Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Kaiju-COM  (Read 21492 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-COM
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2014, 02:34:53 pm »

@Nirur Torir
Can 'HERO' characters still make actions even if not hired? :D
No. The idea is to give a small bonus to 'main' players in exchange for a bit of decentralization, while also adding limited audience participation. Letting everyone research on their own would add too much to what I need to track.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2014, 03:08:38 pm »

I'd like to sign up.  Please note that he is simply nuts.

Spoiler: Qualifications (click to show/hide)

I'm tired of living in the shadow of my more famous relatives, and instead of going into energy weapons, robots and magic, I build and customize vehicles.  Be warned, manical laughter is my constant companion.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2014, 04:27:20 pm »

Welp, I forgot about my sheet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2014, 12:50:03 pm »

Editted my character a little, nothing much though, just name and origin ;-)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2014, 01:06:02 pm »

Timmy Grant and the Kaiju Fighters are to be airlifted in with the assistance of military/goverment/whatever, and take the armored bus to a building from which they might set up their equipment and commence rocking out as loudly as they can. The 3 military units are to go with them and one military platoon is to rock out along side them while the other one and the special operations team stands guard.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »

Send out the Spec Ops battalion equipped with the two Deliverance guns, and the Elite Infantry Battalion. In order to get them there ask for transport from the American government. They are to set up a defensive position on the coast in the Kaiju's path, there orders are to slow and delay the beast until evacuation of the entire area is complete. Once the area is cleared they are to begin a retreating attack, they are to always remain out of range of the beast while keeping the attack going.
Hey boss! What the squid do you want me to do!?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2014, 04:25:10 pm »

Expect the turn today.

Hey boss! What the squid do you want me to do!?
Please wait for the next hiring phase to be hired.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2014, 04:39:41 pm »

Might as well hop in as a Hero. A pilot, if that's ok with Nirur Torir. Willing to be hired by any of the Companies, as long as the work is exciting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2014, 06:21:00 pm »

Tip of the day: Pilots looking for exciting work are not advised to join an anti-kaiju organization. Such work simply doesn't exist at this time.

Halberd forces leave their base within fifteen minutes, having their own transports but needing time to grab heavier weapons, and are the first to arrive. They touch down just before the giant turtle make landfall at Shanghai. One platoon takes their heavy anti-tank weapons and begin short-range recon, while the second takes the chinooks and helps the civilians evacuate.

Despite their efforts, the beast rampages for nearly two hours before more organizations start arriving. The valiant local forces managed to destroy its head in an impressive barrage, but it merely grow back. The shell is nearly inpenetrable, but seems to lack regeneration.

Most of the civilians have been evacuated by the time F.A.F.N.I.R. and Black Forge arrive to help with evacuations. They spread out, looking to retrieve straggelers.

Halberd, F.A.F.N.I.R., Black Forge, SINCOM, and NERV infantry fail to do much damage to it, and are only poorly linked with local forces, who only have marginally more success.

After another two hours of ineffective fighting, the Chinese government calls for all military forces to pull out immediately.

With all the chaos, Timmy Grant and the Kaiju fighters find themselves unable to get a flight in time, lacking their own airfield. HERALD, similarly, can't get the military to divert any transports to Antarctica.

The kaiju proves vulnerable to a high dose of nuclear fire.

Casualty list:
NERV: 1 SF platoon, 3 Inf platoons, all infantry/special forces morale down due to sucicide mission. Estimated 1 year for full recovery.
Halberd: 1 SF platoon
Misc minor damage to other platoons - Auto-charged for replacements.
Kaiju remains
Various local forces
Estimated 5 million civilians, in evacuation, battle, and immediate aftermath.
Estimated 50 million humans over 5 years from nuclear after-effects, including ecological
Shanghai an irradiated ruin

Your performances were deemed unsatisfactory. Be aware that, in the unlikely event that kaiju death-cults sprout up and then spread to take 40% of world governments, all anti-kaiju organizations will be terminated. Additionally, if the world's population ever falls below one billion humans, Earth's loss will be virtually garunteed.
Halberd has gained a token funding increase.
After careful review, no penalties to funding have been deemed necessary at this time.

Spoiler: Sarrak's HERALD (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Adwarf's Black Forge (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wwolin's F.A.F.N.I.R. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl's SINCOM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hawk132's Halberd (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Global Research (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Building Purchase List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personnel List (click to show/hide)

Turn 5, October 2014. Hiring and purchasing phase start.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2014, 06:25:56 pm »

Score one for humanity.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2014, 06:33:08 pm »

We'll need a bigger gun.

Will post turn in ~10h, when I wake up.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2014, 06:34:08 pm »

Black Forge
Build:
One Small Workshop (-200 CR)
One Living Quarters (-50 CR)

Recruitment:
Recruit 1 Superior Engineer (-150 CR, 25 Upkeep)
Hire GUNIN's hero

Book Keeping:
Credits: 460 CR - 400 CR = 60 CR
Income:  380 CR - 25 CR = 355 CR

Questions:
Could you include a world population or such somewhere so we can keep an eye on how terrible we're doing?
Will my workshop be complete this turn, and is the laboratory completed this turn as well?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:59:16 pm by adwarf »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2014, 06:45:27 pm »

Could you include a world population or such somewhere so we can keep an eye on how terrible we're doing?
Will my workshop be complete this turn, and is the laboratory completed this turn as well?
Yes, of course. I just don't feel like figuring it out just now.
If you've built it before now, it will be usable next phase. If you're buying it now, it will be usable in next month's R&D phase.
If you're recruiting GUNIN, please modify your post saying so, as well as how much you're paying, if anything.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2014, 06:56:18 pm »

I don't need money. Keep it for research.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2014, 06:58:41 pm »

Score one for humanity.

...WE NUKED A CITY TO RADIOACTIVE INHABITABLE ASHES AND LOST 5 MILLION PEOPLE

Timmy Grant and the Kaiju Fighters

Buildings:
Build 1 Small Airfield
Build 1 Hanger