Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 116949 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #765 on: August 08, 2014, 03:34:23 am »

Upon hearing the news of a hostile warparty gathering,offer to lay traps for them and to assist in the battle that will follow.

Rest for the day.

Check out the status of the tribe,how's it doing on food? Or medicine?

[3] Your tribe is perfectly good on food, though medicine supplies could be better.

Scout out the movement of the tribe. At nightfall, destroy all supplies and foof they have, then return to scouting

[5] As you scout out the movements of the tribe, you realize that they've noticed you, and have a plan similar to yours! Except it involves your deaths! You meet them on the field of battle at night, ready for combat!

[5] The fight that follows is far from decisive, and while you injure a few of their women and they injure a few of your warriors, that is all that happens before both sides agree that they must withdraw, or else this could turn disastrous for both sides.

LERKA IS SOMEWHAT IRRITATED. SHE NEEDS A BETTER PLAN.
SHE GROWS TIRED OF HIDING AND WATCHING THIS TRIBE OF PRIMITIVES BLUNDER ABOUT

>PACK SOME FOOD AND CAUTIOUSLY LEAVE MY HIDING PLACE AND SCOUT AROUND THE AREA, LOOKING EITHER FOR IDEAL PLACES TO SET UP A SAFER, MORE LONG-TERM CAMP, USEFUL RESOURCES, OR OTHER TRIBES NEARBY.

>BE WARY OF ANYONE I ENCOUNTER, TRY NOT TO LET THEM SEE ME BEFORE I HAVE A CHANCE TO DETERMINE HOW BIG A THREAT THEY MIGHT POSE

[3] You wander off into the deeper woods, but find them scarce in resources and very rich in traps - you only narrowly manage to avoid encounters with the delta tribe's hunters in the process. Right now you feel more than a little exposed.

AT NIGHT, GO AND KILL THE RIVAL WAR PARTY WHILE THEY ARE IN THE VULNRABLE SLEEP

[5] At night, they seem to be wide awake and ready to invade your camp for supplies - the fight that follows is indecisive, and does not even have any dead, though there are certainly some injured on both sides, mostly overzealous women on your side and the junior warriors on the other, but neither side is diminished before the battle is fought to a standstill, and both sides withdraw.

pretend to give up get some alcohol and tell conrak im taking it to his stash as a gesture of surrender once im there set the stash on fire but set it up with a delay so it will Ignite in a few hours he will never know it was me

[6] You manage to quite easily gain Conrak's trust by lying that you just wanted some of the fermented juice for yourself, but now are prepared to make a peace offering of a gourd filled with some of the nicer juice available - he lets you into one of his auxiliary stashes. You rub your hands as you examine the gourds available.

[2] You can't, however, figure out how a delayed ignition would work - a quick check informs you that the alcohol is not, in fact, flammable. At least not to any significant degree.

Chantutututu searches for any interesting non-weapons the captured foreigners may have left behind.

[2] Sadly, whatever artifacts the foreigners may have left have been reappropriated fully by now.

Try to determine what interests the members of my circle and tell stories which relate.

[2] It seems that they are most interested in getting back to work, and you don't really have good stories about that. In fact, most of the good ones involve people not going back to work when they should, and you believe this may conflict with your own interests.

Gather other people to help with this act of great strife.

[1] After you explain your plan to a few people, the entire tribe begins to keep their distance from you and give you dubious looks as you pass them. Well, except Lanku. She still believes in the power of the conflagration.

Kutuk tries to heal himself, while recording the exact symptoms of the disease.

[4] You instruct other people how exactly to help you with your fever and cough while you rest, and soon you begin to recover - it seems that this disease ravages the body if left untreated, starting from the lungs and moving on to the rest of the body, stealing one's breath and awakening a fire within them that burns the insides over time. You are not sure if the disease is lethal - there have been no fatalities yet, after all, but that was with appropriate treatment.

Tuktu tries to teach himself how to fight using the blades while in his tent...unless they are actual blades without a hilt or safe grip. If that is the case, he will try to find a crafter to make a hilt for them. Then, he goes for a walk around the perimeter of the tribe to make sure it is safe. After his walk, he checks to make sure the tribe has enough food.

[1] You manage to slice yourself in the leg most embarrassingly through a slip of the wrist, and retreat to your tent so that nobody can observe your shameful injury for the rest of the day.

[5] Fortunately, you're a tough sort, and after you bandage the wound you are sure it will heal within a few days. You decide to hide your wound by cutting a hole fit for your head in a cured hide you have available, and thus invent the chief's regalia, which you adorn with patterns made with your very own special warpaint. A work of genius, you believe. And also quite impressive-looking!

Approve of their wit and make the trade. Take goat with me onwards. Check the goat for it's gender, as I may not slaughter it if it is a female, and would use it for fresh milk supply instead to keep me hydrated on my travel.

[6] You move along with the kid, finding that it does indeed seem to be a female. With this knowledge, you move onward along the plains, and it is not long before you encounter another, similar nomadic village. They also seem to raise goats, and once they see yours, they appear very impressed, as white goats are seemingly quite rare among their herd.

Meet the other tribespeople with me. Continue south.

[6] You find that the other tribespeople with you are all fairly ambitious youngsters, and no strangers to hard labor - it is thanks to them that you have gotten this far, you realize. Their names are Nikkut, Hiphi, Gettran, Kalphan, Efrun and Trull, and you get to know each of them reasonably well in the days to come as you row and sing appropriate songs to keep the rhythm. Eventually, your efforts bear fruit, as you observe another river mouth, at a distance that likely would take months to cross on foot. It appears rather inhabited as well, similarly to your own delta.

I decide to refill my water skin, and continue to follow the old man. The field promises a stable land

[6] In the weeks to come, the plains still do not end, but you do come across an interesting thing - a cairn of some sort, but altogether much more massive than any cairn you have seen before, built in the middle of a river, jutting out from its bed. The size of a house, it is. The old man, for his part, appears to be as unfamiliar with it as you are, and both of you stand there for a bit, looking at it. You wonder if this is a temple of some kind.

Perhaps, carefully observing woman and talking to them could reveal some information?

[4] You decide to carefully observe women before attempting to court them, and then, as you find several likely candidates - a gatherer named Tivla, a young woman seemingly aspiring to be a huntress named Verta, and one of the shaman's daughters who's only slightly older than you named Pallia - and speaking to them, you find each to be quite pleasant, although Tivla's a little slow on the uptake, Verta seems a tad overly enthusiastic about hunting to the extent that it's mostly the only thing she talks about, and Pallia seems a little bit morbid in her manner at times.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 08, 2014, 03:50:31 am »

non flammable alcohol that’s odd but ok

study the tripwires layout so that i may sneak in tomorrow and dispose of the alcohol quietly
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 08, 2014, 04:53:44 am »

Low actual alcohol percentage in the beverage, it seems.

After a day of indecisiveness, Haphan choses to court Pallia - being a daughter of Arlia, she is much more valuable mate in the perspective. As for slight morbidness... It must be expected from one raised amongst spirits.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 08, 2014, 04:59:11 am »

After a day of indecisiveness, Haphan choses to court Pallia - being a daughter of Arlia, she is much more valuable mate in the perspective. As for slight morbidness... It must be expected from one raised amongst spirits.
that must be it yes low alcohol content

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 08, 2014, 05:07:08 am »

you know with the sheer amount of in character discussion in this rtd it probably deserves its on tv tropes page it certainty has enough variety to fill a page of tropes

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 08, 2014, 07:08:20 am »

Take one of the villagers who treated me as an apprentice, for I am a weak old man and one day, these diseases will kill me.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

blazing glory

« Reply #771 on: August 08, 2014, 07:24:55 am »

Go off to one of the neighboring friendly tribes and arrange trade,offering food for medicinal herbs and supplies.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 08, 2014, 08:10:29 am »

Preside over this marriage and give the blessings of the spirits.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 08, 2014, 08:50:14 am »

Prepare for battle, while seeing if we could make peace with the invaders without giving them our women

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 08, 2014, 08:52:06 am »

jeez they just started courting and you want to do the marriage already

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 08, 2014, 09:36:25 am »

jeez they just started courting and you want to do the marriage already
Arlia is losing connection to the tribe, and desperate to solidify social relationships between her and tribe members.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 08, 2014, 10:05:11 am »

DAMN.

RETURN TO MY HIDING PLACE.

SET UP A NON-LETHAL HUMAN TRAP A SHORT DISTANCE AWAY, IN AN AREA WHERE A HUNTER WOULD BE LIKELY TO TRAVEL. IF I CAN TRAP SOMEONE, DISARM THEM AND CAUTIOUSLY QUESTION THEM ABOUT THE SURROUNDING AREAS- ANYWHERE THAT WOULD BE A MORE LIKELY SPOT FOR ME TO LIVE- BEFORE FREEING THEM.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 08, 2014, 11:01:01 am »

Who needs them? I've got an apprentice and a small uninhabited island. Let's do this!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 08, 2014, 11:16:22 am »

Continue past them, due to our hostile experiences with other tribes. Be on the lookout for islands.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 08, 2014, 11:17:18 am »

Offer to trade them the white goat for a set of valuables and good equipment/weaponry.

The goat is useful, but not something I want to have to drag into the Great Northern Desert.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 77