Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Kaiju-COM  (Read 21486 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-COM
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2014, 05:03:01 am »

Place in the organization offered (view my turn for specifics).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:26:42 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2014, 06:42:19 am »

Semi-important question: Since one of the SF Platoons got destroyed by the Kaiju, I didn't have to pay them their salary right? Since they were dead at payday. That would leave me an additional 25CR to use during this month.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2014, 08:03:01 am »

I believe Nirur said somewhere that you still have to pay dead soldiers on the turn they die.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2014, 08:33:14 am »

Halberd

Construction:

Nothing.

Recruitment & Requisitions:

1 SF Platoon -50CR, -25CR/mo
10 General Scientists -100CR, -50CR/mo
10 General Engineers -100CR, -50CR/mo

Fire 20 Undergrads +20CR/mo

Spoiler: Hawk132's Halberd (click to show/hide)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2014, 09:08:44 am »

YES! BIOENGINEER! I'll offer you a salary of 30 CR per month, and begin saving up for a max level lab if you join F.A.F.N.I.R.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2014, 12:03:03 pm »

Tip of the day: Pilots looking for exciting work are not advised to join an anti-kaiju organization. Such work simply doesn't exist at this time.
We'll see about that.

Write me in into the "HERO" list.

Spoiler: Qualifications (click to show/hide)
SINCOM has some interest in aerospace technicians, but would like to hear more about your methods and aims.

My aim is to make you reach your goals, be it a passenger flight London-New York without a hitch or dropping 20000lb of explosives on some big motherfucker. As for methods - mostly 'repurposing' and upgrading of existing designs untill more viable methods and technologies surface themselves. Finding NEW and EXCITING ways (on which WE can profit) to bring death to YOUR enemies is MY job, that is, as long as the pay is right.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:09:33 pm by akkudakku »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2014, 04:15:53 pm »

Well now.

To make this easier for me to track, I'm adding the following rules:
1) The 7 main players are responsible for quoting their subordinates' actions in their turn posts (It'll probably be easier to get your turns in and then edit in the quotes).
2) Each organization is limited to two hero types at this time.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2014, 05:51:56 pm »

Both the joboffers are very tempting. And after a coin flip lady fortuna seems to be with F.A.F.N.I.R.

Johan Svensson join F.A.F.N.I.R

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2014, 04:12:39 pm »

Irony, I think you've forgotten to post your turn.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2014, 04:26:17 pm »

Tip of the day: Pilots looking for exciting work are not advised to join an anti-kaiju organization. Such work simply doesn't exist at this time.
We'll see about that.

Might as well hop in as a Hero. A pilot, if that's ok with Nirur Torir. Willing to be hired by any of the Companies, as long as the work is exciting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SINCOM has an opening for somebody stupid enough to take samples from live Kaiju in whatever we cobble together.

Raven is up for anything piloting related that isn't actually a suicide mission. So, taking samples is fine as long as we can manage to get a good plane/helicopter/drone up there. He's probably most comfortable with being the drop-off/extraction guy for whoever/whatever actually drops down onto the Kaiju to take the sample. Or he'd do it himself with a good jetpack/wingsuit set-up...

So, sure, if SINCOM will hire him Raven will take the position!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2014, 04:58:05 pm »

PTW
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2014, 05:02:25 pm »

Irony, I think you've forgotten to post your turn.
I have. Player hiring decisions confuse and intimidate me. I'll rectify that in a few minutes. >_>
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2014, 05:52:26 pm »

SINCOM

Construction
None

Hiring
Hire Raven (Meph) as a pilot. He can pilot the drones until we get him an actual fly-thing!
Hire Werner Rossum (Ensorceler) as a scientist or engineer thingy.
Hire one X-COM tier Engineer (-500CR, -100CR/M)

Sorry that took so long. Figuring out who I wanted to hire was really difficult. :<
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2014, 06:05:51 pm »

:'( ''I wasn't selected!!! I'll just go and lie down in a corner somewhere!!!'' (sniffles drift from the corner) ''I'm not crying!!''

Pity you had to choose, well I can only hope another will employ me.  :)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2014, 11:38:18 am »

Well, I shall cry in my room, then.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16