Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 244611 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #855 on: August 26, 2014, 07:14:31 pm »

Jack: so it is you who take my power? Anyway back to the point, as i have answer the rvs about one shot, it is really hard for me to decide to use it so i just let it go. What are you planning to do with that power?
Varee: I do not have your power, but I am the one who forced you to give it away.  Tiruin is supposed to have your power, but she claims that she doesn't have it.  This is a problem.

Basically, I have a power that forces one player to hand a power of their choice over to another player.  The first doesn't know where the power's going, and the second doesn't know where the power came from.

On panicklocking: Something's clearly wrong here.  We have what appears to be a game-breaking set of powers (most notably Tiruin's mass panic and NQT/Toaster's probability control).  I've figured out how these powers, if no counter exists, could be used with my own power transfer power and a single cop to slowly catch every inspection-vulnerable scum:
The problem here, as Urist Imiknorris noted, is that Webadict is careful to avoid stuff like this.  Especially when it is as obvious as the probability control/mass panic combo.  I believe that there is something that will counter this apparent combo, and that that counter is in anti-town hands.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 26, 2014, 07:18:59 pm »

EBWOP: That counter may be Tiruin being scum and scum not being effected.  It may instead be someone with a power that screws up power gains/losses, or someone with immunity to the issues panic causes.  Whatever it is, there is a counter out there.

Varee and Tiruin's claims regarding my power transfer are evidence of this, I think.  Either someone's lying, or something screwed up the transfer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 26, 2014, 09:01:23 pm »

MBP (and anyone else who asked me the same thing):
Does your ''decide luck'' thing allow you to both increase the chance to 100% and Keep it going at the same time ?If yes that would be very, strong. Also, does it affect only you ? Could use it to look for kill abilities. I doubt it, but never hurt to ask.

I have clarifications out to WUBA WUBA WUBA right now.

Varee:  Does it specifically say that the target of your house gains a RANDOM ability?  Specifically includes that exact word?

UI is totally correct that Web has counters to everything planned out.  I'm sure some anti-town has the ability to ignore the panic (or that anti-town sourced it; I'm almost positive Tiruin isn't Mafia, but SK isn't totally ruled out.  I doubt it though) or bypass it in some other way.  Anyway, we'll see what Web says about clarification.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #858 on: August 26, 2014, 09:18:03 pm »

Varee:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I may have missed some things because my main focus, due to lack of time, was Varee due to suspicions I had earlier.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 26, 2014, 09:24:23 pm »

UI is totally correct that Web has counters to everything planned out.  I'm sure some anti-town has the ability to ignore the panic (or that anti-town sourced it; I'm almost positive Tiruin isn't Mafia, but SK isn't totally ruled out.  I doubt it though) or bypass it in some other way.  Anyway, we'll see what Web says about clarification.
Note: If I'm the SK--that means (and in truth giving an SK a Miller ability is an -_-) I'm lacking an Auto.

General Query: I've browsed the many reads on me and they pertain solely to the D1 miller fiasco, and Persus13.

Then looking at now, is the whole basis of judgement (alignment) on me based purely on...the degree of perceived 'power' of my...um, power?
Because it can pretty much ONLY work if there's 13 people. As in, if the # of people are above or below 13, I can't activate it.

EBWOP: That counter may be Tiruin being scum and scum not being effected.  It may instead be someone with a power that screws up power gains/losses, or someone with immunity to the issues panic causes.  Whatever it is, there is a counter out there.

Varee and Tiruin's claims regarding my power transfer are evidence of this, I think.  Either someone's lying, or something screwed up the transfer.
Counter...erh? I literally have /nothing/ to block whatever you can throw at me (in that manner), so this is either evidence that someone is connected to me that I've no idea of--or someone has action'd me in some manner that affects...other actions coming in towards me?

I cast wonder at Varee's house. I think I was housed, perhaps? I've no message of anything otherwise though, and am speculating.

General query: Hypothetical question this. If I was scum, why would I claim that I did the Panick-all and detail it down to the perceived period?

I poke That Blue Puppet. What governs your suspicion towards me?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 26, 2014, 10:06:24 pm »

In addition to what Tiruin said, weren't several of you saying that a town panic-er would claim?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 26, 2014, 10:25:57 pm »

He can make all action fail

So it wouldn't affect you in the slightest.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13: Vote Count
« Reply #862 on: August 26, 2014, 10:39:57 pm »

Let me know if anything's wrong.

Vote Count
------------------------
Cheeetar - IronyOwl, Scripten,
Imp - Jack A T,
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
Nerjin -
Scripten -
Silthuri -
Tiruin - Mysteriousbluepuppet,
Toaster -
TolyK - Tiruin,
Urist Imiknorris -
Varee - Cheeetar, Toaster, Nerjin, Silthuri,

Not Voting - Imp, Urist Imiknorris, TolyK, Varee,

Day Extended!

7 to Hammer. Day ends Thursday 9 PMish CST (Approximately 46 hours from this post.)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 26, 2014, 11:11:25 pm »

Tiruin, i'm voting you because i can't understand how that panic could be a town ability. Complete Lockdown is WAY too strong for a townie, especially when another of the townies had the ability to combo with it.  The only way to balance this would be scum that could ignore it, which would make the ability basically useless and an hindrance to town.

But, as a scum tool, it's strong  but counterable. Indeed, the random chance could be used to defeat it, and the combo could not be used, and after a few turn the game'd be back to normal.

It's a completely meta analysis, but i can't see your actions as Town, and so you get my vote.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 26, 2014, 11:35:16 pm »

Clarification is in; we are go for lockdown.  I sent in the request to lock down everyone, pending further plans being made.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 26, 2014, 11:53:49 pm »

Quick question toaster. What would stop you from lockdowning everyone but the scum and win like a dirty Survivor ?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 27, 2014, 12:05:57 am »

I doubt I can target by alignment.  I'll go ask that now, though.

I did ask; I can't block action types.  For example, I can't block all kills while allowing all inspects to go through.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 27, 2014, 12:06:28 am »

Idea: Seeing as Toaster already has a revive, we should lynch him today so if he lets us down tonight (aka townies die) we won't have to spend another two days lynching him for town to have a chance in the night phase.

Good? Bad?

Quick question toaster. What would stop you from lockdowning everyone but the scum and win like a dirty Survivor ?

He probably doesn't know who the scum are, but- if he does, it's a worry.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 27, 2014, 12:13:01 am »

Well, they could just come out in the open , say ''X is scum, don't target me i'll kill everyone else.

Then X guy would kill every non scum until while they just vote off the stragglers. Considering 13 people game, 3 scum + you, that would in 2-3 night unless some scum start dieing.  2-3 night.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 27, 2014, 12:19:22 am »

If they claimed, we could lynch them.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 123