Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 438826 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #2010 on: August 31, 2015, 10:29:37 pm »

upper arms and lower arms are still cubes i think

i'm not sure if any points are automatically non-cube cuboids?

the shape as a whole will usually be a non-cube cuboid

dwarven hair is not even cubes, it's just a pair of numbers (length/color) with an associated number somewhere else (style), more like line segments than cubes

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: September 01, 2015, 12:08:18 am »

I have made dozens of fortresses and not once have i ever came across bituminous coal or lignite. Does the stuff still exist?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: September 01, 2015, 06:41:34 am »

def.

lignite seems harder for me to find native, personally, but Ive seen both in 40.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: September 01, 2015, 07:00:40 am »

upper arms and lower arms are still cubes i think

i'm not sure if any points are automatically non-cube cuboids?

the shape as a whole will usually be a non-cube cuboid

dwarven hair is not even cubes, it's just a pair of numbers (length/color) with an associated number somewhere else (style), more like line segments than cubes
XD

just got done saying shapes dont exist and Im giving shapes to limbs.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: September 01, 2015, 07:47:55 am »

Here's a weird question: Do the undead breed/lay eggs? I'm having a little trouble capturing some animals without killing them. If I use a necromancer to raise an alligator, will it still lay eggs?

And another weird question: Can you tame/train an undead animal?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2015 on: September 01, 2015, 08:00:35 am »

1. I don't believe so.

2. [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] will cause them to kill your trainer.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: September 04, 2015, 12:57:24 pm »

(accidentally asked this in the silly thread instead)

So a dwarven caravan came to my fortress for the N'th time and we traded with them just fine (I made sure they made over 10k in profits) and I look away for a while, when suddenly, I see job cancellations, and the unit screen tells me that some merchant animals have been caught in cage traps. I also see one merchant's axedwarf killing my fortress dwarves. I stationed my military near him and they killed him. The rest of the merchants started leaving a bit before that happened.

Can anyone explain what could cause a merchant guard to randomly start killing my dorfs without provocation?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: September 04, 2015, 01:06:29 pm »

Maybe a wagon saw a dead body and then self-destructed, making the merchants angry?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: September 04, 2015, 06:53:30 pm »

Will a population cap of 7 be respected? I'm trying to see how I do with just the starting dwarves.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: September 04, 2015, 07:18:31 pm »

It should.  A soft cap of 7 will prevent migrants until your S7 die, and a hard cap will stop the baby-train
PKs DF Mod!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: September 04, 2015, 09:38:26 pm »

I thought you couldn't stop the first two migrant waves, which should bring your pop to around 20.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: September 04, 2015, 10:01:09 pm »

are they still?

If you embark in fall you need to wait 2 seasons to get migrants and a year for caravans
PKs DF Mod!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: September 05, 2015, 06:19:38 am »

So a dwarven caravan came to my fortress for the N'th time and we traded with them just fine (I made sure they made over 10k in profits) and I look away for a while, when suddenly, I see job cancellations, and the unit screen tells me that some merchant animals have been caught in cage traps. I also see one merchant's axedwarf killing my fortress dwarves. I stationed my military near him and they killed him. The rest of the merchants started leaving a bit before that happened.

Can anyone explain what could cause a merchant guard to randomly start killing my dorfs without provocation?
You have any hostile chained creatures nearby? The merchant guards can attack the creature, and I think your fort members might be obligated to respond, and so on. Potentially werebeasts and tantruming dwarves could be another cause.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: September 05, 2015, 06:38:46 am »

no, chained critters can be 1v 1ed without outside interference.  Ive seen countless outpost liasons (in all versions) lethally fight chained bears and even a random fort member or two having a good ole 'brawl' level fight with chained trolls.

my offhand impression is reclaiming foolery in that world.
PKs DF Mod!

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: September 05, 2015, 07:44:16 am »

You have any hostile chained creatures nearby? The merchant guards can attack the creature, and I think your fort members might be obligated to respond, and so on. Potentially werebeasts and tantruming dwarves could be

No, the only thing I have chained in the general viscinity is a tame dog. I do have a large number of caged prisoners and caged hostile creatures, but I don't think you can start a fight with those. The only lead I have is that this happened at roughly the same time as I released a goblin and a Giant Cave Spider into my silk farm, and the spider started shooting webs, but there is no way those could be seen by the merchants as they were several levels down and behind a wall. Unless one of them had [EXTRAVISION] i suppose. But even then, the merchant guard can't path to those.

Is it possible that either my dwarf or the merchant guard were the enemies of my civ, despite never harming another dorf since the fortress was founded?

Edit: now the elven marchants came. My civilians got scared of them and military immediately attacked them. It looks like all of my dwarves have somehow become evil!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:26:46 pm by Nikita »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 268