Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 243730 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #825 on: August 26, 2014, 12:20:17 pm »

- 50% chance to succeed at actions.
- 50% chance for ability to disappear each day. (Pretty sure this was per person, by the way it was written)

I thought you had received a different version of the power, MBP. One that perhaps said something different and suggested a global chance.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 26, 2014, 12:38:45 pm »

No, i see the global because most people here do claim to have been panicked. Likely either SK ( in wich case he only would be unnafected, presumably) or MAYBE scum, and i expect that the scumbuddies would be spared of it.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 26, 2014, 12:39:02 pm »

This is a bunch of crap... How delightful...

Anyways, I'm really annoyed panicked as well.

Aside from that, I want to ask TolyK how you figure all of those players are town?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 26, 2014, 12:43:59 pm »

No, i see the global because most people here do claim to have been panicked. Likely either SK ( in wich case he only would be unnafected, presumably) or MAYBE scum, and i expect that the scumbuddies would be spared of it.

Ah, I see. I took your post the wrong way. Apologies.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 26, 2014, 01:05:58 pm »

Aside from that, I want to ask TolyK how you figure all of those players are town?
Just trust me. :p
I got Toaster's survivor right (on the second try, since I forgot that nothing based on actions was 100% believable, i.e. inspection order isn't guaranteed), which would've been much less likely if I didn't actually have an inspect (and scum with an inspect is something I've never seen... >.>).
The others are definitely not lying, but their towniness isn't quite confirmed (not action-ly, but logically).
So... just trust me? Until I share all my info at some point of the game.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 26, 2014, 01:22:25 pm »

Just trust me. :p
I got Toaster's survivor right (on the second try, since I forgot that nothing based on actions was 100% believable, i.e. inspection order isn't guaranteed), which would've been much less likely if I didn't actually have an inspect (and scum with an inspect is something I've never seen... >.>).
The others are definitely not lying, but their towniness isn't quite confirmed (not action-ly, but logically).
So... just trust me? Until I share all my info at some point of the game.

Mafia rolecops are essentially scum inspection roles.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 26, 2014, 01:23:10 pm »

Well right now you have a 50% chance of actually figuring something out tonight. Assuming, of course, that you survive. I guess we can risk you being scum and lying. Or cult and lying. Or any great number of things. I suppose we can.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 26, 2014, 02:10:35 pm »

I'm not likely lying, and not likely scum either, confirming townies...
Oh. Right.
Well...
As I say, everything I say can be taken as truth in case I die.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 26, 2014, 03:06:42 pm »

Nerjin:  Why no more RP?

Cheeetar:
Persus:  Immunity to Shakerag.  Shakerag cannot action this person, including this person being unlynchable if Shakerag is voting him.

Why would Persus have this part of his role if all Shakerag had was autos? You're saying Shakerag's first auto was completely useless except as a buffer against Persus13?

Persus couldn't have known that; it would be a bit of an anti-counter to the role.  Plus, you're assuming that Shakerag couldn't gain a role.  Varee has claimed to be able to boost roles in a way; perhaps he could give Shakerag an action.  Given all the action modifying we've seen out there, some way of adding actions seems totally plausible.

By the same token, you're assuming that Persus was the only person to remove roles.  It's also possible that, by definition, I would pick up that part of Shakerag's role from him. Imagine if Persus had shot off that auto of Shakerag's and I had picked up the "Sorry!" action instead.

Varee:
Toaster: do you think your power and affect the random target of my auto?

I don't know.  By the wording, it's not explicitly limited to NQT's ability, but how could I affect an ability if I don't know it exists?  Say Shakerag was still alive and he hadn't claimed; how could I possibly affect who gets randomly targeted to be randomized?  Wuba refuses to answer questions about the roles of people who haven't flipped; if I ask him "Can I affect PlayerX's abilities" he'll just tell me he can't tell me.

The second night power should fail as nqt died but i recieve no such information.

Can you back this up?  In typical action resolution, his death would have no effect, like I'm sure how TolyK got a result even on NQT.

I am not doing any less hunting than slithuri or wolf.

That doesn't make what you are doing right.

Cheeetar:
Toaster, something about your role is off to me. Aside from answering the quoted question: Do you mind at all explaining more about what exactly your role is? Is there nothing to it except an auto that steals roles from people? Do you know why when you were role investigated, only 'lawless scavenger' showed?

How does NQT's auto work- if it's an auto, how exactly does he choose how the random abilities work?

There is something more, yes; I never said it was a full claim.  It's another auto, but not one that would prevent itself or anything from showing on a rolecop action.  I just assumed that MBP's ability only revealed one part of the role.  Keep in mind that N2 I also had the abilities from Shakerag and Flabort, and he didn't see those either... or at least neither he nor 4mask claimed seeing them.

I did use it, but apparently a few minutes after Hammer is too long to wait therefore making it pretty useless against hammers. In fact, I don't really see the point of it at all aside from preventing a person from being targeted for lynchings... I dunno.

By game definition, the day is over when the hammer is reached.  Since it's no longer day, there's no more time to use a day action.  I suppose if someone you are convinced is town is about to be lynched, you can prevent that from happening; key words "about to be lynched."

Actually, I know a third use for it (assuming it's not a one-shot, which I feel you're implying is true.)  You can use it right now to prove you didn't just curse everyone with panic.  You interested?  More on this in a bit.  Of course, since it now has a 50% chance to succeed, that's kind of pointless.  You could just claim it failed if you indeed used it earlier.

On the Mass Panic:  I doubt a townie did this, because I imagine they'd claim it.  Somehow, I doubt this is a Mafia ability either, since (assuming it hit everyone or at least everyone besides the person who used it; I admit this is a large assumption) it'd affect their team.  I get the feeling this is a third party action, so the SK is a reasonable suspect.

For the record, Jack is pinging my gut as scum, but I can't put a finger on why.  I think it's something like he's just acting like a townie instead of actually be one, but don't ask for concrete examples because I don't have one.  It happened when I first read this post, but... there's something wrong here; I just can't put my finger on it.

MBP and Imp:  Who do you suspect and why?

TolyK:
I'm not likely lying, and not likely scum either, confirming townies...

That doesn't clear you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 26, 2014, 03:13:30 pm »

I got panicked too.

Toaster, you have an auto that lets you decide how random things work. This 50/50 chance for nothing to work is random. Are you going to let us not be panicked tonight and use our abilities, or not?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 26, 2014, 03:27:18 pm »

We've also got 7 extend votes I believe. That's the majority we need.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 26, 2014, 03:40:49 pm »

@Nerjin
@Everyone

Sorry for breaking character. I'll try not to do so in the future.
So... Post restriction or something? O_o

On the Mass Panic:  I doubt a townie did this, because I imagine they'd claim it.  Somehow, I doubt this is a Mafia ability either, since (assuming it hit everyone or at least everyone besides the person who used it; I admit this is a large assumption) it'd affect their team.  I get the feeling this is a third party action, so the SK is a reasonable suspect.
PFP
I did it--it's my one-shot and hits everyone else.

...Which pokes on the imagine they'd claim it due to activity reasons. >_<

Why I did it?
It can only be used when the # of players = 13. [It just says one-shot, not one-shot day/night or other conditional affixes)
Why did I choose to use it instead of not using it (and therefore not doing obvious collateral damage?)
> Analysis of threat.

There has been someone who was acting as a saboteur early in game (someone gave me the Filler ABility, now checking on Persus' bio), as well as hindrance of the kills. I...honestly didn't ask as to what limitations my one-shot of Panicked goes (it just says actions, no specifics as to what actions however, due to not thinking about it in that sense [and busyness]). Checking up on my skimmed notes, most of those abilities known are not that direct in leading to the extreme of the wincon (The Win.), meaning its a comparing of values--hindering a kill or hindering an everythingelse that doesn't make a player stop anything (talking, playing...basically living).

Note, I could've claimed it earlier but part of the idea was to check on reactions to it.
...Primarily, I wanted to add the explanation to my reads to get caught back(?) with the game.

So since my last post... here're some reeds.

On Persus13, I was reading him as town at that time, but a hilarious thought--

4maskwolf -- I'm a bit...leery? Cautious on this one. Notice of comparison on role value/power here, its only a trivial note in hindsight, but curious all the same.

Cheeetar -- Erm.
Basically my perception of him is an inquisitive one. Reactionary, though not deep in the sense of finding reactions through being reactionary (see: D1; interactions with me in regard to Miller-ness. I'm focused more on the idea of 'quicklynch to prove,' though honestly it is a rather acceptable concept.) But how the...following (proceedings?) went kept the scale imbalanced.
So unsure. Very unsure.

Spoiler: Hapah -> TolyK (click to show/hide)
Imp -- As of the early reads, unsure. I love her as a friend and as an internally held buddy, but as of the notice of her posts, and their essence...I'm unsure on it all. Though she's leaning town due to the pointy-ness of her asking.

IronyOwl -- Goes with Imp. Leaning Town. Activity would help :3 Though I seriously appreciate the kind tone towards me when I'm..erm. Troubled. The Troubled part ties with Cheeetar.

Jack A T -- He's also in with Imp. Pointy posts. Solid nature. 'Hard' [as in like rock, not difficulty-hard] way of answering and asking.
Jiokuy -> Mysteriousbluepuppet -- ...This is the first time I haven't felt one way or another regarding him or his posts. Grey zone/Unsure.
Scripten --Wary, though unsure. This is more based on how I saw him judge Flabort and his wording towards considering his judgement; definitive use of 'scum' (though would make sense if the target is under direct suspect) when poking at Flabort. Rolling over to D2 onwards? Requires more for a better read.
Spoiler: Silthuri (click to show/hide)
Varee -- Compared to what I know of 'im, It's...very different from before. I'm getting no definitive reads one way or another about his attitude and mannerisms. Sure, there's reluctancy but...I've no idea where it goes. There's brevity, of course, though it doesn't feel like there's malevolence behind the brevity (that and I doubt that he'd be doing that intentionally given assessment of his personality). Curious/Unsure.

Tiruin -- This is Tiruin. O__O

Spoiler: Nerjin (click to show/hide)
Toaster -- I'm pretty much into believing he's that third-party survivor, however at the instance and hands of an SK I'm doubtful...though this is doubtful in general; the idea of backing claims, however (ie TolyK) gives support to the credibility.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 26, 2014, 03:41:53 pm »

I got panicked too.

Toaster, you have an auto that lets you decide how random things work. This 50/50 chance for nothing to work is random. Are you going to let us not be panicked tonight and use our abilities, or not?

You think I could entirely negate the panic?  Interesting concept.  I guess I could try?  Seems awfully strong for it to work that way.

That said, I don't think removing it is a good idea; this way, I could effectively keep a leash on people and start denying them actions if they're probable scum.

...or could I just entirely lock down the night phase and only let the day game happen.  HMM.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 26, 2014, 03:44:28 pm »

...or could I just entirely lock down the night phase and only let the day game happen.  HMM.
That is the best case scenario you could do. :D

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 26, 2014, 03:48:37 pm »

That is the best case scenario you could do. :D

Yes please. Imagine a mafia game with only the Day Phase. This is my dream, and it too can be yours, Toaster, if only you wish it.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 123