Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1847336 times)

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #375 on: August 17, 2014, 06:27:24 pm »

I really, really like the pole options.

Also: Awsome how many bugs are getting squished. Does anybody know how much he has fixed, percentage wise?
233 bugs were fixed since 40.02. There are about 2400 unresolved bugs in the bug tracker... So 9%. But a lot of those are really old bugs that nobody's bothered to close.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:25:05 pm by King Mir »

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 17, 2014, 09:17:54 pm »

I am impressed ... some of these are quite long-standing bugs (items trapped in ice disappearing if the ice melts has been around since ... I can't even remember).  Keep up the good work!
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 17, 2014, 11:41:16 pm »

We also dont know how many older outstanding bugs, are no longer reliviant, as they've disappeared from the changes due to the last content update. There maybe few score more bugs that are gone too just from that.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 18, 2014, 02:33:36 am »

We also dont know how many older outstanding bugs, are no longer reliviant, as they've disappeared from the changes due to the last content update. There maybe few score more bugs that are gone too just from that.

There aren't many, most of the relevant ones were already identified and marked as fixed in 0.40.01. There are many, many "esoterical" bugs, that happens sometimes when all the conditions are just right (or wrong) and are very hard to reproduce.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 21, 2014, 02:18:26 am »

This might be a little strange here, but I have to ask.

"Adjusted projectile firing speed which became broken during wagon fix" was one of the recent patch notes.

I really would like to know how projectile firing speeds became broken due to fixing wagons.

I am baffled as to how the two things might be related.

On a side note, I can very easily imagine a dwarf muttering that they would "Fix your little red wagon" as they take aim aim at some elf.  So maybe there is a connection between wagons and projectiles after all!

*grin*
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 21, 2014, 08:03:21 am »

"Adjusted projectile firing speed which became broken during wagon fix" was one of the recent patch notes.

I really would like to know how projectile firing speeds became broken due to fixing wagons.

On a side note, I can very easily imagine a dwarf muttering that they would "Fix your little red wagon" as they take aim aim at some elf.  So maybe there is a connection between wagons and projectiles after all!

*grin*

I don't know the precise answer, but the wagon fix was "Removed some vestigial code stopping wagons from moving properly after move/attack speed split".  So the fix ended up affecting creature speeds in general.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 21, 2014, 11:44:51 pm »

*grin*

I don't know the precise answer, but the wagon fix was "Removed some vestigial code stopping wagons from moving properly after move/attack speed split".  So the fix ended up affecting creature speeds in general.

I know there is probably a perfectly valid reason for it, but it's also possible that there was something funny in there too!  I was imagining dwarven crossbow wielders loading wagons into crossbows in some circumstances or something :)
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 22, 2014, 12:07:45 am »

I was imagining dwarven crossbow wielders loading wagons into crossbows in some circumstances or something :)
This seems like a reasonable explanation for how embarking can drop wagons onto inaccessible roofs, pillars, and other strange formations.
"Load up the wagonbow, Urist! We have orders to settle a new land!"
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 23, 2014, 09:41:18 am »

•Made attacker always look at target upon initiating attack
How am I supposed to fight gorgons now??

Well, actually, in all seriousness, if you don't mind my asking: How did this make a difference? I thought vision mostly mattered for sneaking, and you can't attack someone you don't already see, so I'm having a hard time guessing what the impact of that bug was.
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 23, 2014, 09:56:53 am »

Do what Perseus did? lol

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 23, 2014, 04:26:25 pm »

How did this make a difference?
I bet it is related to at least some cases of victim not retaliating in reaction of attack from player.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 23, 2014, 07:50:23 pm »

Well, actually, in all seriousness, if you don't mind my asking: How did this make a difference? I thought vision mostly mattered for sneaking, and you can't attack someone you don't already see, so I'm having a hard time guessing what the impact of that bug was.

If you attack someone who cannot see you, sometimes they parry and strike back.  Toady essentially made it so that even if you had perfect concealment, you were visible to people who you attacked in melee, and if they attacked back, they see you.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 24, 2014, 12:26:38 pm »

How do you intend to get players in the medieval mindset?

If there's a cardinal sin of fantasy, it's how little insight you get into the genuine medieval and classical era, especially the life of the average person.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 24, 2014, 12:59:04 pm »

If you attack someone who cannot see you, sometimes they parry and strike back.  Toady essentially made it so that even if you had perfect concealment, you were visible to people who you attacked in melee, and if they attacked back, they see you.
Also that attacking creatures simply weren't always turning to face their target. Basically, you could backstab someone while they were attacking you... or attack someone while facing away.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

King Kravoka

« Reply #389 on: August 24, 2014, 03:32:00 pm »

When will you work on the ability to attack other sites?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 306