Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117228 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2014, 09:59:12 pm »

((Awesome summary. Very helpful. Although I would like to point out that Tuktu is greatest warrior, not gratest. Unless we make war on cheese, at which point he will be greatest grater ever.))
((On this note, Kurgle, not Kurge, killed the heretic.))

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2014, 10:00:04 pm »

((Awesome summary. Very helpful. Although I would like to point out that Tuktu is greatest warrior, not gratest. Unless we make war on cheese, at which point he will be greatest grater ever.))

Nay the cheese shal be our alies the grater shal be where dissident cheeses are sent for punishment 30 seconds with the grater shall have most begging to be productive members of cheese society those that resit shal be slowly grated away with the fine grater until they are begging for death but by the time death comes they will have long since become a gibbering mess
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Nunzillor

« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2014, 10:10:31 pm »

"Were you not following me in the first place, Chantututu? Anyways, we shall soon be legends, once we have what we need for our journey

"Chantutu was going to fly away, and bring food for all to eat!  Chantutu part of legend, legend of proud Chantutu and others trying to get rid of Chantutu.  Chantutu never leave tribe, will fix tribe and make good!"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:19:03 pm by Nunzillor »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2014, 10:18:57 pm »

Kutuk stops Tuktu from attacking the outsider.

"Tuktu, cease your violence! He has a right to voice his opinion."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2014, 10:19:22 pm »

((Also, my character is female, though that has not come up yet.))

Well, an a opponent I see. Now tell me something. Why is it you are doing the migration in the first place? To prevent starvation due to dwindling animals. And your grandkids will do the same in the area. Don't you see this path causes the problems it seeks out to prevent in the first place? And what will happen if we finally make a mistake and are unable to move from the place once the animals are gone. Or, even we another tribe and get into an dispute? Which would surely decimate our numbers, or even destroy us!!! There has got to be a change in our tradition of always moving when the deer, birds, or even the dreaded bear disappear! If one man controlled the tribe, it would bring more order to it. It would stop the bickering between the hunters, the shamans, and all of the others. I would use all of our resources to find out how to solve this issue! The mindless following of tradition clouds the vision more than anything else! Focusing on the short term will cause only stagnation and idiocy among the tribe. And what will happen if another tribe discover the solution first!!! It will be an advantage like no other. And like they say, high risk brings high rewards, and the honey is worth it in the end.

The solution may not be staying in one place. I may find it out while still having migrations. I didn't say we should stop migration, but find out how to stop our current situation from happening again. It might be finding out some way to control where the animals move.

"Often the honey hides a poison! Brothers and sisters, I invite you to see the poison in these words. First the outsider says traveling is bad. The way of the herd is travel! Should the buffalo feast upon the grass on only one plain, tying their lives to it? No! The buffalo know that to travel brings new bounties of the earth! And upon their return the grass will have regrown! Listen brothers and sisters to the wisdom of the buffalo; it is our wisdom! And this traveler knows this too. Hear how he then says we must still migrate, see him turn his back on his past self.

He says to control where the animals move?! Who has claim over the movements of the beasts? I have been shaman of this tribe many years, and my mother before me. My grandmother led a great migration that brought new bounties. Never have I seen man narrate the way of the beast! The role of the shaman is to see where the game will go, not tell it where! Does the lioness wait and command the gazelle come to her?! No! The lioness finds the gazelle and chases it down! It goes where the prey is! Listen brothers and sisters to the wisdom of the lioness; it is our wisdom!

He says one man rules better?! What man knows better than multiple? This tribe has always listened to the wisdom of many elders. It has prospered because of this! One man may convert the wisdoms of the ancestors and be called a shaman, another may understand the workings of objects and be a thinker, another may know the trails of animals and be a hunter. What tribe would do away with a hunter so only a thinker could rule? Or a shaman? Do the hyena allow a single man to rule over themselves? No! The hyena have a group of women which determine the path of the pack! They do this so one's shortcomings do not endanger the pack! Listen brothers and sisters to the wisdom of the hyena; it is our wisdom!

He says risk brings reward?! Who is he to risk our tribe? He is not of us, not proven to us! If the fox was told by the vulture that it should risk its life, and in return it would be granted all the sweetmeats it desired, does the fox risk its life? No! It is cunning, and lives on by seeing the vulture's words for what they are, an attempt at a free meal. Listen brothers and sisters to the wisdom of the fox; it is our wisdom! This man wants nothing more than power over our tribe and the benefits it conveys. His words are as hollow as a vulture's caw."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:21:06 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2014, 10:55:11 pm »

((Also, my character is female, though that has not come up yet.))

Well, an a opponent I see. Now tell me something. Why is it you are doing the migration in the first place? To prevent starvation due to dwindling animals. And your grandkids will do the same in the area. Don't you see this path causes the problems it seeks out to prevent in the first place? And what will happen if we finally make a mistake and are unable to move from the place once the animals are gone. Or, even we another tribe and get into an dispute? Which would surely decimate our numbers, or even destroy us!!! There has got to be a change in our tradition of always moving when the deer, birds, or even the dreaded bear disappear! If one man controlled the tribe, it would bring more order to it. It would stop the bickering between the hunters, the shamans, and all of the others. I would use all of our resources to find out how to solve this issue! The mindless following of tradition clouds the vision more than anything else! Focusing on the short term will cause only stagnation and idiocy among the tribe. And what will happen if another tribe discover the solution first!!! It will be an advantage like no other. And like they say, high risk brings high rewards, and the honey is worth it in the end.

The solution may not be staying in one place. I may find it out while still having migrations. I didn't say we should stop migration, but find out how to stop our current situation from happening again. It might be finding out some way to control where the animals move.

"Often the honey hides a poison! Brothers and sisters, I invite you to see the poison in these words. First the outsider says traveling is bad. The way of the herd is travel! Should the buffalo feast upon the grass on only one plain, tying their lives to it? No! The buffalo know that to travel brings new bounties of the earth! And upon their return the grass will have regrown! Listen brothers and sisters to the wisdom of the buffalo; it is our wisdom! And this traveler knows this too. Hear how he then says we must still migrate, see him turn his back on his past self.

He says to control where the animals move?! Who has claim over the movements of the beasts? I have been shaman of this tribe many years, and my mother before me. My grandmother led a great migration that brought new bounties. Never have I seen man narrate the way of the beast! The role of the shaman is to see where the game will go, not tell it where! Does the lioness wait and command the gazelle come to her?! No! The lioness finds the gazelle and chases it down! It goes where the prey is! Listen brothers and sisters to the wisdom of the lioness; it is our wisdom!

He says one man rules better?! What man knows better than multiple? This tribe has always listened to the wisdom of many elders. It has prospered because of this! One man may convert the wisdoms of the ancestors and be called a shaman, another may understand the workings of objects and be a thinker, another may know the trails of animals and be a hunter. What tribe would do away with a hunter so only a thinker could rule? Or a shaman? Do the hyena allow a single man to rule over themselves? No! The hyena have a group of women which determine the path of the pack! They do this so one's shortcomings do not endanger the pack! Listen brothers and sisters to the wisdom of the hyena; it is our wisdom!

He says risk brings reward?! Who is he to risk our tribe? He is not of us, not proven to us! If the fox was told by the vulture that it should risk its life, and in return it would be granted all the sweetmeats it desired, does the fox risk its life? No! It is cunning, and lives on by seeing the vulture's words for what they are, an attempt at a free meal. Listen brothers and sisters to the wisdom of the fox; it is our wisdom! This man wants nothing more than power over our tribe and the benefits it conveys. His words are as hollow as a vulture's caw."

"What use is wisdom, when it is out of date? When it bounds man to one thing, not trying out new things! Don't listen to the trappings of this shaman, for she likes the old order. She benefits from deciding the tribe's destiny in where to migrate!! Also I see what you are up to women, deceiving and such. You are ignorant that I have been taught by the greatest speakers in this age!!! But it does not mean that I know anything else, other than leadership. What right does it give for me to rule, but not listen to the experts? In a government ruled by many, there opinions and comfort in their superiority make them think that the other would be wrong!!! Do you know who has the biggest ones of them all? Women. The female is more emotional than the male. I know this for a fact due to my experiences with them!!! Because of this, they think that what they think is right is right more often. Why do we use men for fishing, hunting, and crafting? Because they don't rely on opinion. They don't say 'I know the deer is going to turn that way, no matter what!' or 'This rock will fit nicely with this bow!' The male says  'The deer would turn this way if I hit near it, but if I miss, the deer would go this way.' Or 'The bow needs to be as light as possible to bring up quicker when a hunter sees an animal, and we need the rocks for sharpening.' Also, when another fox takes up the offer, it not only gets the sweetmeats, and even if the vulture tries to take it all for itself, the other fox chases off the vulture and gets it back to its family. And the vulture starves. She didn't even see where the animal went!!! it was the scout that went east!!! Do not trust what this women says, except maybe spiritual matters. But none else!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:57:29 pm by poketwo »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2014, 10:59:10 pm »

"Outsider, from a purely neutral, arbitrator viewpoint, the shaman is winning. Quite frankly, in the battle of rhetoric, you aren't giving enough evidence."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2014, 11:01:01 pm »

I choose a bad time to go out I'm going to be so confused when I get back

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2014, 11:01:38 pm »

"Not to mention you're a random stranger that wandered into our council."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2014, 11:03:40 pm »

" Quiet you! How dare you insult our shamen, you filth! Who are you?! Youve only just came, and already you insult us! Choose your words wisely, or nothing but food in our bellies, and grit in our paint, you shall be! Quiet yourself, and leave!"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2014, 11:05:03 pm »

"Let the outsider speak."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2014, 11:09:07 pm »

Snip
Hm I fell as if this is overextending your role as toolmaker on the other hand rivalry about what is better the sled or clangbunks eventual wagon will be interesting also on that note have we at least figured out the wheel yet

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2014, 11:09:31 pm »

"Outsider, from a purely neutral, arbitrator viewpoint, the shaman is winning. Quite frankly, in the battle of rhetoric, you aren't giving enough evidence."
"What evidence does she have? Only the evidence of stories that SHE told you. And also of me being a person you do not trust!!! And also, that ambition stuff??? That is how an rival tribe destroyed my own!!! If you want context, just ask."

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2014, 11:35:04 pm »

i have the oddest feeling this spawn is basically guaranteed death

REROLL

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2014, 11:36:30 pm »

"What evidence does she have? Only the evidence of stories that SHE told you. And also of me being a person you do not trust!!! And also, that ambition stuff??? That is how an rival tribe destroyed my own!!! If you want context, just ask."
"We have our own experience to back up what she says. I am even older than her, and many here are almost as old. We have all seen this for ourselves. Even those half as old as us. You, on the other hand, have only your word."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 77