Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1849471 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #600 on: October 15, 2014, 11:26:05 am »

The trusty stepladder, i am sure, will become one of the most valueable tools of an adventurer. Atleast to get out of pits and plucking fruit. How does a stepladder work though? Is it furniture? Is it a tool (like a bag or bucket)?
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 15, 2014, 12:11:33 pm »

How does a stepladder work though? Is it furniture? Is it a tool (like a bag or bucket)?
I feel that the last dev log fully answered this - they are tools that get carried around.

I decided to go with a stepladder tool. Dwarves can build them, carry them around and climb up on them to access an extra 3x3x2 block of potential fruit above their heads
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 15, 2014, 02:46:39 pm »

You know, the sleeping army bug is probably holding up lots of post worldgen interactions, case in point, here's one which has had the army stuck sleeping at the departure point for almost FIVE MONTHS.

According to the questlog, it started Slate 20th, it's now Limestone 14th. I've checked, the army commander is there in the second tent to the east. I actually visited it months earlier and had to check legends on the location of the commander, then went to the site and there it was, just outside the forest retreat.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9926

They're also all civillians for some reason, but that's probably a different bug.

Going to use fire to kill them so that I don't get the kills associated with me and see what happens next with the invasion.

Edit: Dang buggy army, they respawned again, although I didn't kill all of them the first time.

Edit2: They respawned again even after giving them a magma bath via DFhack.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:23:51 pm by smjjames »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 15, 2014, 05:06:16 pm »

You know, the sleeping army bug is probably holding up lots of post worldgen interactions, case in point, here's one which has had the army stuck sleeping at the departure point for almost FIVE MONTHS.

According to the questlog, it started Slate 20th, it's now Limestone 14th. I've checked, the army commander is there in the second tent to the east. I actually visited it months earlier and had to check legends on the location of the commander, then went to the site and there it was, just outside the forest retreat.

They're also all civillians for some reason, but that's probably a different bug.

Going to use fire to kill them so that I don't get the kills associated with me and see what happens next with the invasion.

Edit: Dang buggy army, they respawned again, although I didn't kill all of them the first time.

Maybe this is why the invaders always win? :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 15, 2014, 06:32:50 pm »

Maybe this is why the invaders always win? :)

Maybe..... I did think of that too... Should we make it into a FotF question?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 15, 2014, 08:28:40 pm »

He's already answered that, I'm pretty sure...

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #606 on: October 16, 2014, 04:42:05 am »

Uh, guys, invaders winning is a missing feature, not a bug.

Basically, the game doesn't calculate the full conflict yet, it doesn't look at anything either side is carrying, their tactics, their leaders, etc. It just goes 'army a attack site b, army a is now in control of that site'.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 16, 2014, 01:37:53 pm »

Yeah, it's an intentional placeholder. Not sure where this "bug" meme came from.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 16, 2014, 02:05:34 pm »

Yeah, it's an intentional placeholder. Not sure where this "bug" meme came from.

Maybe because there's a bug report on it?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 16, 2014, 02:20:09 pm »

Maybe because there's a bug report on it?
Not as far as I know. The bug that you've linked to earlier describes a different possible bug that along with the placeholder of always winning causes a quick destruction of a civ, but it isn't the placeholder.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 16, 2014, 02:20:41 pm »

Also because in DF:

Bug == (Feature - GameBreakThreshhold); +/- Coefficient of Suspension of Disbelief

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 17, 2014, 02:10:32 am »

Toady has been very quiet these last weeks...

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 17, 2014, 02:17:30 am »

Him adding features tends to do that.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

PigtailLlama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 17, 2014, 08:17:29 am »

Once the stepladder is done, can wheelbarrows and minecarts get the same carrying capacity/stockpile moving treatment?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 17, 2014, 08:22:16 am »

Once the stepladder is done, can wheelbarrows and minecarts get the same carrying capacity/stockpile moving treatment?

What do you mean by that? I get the wheelbarrows part, but I thought minecarts already have a carrying capacity treatment?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 306