Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 438802 times)

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #2235 on: November 05, 2015, 03:17:26 pm »

Ah, but that's not the problem. The problem is that I can't tell the game "dump non-butcherable carcasses while stockpiling butcherable ones", so I have to use a stockpile.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: November 05, 2015, 05:14:30 pm »

Since there appears to be no way to order that only non-butcherable carcasses be dumped while butcherable ones are stockpiled, how can one set a stockpile up where anything placed in it is immediately atomsmashed/dumped into magma without putting the hauler in any danger? At first, I considered pressure plates, but now I'm thinking about building bridges, designating the stockpile over them and then just leaving them retracted all the time.

You can't designate a stockpile on top of a bridge. You can, however, link your stockpile to a minecart sitting on a dumping track stop next to a pit, and configure the minecart to only take "unbutcherable" refuse. You can dispose of the pitted refuse via magma (make sure the pit is deep enough to prevent magma mist from reaching the top) or an atom smasher.

Kneenibble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: November 06, 2015, 11:42:44 am »

After picking a fistfight with the wrong dwarf, my deeply disturbed Queen made use of her Royal Mausoleum at last.

It's been several in-game months, and no replacement is forthcoming.  I have been unable to find anything written on succession in bug reports or the wiki -- should I expect an heir at some point?  Or is that feature not implemented or bugged?  I've never had a monarch die before.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: November 06, 2015, 01:34:03 pm »

I just captured a bunch of peregrine falcon people, and the human caravan is coming soon. What exactly do I need to do in order to sell a caged but untrainable creature? I tried selling the humans a troll last year, and that just ended with a dead troll.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: November 06, 2015, 01:36:34 pm »

Any and all wild or hostile critters that are brought in cages to the Trade Depot will be released upon entering.  The human caravan guards put down those critters.  Do note that elves don't have guards like human or dwarve caravans.

wrt the the new King:  Don't really know.  I do know that you can inherit the duke/baron of other settlements and they don't leave.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kneenibble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: November 06, 2015, 02:33:15 pm »

Indeed -- after first becoming a barony, having appointed one of the starting 7 to be Baroness, I shortly after received a second Baron migrant.  Both of them died years ago and no heir arose to fill their vacant rooms.  Now that the Queen is dead, I don't have any nobles left.  Many players may consider that an ideal state, but I feel undwarfy without them.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: November 07, 2015, 01:43:43 am »

How does one know if a minecart track is working? I set up a really simple guided track for dumping refuse into magma, taking from four different refuse stockpiles (I will be happy when I do not actually need four ever again). Having around 40 idlers at present, I figured I'd see someone moving towards the minecart eventually, or the job being triggered by the minecart/route itself, but I can't see anything? Is it just a case of "wait and see"?
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

DerangedArsonist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: November 08, 2015, 05:38:07 pm »

When are the requirements for monarch arrival shown?

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: November 08, 2015, 06:56:42 pm »

'n'obles screen, then push 'c', I think.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: November 08, 2015, 11:51:42 pm »

When are the requirements for monarch arrival shown?

You can find them in the raw files. Look for "entity_default". You can also modify them there, if you wish.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: November 09, 2015, 12:09:39 pm »

Do decorations add weight?
One wheel short of a wagon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: November 09, 2015, 12:16:16 pm »

Nah.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: November 09, 2015, 12:29:41 pm »

Balls.

Wanted to make shield maidens. As in, dwarves with super heavy shields who were basically ultra-skilled walls of smashing. Thought of them as an anti-undead measure.

So is the heaviest normal shield metal silver?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: November 09, 2015, 12:32:04 pm »

Mod in lead as a sheldable material.

Or use iron.  Iron shields are a thing I give to my elite squad because wood shields are overrated and the advantage small enough to be min-maxy.
PKs DF Mod!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: November 09, 2015, 12:47:44 pm »

Thanks, I can do that with a saved world, right?
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 268