Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 244614 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #885 on: August 27, 2014, 02:36:04 pm »

What a kneejerk reaction. You know very well what i meant, but i guess stressed scum gotta try and make something happen.

I'm voting you on having a power that's not town. Kinda like if i cop someone wiht a nightkill i fuckign accuse him. Your panic! is not a town power, i can feel it. I'd verify it too, but then again i won't be able to. Well played, scum.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 27, 2014, 02:43:20 pm »

Dohoho, kneejerk he says.

Brilliant interpretation, for a vote meant to get you talking. "You know very well what I meant"...very good account of communication sir, when the question is directly questioning in an interrogative structure.

You know very well that that comes off as evasion, right? Because that's how I interpret your brevity and lack of discourse. Sudden shift to 'stressed scum' huh? You haven't given me anything to be stressed about at all given your...how shall I say, weak efforts at anything.

I'm voting you on having a power that's not town. Kinda like if i cop someone wiht a nightkill i fuckign accuse him. Your panic! is not a town power, i can feel it. I'd verify it too, but then again i won't be able to. Well played, scum.
...Interesting method of jumping to conclusions. It becomes an isolation notion of 'not' instead of 'seems like' pertaining to the power, huh.
My panic isn't a "town" power...because?
> I know very well what you meant! :D
Yeah...this is what I mean by weak efforts. Your ending note of 'Well played, scum.' doesn't even match in semantics. Trying to provoke a reaction through bad use of sentence structure as well as providing provocational arguments which only have effect in reactionism and pure emotional response...isn't effective, for posterity.

Now let me ask you again. Detail your bloody case.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 27, 2014, 02:53:13 pm »

The only catch with lynching me is if the scum have some way to bypass the lock (even if it's one shot), then they'll take the chance to off me, and you'll lose the benefits.

If the scum have some way to bypass the lock, we need to get rid of you anyway (your lock down is useless to everyone except scum and you have no reason to side with us.) As a survivor, your death is not a big loss to town. If that's the only catch- unvote Varee, vote Toaster.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 27, 2014, 02:55:10 pm »

I'm not sure if a Varee lynch is the best shot we have right now. He's been very unengaged in scum hunting, but he's also been unfailingly honest about things, and Toaster could potentially screw us over really badly with his auto. Varee has played mafia here before- would anybody who's played with Varee before clarify if this is how he generally acts?

In the last game I played with him, the CYOMask game, he acted very similarly. He was mostly engaged with his own powers, to the point where he gimped me for almost the entire game. (I was town, and expected that only a scum players would attack a town player at random.) It seems to me that he's not a particularly good asset for town and is fairly obsessed with having people talk about his powers. That said, he was a resurrecting townie, not scum, and cost us several days of deliberation.

Alright. That's a shame.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 27, 2014, 02:56:07 pm »

I explained it in my last post already. Whatever your alignment may be, your power as you described is a boon to Mafia before being one to Town. Haven't seen wubbah give townies powers detrimental to themselves and other towns, especially should they be given a time limit to use them,

Complaining i'm evasive when you can't read 3 lines IS kneejerk. I'll change that for OMGUS, because that's clearly what it is. Instead of trying to spin purple prose, how about you explain how your power could be town alignment ? Again, by meta, it's game breaking for Town ( especially since another townie had the combo key) while it's effective but counterable if scum. WHy would Wubbah break his own game just like that?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 27, 2014, 02:57:11 pm »

The only catch with lynching me is if the scum have some way to bypass the lock (even if it's one shot), then they'll take the chance to off me, and you'll lose the benefits.

If the scum have some way to bypass the lock, we need to get rid of you anyway (your lock down is useless to everyone except scum and you have no reason to side with us.) As a survivor, your death is not a big loss to town. If that's the only catch- unvote Varee, vote Toaster.
*Tiruin flails around.

Could anyone inform me about:
Clarification is in; we are go for lockdown.  I sent in the request to lock down everyone, pending further plans being made.
Query--I saw Cheeetar(?) say you got this from NQT but...NQT has no Autos?
I have no idea what anyone is saying about whatever lockdown is here because if I get what Toaster's claim said (which I lost the link but he did fullclaim? earlier with his role and the usual 'I am [rolename]'...that post) and this thing...
I'm totally lost.
NQT doesn't even have an AUTO >_>

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 27, 2014, 03:00:53 pm »

I explained it in my last post already. Whatever your alignment may be, your power as you described is a boon to Mafia before being one to Town. Haven't seen wubbah give townies powers detrimental to themselves and other towns, especially should they be given a time limit to use them,

Complaining i'm evasive when you can't read 3 lines IS kneejerk. I'll change that for OMGUS, because that's clearly what it is. Instead of trying to spin purple prose, how about you explain how your power could be town alignment ? Again, by meta, it's game breaking for Town ( especially since another townie had the combo key) while it's effective but counterable if scum. WHy would Wubbah break his own game just like that?
@Orange: You described it. Ok!
HOW.
>_>
You're just stating a statement without giving any backing to it. Can you get my curiosity towards it yet or do I have to define it more that you're being confusing without any relevant evidence or idea or...anything to grasp what you're thinking.
Haven't seen wubbah give townies powers detrimental to themselves and other towns, especially should they be given a time limit to use them,
What?
Complaining i'm evasive when you can't read 3 lines IS kneejerk
What. Three. Lines.

I'll change that for OMGUS, because that's clearly what it is.
...Yeah. Like everything I said in connected to you being voted equals an OMGUS. It's not like I voted you out of suspicion...no. That wasn't obvious in my tone. My toooone~
Yeah.

Instead of trying to spin purple prose, how about you explain how your power could be town alignment ?
...So you can't even read someone trying to be detailed. Ok.
How the heck can I even answer that question? What makes a power be town alignment, for one? -_-
You're judging me by a set of values that is too vague as a foundation. Clarify your foundation of judgement.

Again, by meta, it's game breaking for Town ( especially since another townie had the combo key) while it's effective but counterable if scum. WHy would Wubbah break his own game just like that?
Again:
HOW.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 27, 2014, 03:04:03 pm »

Tiruin: Urist Imiknoriss (previously 4maskwolf) got the nightly results for two players. One was a rolecop investigation (TolyK initiated on Toaster) that revealed somebody had been stealing the role abilities of dead players- this is what the [REDACTED] in people's roles after they die has been. NQT's redacted was apparently an auto that let him control luck (or so claims Toaster, who has been stealing the role abiliites.)

So we don't know how Tiruin lost her miller? Things are starting to make a lot less sense in my head.
What's the sense you got here, buddy?
The same sense you got in D1? MMmmm?

I got the sense that TolyK was claiming responsibility for you not being miller, or at least having investigated you. You were his '95% not scum' on Day 2 when he didn't want to explain how he knew things.

That night, Tiruin actioned me as well, and was de-millered, which is now confirmed by a dead townie. Thus, Tiruin is definitely not scum and very likely town.

This looked to me like he was claiming responsibility for your de-millering.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 27, 2014, 03:06:20 pm »

That is to say: Toaster steals the role ability, and then nobody knows what it is because it doesn't show up when the victim flips- it's removed completely.
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 27, 2014, 03:08:39 pm »

Tiruin: Urist Imiknoriss (previously 4maskwolf) got the nightly results for two players. One was a rolecop investigation (TolyK initiated on Toaster) that revealed somebody had been stealing the role abilities of dead players- this is what the [REDACTED] in people's roles after they die has been. NQT's redacted was apparently an auto that let him control luck (or so claims Toaster, who has been stealing the role abiliites.)

So we don't know how Tiruin lost her miller? Things are starting to make a lot less sense in my head.
What's the sense you got here, buddy?
The same sense you got in D1? MMmmm?

I got the sense that TolyK was claiming responsibility for you not being miller, or at least having investigated you. You were his '95% not scum' on Day 2 when he didn't want to explain how he knew things.

That night, Tiruin actioned me as well, and was de-millered, which is now confirmed by a dead townie. Thus, Tiruin is definitely not scum and very likely town.

This looked to me like he was claiming responsibility for your de-millering.
@orange: Oh huh. Nice to know :o Thanks for that.

Next: ...Err, if TolyK is claiming responsibility, then Persus...what?
Did you notice me saying, and going along with, what Persus said before he claimed it himself earlier in the game? I ask because you...think TolyK did that, for some reason, instead of Persus.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 27, 2014, 03:09:25 pm »

That is to say: Toaster steals the role ability, and then nobody knows what it is because it doesn't show up when the victim flips- it's removed completely.
It steals on death or...at the time of death but before roleflip?

Anyway, where is the post in question where he said that he can do this directly? I think I missed it. ._.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 27, 2014, 03:11:43 pm »

It steals on the time of death, and I don't think he chooses what to steal. When I use active verbs, it's merely for simplicity's sake.

Anyway- yes. I know Persus did it, with nerf, but for a while there I got kind of confused because it really looked like TolyK was using your de-millering as some way to establish both your and his innocence.

TolyK: Why, on Day 2, did you say that Tiruin was 95% likely to be town?
I've played some mafia.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 27, 2014, 03:18:36 pm »

There, have fun Tiruin. Seriously, rather than writing wall of HOW WHAT and other shit, try reading. It was 2 pages back, jesus

Tiruin, i'm voting you because i can't understand how that panic could be a town ability. Complete Lockdown is WAY too strong for a townie, especially when another of the townies had the ability to combo with it.  The only way to balance this would be scum that could ignore it, which would make the ability basically useless and an hindrance to town.

Now do answer the queston rather than flounder  about.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #898 on: August 27, 2014, 03:23:51 pm »

Everybody:
A lynch of Toaster may be the best choice right now.

A) He can revive anyway, and if he's lying about having a revive he's not town (he claimed survivor.)

B) If he truly can lock everyone down in the night phase, he can stop people night killing him. If not, we can lynch him the next day.

C) In the event that we don't lynch him and scum kill in the night, we would have to dedicate another two day phases to lynching him during which the scum will probably still be able to kill people seeing as Toaster couldn't lock them down.

This is all moot in the case of a town vigilante that can bypass lockdown, but I don't think we should take this chance- we don't lose much by making Toaster have to regenerate his revive, but there is a lot at stake if a third party holds this much power.

Spoiler: Incidentally funny (click to show/hide)
I've played some mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 27, 2014, 03:28:55 pm »

I take issue with your points B and C in that a kill is immediately my fault.

But yeah, that is funny.  I probably had forgotten what my alignment was when I said that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 123