, 2015, 12:32:20 am »

...I just caught my dedicated brewer harvesting crops. He has nothing but lever pulling and brewing enabled, and he has a ton of other crap to do, and he, instead of my five specialized farmers decides to harvest? What the hell?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 268