Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 116924 times)

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #450 on: July 25, 2014, 11:36:02 pm »

"They have not. Perhaps you are wrong and they will curse you for interfering in our traditions."
I leave you alone if you leave to alone,Treaty of sorts if you will

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 25, 2014, 11:39:49 pm »

"Good. Stay out of my way and we shouldn't have a problem."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 26, 2014, 01:04:47 am »

Try to convince people that we should go back to the forest, and it was stupid not staying there. If we don't reach it in 2 weeks, go off on my own to find it.
((Lets let this turn be rolled, there's a veritable forest of posts leading back to the last one. Then we'll all get together and make decisions. If we try to do it now we'll have several bolded statements per character and it will make a mess for Harry and ourselves.))
((Edited.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 26, 2014, 01:42:55 am »

DEFEND AGAINST THE INVADING WAR PARTY

[6] Somehow, you manage to rally the tribe and organize a defense - every man, woman and ambulatory child is enlisted, and through this you outnumber the invaders - you lead the charge, and violent conflict ensues - eventually the corpses of many of your tribe litter the field, layered atop the bodies of the invaders, who you eventually manage to kill the entire number of. The cost to your tribe has been high, however, as almost all of your warriors are dead now, as well as a good number of your gatherers and fishermen, to say nothing of the children.

Try to make a mor basic version using hollowed out tree halves with small holes in them. Have Tuypogina lead an investigation as to who stole the water.
"I think the idiot smells funny."

[2] You have no wood, and Tuypogina seems busy awkwardly flirting with foreigners.

Rest and recover to usefulness.

"Arlia, we must speak. I feel it may not be wise to continue in the current direction in the tribe's current state."

[2] You try to recover, but get no better - your old bones ache, and you begin to more acutely perceive your fragility with every day. Your wounds linger, and you feel that even if you recover, you will probably not be as mobile as you used to be ever again.

Chantutututu was caught between a rock and a hard place.  Did he help the tribe that he always wanted to be a true part of, or the one person that understood him and sort of liked him?  In the end, he chose a third option: blame the foreigners!

Chantutututu will get everyone's attention, then explain that he saw strangers in the night make off with the tribe's water source.  Hopefully people believe him.

[3] They find the accusation believable, though not entirely pertinent to the situation at hand, and a little odd that you bring it up like this. But it sounds reasonable, yes.

Walk to Healer, See if healer has dead to bury if not Silent leave and pray to death gods in my place

The healer seems to have no dead to bury, though a certain old man does seem closer to perishing than most.

Leave the tribe,I can move much faster then them,and they are just a bunch of foolish idiots.

[5] You move out eastward, knowing that there has to be something out there. Swiftly you move, for several weeks you travel, until finally you reach something of interest - waters, a lot of them. A branching set of small rivers which take a while to explore fully, and which turn out to originate from one much larger river - possibly the grand river of Haphan's tales? He may not have been lying entirely, you suspect. On the other side of the river's mouth is the sea. You have never seen the sea before, and find its sheer size and flatness more than a little frightening.

The place you have found, you believe, may be an ideal place for the tribe to settle. The land of milk and honey, so to speak.

WATER

GET WATER
TO THE RIVER

THEN I CAN FIGURE OUT MY NEXT MOVE

[6] You find your way to the river, somehow surviving for the entire trek, and spend the next week or so there, trying to figure out your next move and gathering your strength for a coming journey - the obvious choice would be to follow the tribe, but you are not one to take an obvious choice when a perfectly interesting alternative exists. It is why you are a scout. You could just follow the river instead, so this is what you do, heading southward along the slow river for a few weeks, utilizing the raft so generously left out there to save yourself some walking. You wonder why your tribesmen don't seem to have thought of this, considering the generally good signs you appear to be encountering this way - woods, animals, free water and more. Instead they saw fit to head right into the heart of darkness itself, the badlands.

well shit why must romance always get in the way of survival

talk to the reaper and learn more about him become friends

also i declare the reaper my new love interest

[2] You are unable to communicate in any meaningful fashion, and you get the feeling he does not like you much. Then again, that might be because the gesture for shooing someone away is more universal than most. The foreigner remains a mystery, and impervious to your flirtations.

((I don't like this Reaper. He took my warpaint material. That's how you get killed and made into warpaint.))

Try to find out if the child snatchers were part of a larger group by checking out the area where I found and killed them. See if any blood - soaked dirt is left in that area for more warpaint.

[4] Wandering out, you become acutely aware that the silence in the plains is assuredly not natural - you are almost certain there are more of them out there. After all, they did come from a tribe of some kind. But where this tribe comes from is a more curious question - they could not be living out in the plains. That leaves only few possibilities, the most likely of which is that they have been following the tribe for some time. But what their real purpose is, you can only begin to guess - seems like intimidation at first glance, but then why would they steal children and skulk about when they could just as easily simply ambush you, given that you're moving around in unfamiliar territory?

[5] At any rate, the blood-soaked dirt provides you with adequate warpaint materials - the skulking tribe will know to fear you, for you come draped in the blood you have spilled from their numbers.

You notice that the foreigner appears to be having some sort of problem with you, though you are unsure what it is - he seems to disdain you for some reason, and disrespect your ways, which you find to be very much in poor taste, given the critical nature of your position and the vital necessity for safeguarding the tribe.

((I don't like this Reaper. He took my warpaint material. That's how you get killed and made into warpaint.))

Try to find out if the child snatchers were part of a larger group by checking out the area where I found and killed them. See if any blood - soaked dirt is left in that area for more warpaint.

I forget that one hunter want to horrbile thing to dead, I try explain to him, The spirits of dead something not trifle with

This Body Paint come from dead, It unholy thing to do the dead, will enrage the spirits

[1] You believe your attempts to explain Tuktu's folly were misconstrued as aggression by him, judging from the way he looks at you during the explanation and afterwards. You are beginning to seriously doubt that any of the tribe will ever understand you.

One last attempt to find better land, then we settle in.

[6] You make one last great push, urging the tribe to move double-time from dawn till late at night, irrespective of what their state may be right now - though the decision is not exactly popular, the tribe follows your directives out of respect. The path ahead for the next few weeks is tough, not least of all because your supplies of drink have nearly run out. On the last leg of the journey, many of the tribe experience acute thirst, and some of the weaker tribesmen expire along the way from thirst or exhaustion, but you urge the tribe feverishly to keep moving even after they begin to mistrust your enthusiasm.

Eventually, however, you prove them wrong. You prove them all wrong to ever not put their trust in you, as you reach the delta of the grand river out by the sea, your travels having sent you across a vast distance. There is water here, and animals, and woods, and all the things the others doubted you would ever find. The dark days are finally over.

Search some more, then go to the river and get a drink, then return to the tribe.

The search party tells the shaman of Nth's search continuing after they get to the tribe

[1] As you wander through the badlands westward, you become confused as the river is still nowhere in sight - surely you would have reached it by now, at the rate you are going. You are beginning to suspect you have taken a wrong turn somewhere, as the directions were solid.

If we don't reach the forest in 2 weeks after the discussions, go off on my own to find it. Continue hunting, mainly.

The shaman brooks no discussion now in a fit of assertiveness, and so you continue hunting.

[2] Unfortunately, large animals remain as absent as ever. Tuktu believes this to be unnatural, and you tend to agree. On the other hand, the tribe reaches a destination of sorts, which would gladden you much more had it not come at the cost of several lives.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 26, 2014, 02:03:33 am »

Fuck yes salvation
Give up on a romantic relationship with the reaper try to learn the reapers way of speaking and teach him ours
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 26, 2014, 02:08:31 am »

"The sea... by the spirits, it has been so long."

Teach the younger fishermen of the sea.

In my time of recovery, reflect on those we have lost, including my children from so long ago.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 26, 2014, 02:08:56 am »

Fuck yes salvation
Give up on a romantic relationship with the reaper try to learn the reapers way of speaking and teach him ours
Do same,I do need explain people what do now because now that give some look that don't like

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 26, 2014, 02:18:33 am »

Fuck yes salvation
Do same,I do need explain people what do now because now that give some look that don't like

i just realised something your way of speaking isent in character you just have a poor grasp of the English language luckily this forum is well known for helping people improve there English

sadly your character has already been established as a bad speaker
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 02:23:43 am by tuypo1 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 26, 2014, 02:21:01 am »

>_>

* Yoink witholds comment.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 26, 2014, 02:29:45 am »

Tuktu looks for signs to see if the skulking tribe has followed us.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 26, 2014, 02:50:16 am »

"I'm glad that this is finally over and praise Hatika - he remained optimistic and adamant despite my close call to crumbling. Indeed, this is not the land I spoke of - it remained to the north of us, the flow of the river making it impossible to reach from our position. But, enough of this. I' Haphan, the proud scout of the tribe, will make sure to discover the painted natives and their plans on us!

Investigate the origins of strange child-stealing natives.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

blazing glory

« Reply #461 on: July 26, 2014, 03:20:17 am »

Gather some water and try to make a tent.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 26, 2014, 06:07:05 am »

First, look at the berries that I have put in the ground

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 26, 2014, 08:50:03 am »

"Tribesmen and women! The road was challenging but you persevered! Truly the strength of our ancestors was with us! Now we must all discuss this new place, the hope it holds ,and the things we have learned. It would be a poor thing to loose the wisdom gathered on this trip. I invite all among us to come and speak of what problems still remain, what ideas they have, what wisdom they have gained."

((If we all show up and dialogue a little everyone can be brought up to speed on the important bits of everyone else's adventures.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 26, 2014, 08:56:50 am »

we must get rid of this alcohol it has caused nothing but trouble also we must develop new uses for the newly invented wheel
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:05:57 am by tuypo1 »

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 77