Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117206 times)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2014, 07:57:57 pm »

I am Christoph, a very charismatic an ambitious man. Try to get total control over the tribe.
"When there is activity on the land do not the buzzards gather!? Our tribe has just begun it's move to the east, exposing ourselves, and already there is a newcomer who has come to raise trouble! Do not be swayed by honeyed words, only stinging bees bring honey! We are given strength by our unity as a tribe; look how even those who fight to fly farther have a place within the order of the tribe. But the way of the newcomer means disorder and disunity! Focus on the journey ahead, not those who would cloud your vision and make you question the path agreed upon by the tribe."
Well, an a opponent I see. Now tell me something. Why is it you are doing the migration in the first place? To prevent starvation due to dwindling animals. And your grandkids will do the same in the area. Don't you see this path causes the problems it seeks out to prevent in the first place? And what will happen if we finally make a mistake and are unable to move from the place once the animals are gone. Or, even we another tribe and get into an dispute? Which would surely decimate our numbers, or even destroy us!!! There has got to be a change in our tradition of always moving when the deer, birds, or even the dreaded bear disappear! If one man controlled the tribe, it would bring more order to it. It would stop the bickering between the hunters, the shamans, and all of the others. I would use all of our resources to find out how to solve this issue! The mindless following of tradition clouds the vision more than anything else! Focusing on the short term will cause only stagnation and idiocy among the tribe. And what will happen if another tribe discover the solution first!!! It will be an advantage like no other. And like they say, high risk brings high rewards, and the honey is worth it in the end.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 08:01:33 pm by poketwo »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2014, 08:18:58 pm »

Conrak scratches his head, wondering what he could have possibly done with all his wood; usually he kept a supply of useful materials available in case he needed to make urgent repairs. He vaguely remembered having a brilliant idea sometime last night, after eating some delicious fruit which was perhaps a few days past its prime, but he could not recall what it was. Something about the young men dragging logs back to the tribe's encampment, and a young boy dragging two sticks...

"Ah!" Running behind his workspace, Conrak finds the project he had been working on; a mad jumble of sticks, hides, and long strands of plant fiber are strewn on the ground between two long poles. The poles ought to be handles; if Conrak can bind them together properly, and find a way to create a loose sort of basket between them, he knows he will have a new way to carry heavy loads long distances. Perhaps he will have better luck now that he is not drunk on spoiled fruit.

Conrak rigs a sledge from whatever materials he can lay hands on, to ease the carrying of game and the traveling of the tribe.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2014, 08:20:58 pm »

First Generation

Spoiler: Tribe and tribesmen (click to show/hide)

Epilogue of sorts and start of the Second Gen.
Second Generation chart.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:25:34 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2014, 08:27:17 pm »

-snip-

"Since before even the ancestors can remember, mankind has followed the food. In time, the plants will be gathered and the animals will all flee. We must follow them so we may eat and the plants may grow back, and the animals return, so that when our children's children return, they will be there. To stay is short-sighted and greedy, and leads only to starvation. Only the dead stay forever."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2014, 08:39:39 pm »

-snip-

"Since before even the ancestors can remember, mankind has followed the food. In time, the plants will be gathered and the animals will all flee. We must follow them so we may eat and the plants may grow back, and the animals return, so that when our children's children return, they will be there. To stay is short-sighted and greedy, and leads only to starvation. Only the dead stay forever."
The solution may not be staying in one place. I may find it out while still having migrations. I didn't say we should stop migration, but find out how to stop our current situation from happening again. It might be finding out some way to control where the animals move.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2014, 09:04:26 pm »

((So, who exactly is going on the expidition?))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2014, 09:18:16 pm »

What is with Plok, talking about revenge and being captured, spreading lies to get one killed, along with being a useless scout.

Go to Plok, and set him straight before he annoys me anymore
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2014, 09:18:38 pm »

((Thank you for the summary, Sarrak))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2014, 09:20:48 pm »

(( Thanks, good to know whose who :) ))
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Nunzillor

« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2014, 09:23:47 pm »

((Yeah, summary is super helpful))

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2014, 09:25:02 pm »

((Yup. Didn't notice, but it is helpful. I GOT FIRST BLOOD, SUCKAS!!!11!!!))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2014, 09:30:06 pm »

"Were you not following me in the first place, Chantututu? Anyways, we shall soon be legends, once we have what we need for our journey
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2014, 09:31:23 pm »

((Nothing was here.))

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2014, 09:31:33 pm »

Snip
Excellent summary although I would have mentioned that most of the tribe don't think much of clangbunk still very good work speaking of gatorfang what are this games rules for respawning is it just create a new character when you die
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2014, 09:48:49 pm »

((Awesome summary. Very helpful. Although I would like to point out that Tuktu is greatest warrior, not gratest. Unless we make war on cheese, at which point he will be greatest grater ever.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 77