Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117219 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #1020 on: August 24, 2014, 06:42:54 am »

(Sounds like a good deal to me.)
The main things I want to do is make the Heads strong again, tame and control the beasts that live here, hopefully recreate a union which appreciates us, and properly colonize the oasis we live in.

(At what age would we be at, bronze age, iron age?)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 24, 2014, 06:47:44 am »

The former shaman's apprentice lead a revolution of agriculture. No, not in the style of the American revolution, but the style of the industrial one. After finding the best plants to farm (via the guidelines of Guns, Germs and steel), he did just that, farm. He picked the best plants of his farm and planted the seeds that they grew. After seeing how successful that was, some of the former fisher tribe soon started other farms. Soon, farming was in full swing, and all the benefits that can be accessed at this stage were there. Grithclock was soon known to the 2 tribe union to be the god of agriculture (or what-other name) ((is this good?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 24, 2014, 07:02:40 am »

(At what age would we be at, bronze age, iron age?)

The Heads probably wouldn't, since this sort of development is a bit unlikely in circumstances such as yours. It's most likely for the First Tribe, since Chantututututu already knows the basics of prospecting, and farming seems to also be gotten down pat there, or will be in a bit of time.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 24, 2014, 07:38:58 am »

((What alcohol will be there? Will Meshok be a hero for every person in the world for inventing alcohol? How many times Matikira's corpse has been spit on!? So many questions, so little time!))

Dukud throughout the years became the deadliest fighter on the lone praire, and only because of his invention, the lasso. The Praire Dweller (his legendary name) then married a farmer woman who gave him a son. And many years later, when he got old, he gave his son his lasso. This became the tradition of this family, father giving his son a lasso on his deathbed. The family grew, living in the desert, occasionally going to other cities and tribes for trade. But as years flew by, there wasn't any man able enough to become the head of the group. And to top it all off, a disaster struck. Ocut, a grand grandchild of Dukud, lost his mother, two sisters and brother in a raid of an undisclosed group. In pursuit of revenge, he became...
Tuco!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 24, 2014, 09:28:23 am »

Arlia becomes progressively more bitter and withdrawn, blaming all of the tribes woes on the din-nehru. Eventually she is treated as a deranged old woman, rather than the wise elder she once was, and people ignore her ramblings.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 24, 2014, 09:39:10 am »

Yun continues his duties as healer, healing everyone, even the din-nehru. He also constantly works against the mistreatment of the din-nehru, harboring a deep grudge for those who enslaved them in the first place.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 24, 2014, 09:40:55 am »

Bronn, for the remainder if his days, will train to his physical peak, and search the world for great wealths. He'll never love again, as he feels his sister had been taken away, and his family did nothing to help her.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 24, 2014, 09:56:17 am »

Gonjabet Uthon transverses the Northern Nation in despair and destitute, never managing to pick up solid work again, nor getting any success in popularizing his story. On the last day of his life, during the Crescent Moon Celebration, he stores his Stone Tablet in the Great Archive, (a proto-library that preserves important records) in hopes that someone will read all of it someday. When the celebrations are in full swing, he climbs to the top of the Great Archive and stands on the edge of the roof, looking down at the roughly 25-meter drop. He jumps.

In the coming generations, the Northern Nation expands and prospers. Science and technology lead to the beginning of the Iron Age, with Blacksmithing, Agriculture, and Transportation being some of the main fields profiting from the development. A group of scholars, after having way too much to drink one night, accidentally conceive Algebra.

While this is all great, the negative developments come in the rapid expansion of population, with the number of Executive Council members swell from 8 to 14.  With this sudden surge in numbers and overall influence, the Executives have begun taking some of the Despot's power, especially with a chain of less capable Despots that had trouble checking the power of the Council. Sure, the Despot still controls much of society, but the Executives have their hands on many economic, cultural and educational aspects. Executives, through the usage of influence and wealth, have begun hiring private armies, bodyguards, spies and assassins. Fighting is not uncommon among the Executives as they wage either explicit or covert warfare against the current Despot, the bourgeoisie whenever they get too strong for the Council's comfort, or most often, rival Executives. This political instability has in turn allowed crime to spike. As the elected Council obtains more power, they form a sort of primitive Parliamentary organization.

Notably, the population of white goats has swelled to the thousands.

In this era of discovery and chaos, a rich, educated Explorer titled Sango Isthbat has acquired a crew and a ship, and aims to set sail and discover new lands beyond what any of his predecessor had found.   
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 24, 2014, 10:01:38 am »

Gonjabet Uthon transverses the Northern Nation in despair and destitute, never managing to pick up solid work again, nor getting any success in popularizing his story. On the last day of his life, during the Crescent Moon Celebration, he stores his Stone Tablet in the Great Archive, (a proto-library that preserves important records) in hopes that someone will read all of it someday. When the celebrations are in full swing, he climbs to the top of the Great Archive and stands on the edge of the roof, looking down at the roughly 25-meter drop. He jumps.

In the coming generations, the Northern Nation expands and prospers. Science and technology lead to the beginning of the Iron Age, with Blacksmithing, Agriculture, and Transportation being some of the main fields profiting from the development. A group of scholars, after having way too much to drink one night, accidentally conceive Algebra.

While this is all great, the negative developments come in the rapid expansion of population, with the number of Executive Council members swell from 8 to 14.  With this sudden surge in numbers and overall influence, the Executives have begun taking some of the Despot's power, especially with a chain of less capable Despots that had trouble checking the power of the Council. Sure, the Despot still controls much of society, but the Executives have their hands on many economic, cultural and educational aspects. Executives, through the usage of influence and wealth, have begun hiring private armies, bodyguards, spies and assassins. Fighting is not uncommon among the Executives as they wage either explicit or covert warfare against the current Despot, the bourgeoisie whenever they get too strong for the Council's comfort, or most often, rival Executives. This political instability has in turn allowed crime to spike. As the elected Council obtains more power, they form a sort of primitive Parliamentary organization.

Notably, the population of white goats has swelled to the thousands.

In this era of discovery and chaos, a rich, educated Explorer titled Sango Isthbat has acquired a crew and a ship, and aims to set sail and discover new lands beyond what any of his predecessor had found.   

i hope that one day a historian digging up an ancient ruin will discover the tablet intact and his story will be known
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 24, 2014, 10:07:12 am »

I think, the most important characters at the ending moment were:

- Tuktu. The very meaning under the word "badass", he truly holds the First tribe in his hands with the help of both his spiritual and technological advisors and can do anything he wants with surrounding tribes of din-nehru.
- Conrak. Though he has not invented anything recently and was overshadowed by din-nehru technologies, he is truly the greatest inventor and his tripwires, sledges and intricate weapons would help tribe to progress further.
- Lanku & Chantututu. This duo is rather eccentric, but terrifyingly effective. Farming, metallurgy, information gathering... If they would be constantly provided with something to distract their mischievous personalities...
- Nameless chief of the Fisher Tribe. Because of him, situation in the north dramatically changed and now Union possess a decent base for further improvement.

Others, while having their moments of triumph and downfalls, won't leave the same mark in the ages to come. Apart from Gonjabet, if his tablet would be discovered one day in the future.

If he won't be rescued, Haphan would spend some time as a prisoner, to ultimately escape and return to his tribe once again. Not one to settle down, he would take several more dangerous expeditions, finding more wonders of nature and meeting different people. He won't die on his deathbed, for sure. If you're feeling generous, allow him to grow old and wiry. Then, he would go on the last trip together with equally old Pallia - never to come back... Who knows where his restless bones would finally find a place to settle down?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 10:09:50 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 24, 2014, 10:12:02 am »

-snip-
What about alcohol!? It was Meshok's invention, and was very popular afterwards!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 24, 2014, 10:13:42 am »

-snip-
What about alcohol!? It was Meshok's invention, and was very popular afterwards!
and im sure i must have invented some effective torture techniques the survivers must have told somebody about them

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 24, 2014, 10:32:57 am »

-snip-
and im sure i must have invented some effective torture techniques the survivers must have told somebody about them
You know? Alcohol is detrimental to the progress (proved by Conrak). Also... Sadly, only a few tribesmen remember your face after all those beverages.

They were too horrifying to exist in the first place. Also, Chantutu proved that information could be extracted by much less violent methods. He survived - and that confirms that his strategy is viable.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 24, 2014, 10:39:32 am »

-but alcohol! Alcohol is love, alcohol is life!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 24, 2014, 10:43:14 am »

-snip-
You know? Alcohol is detrimental to the progress (proved by Conrak). Also... Sadly, only a few tribesmen remember your face after all those beverages.

They were too horrifying to exist in the first place. Also, Chantutu proved that information could be extracted by much less violent methods. He survived - and that confirms that his strategy is viable.
bah i was just acting out because i was sexually repressed

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 77