Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 358682 times)

Jalak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarting!
« Reply #930 on: October 21, 2014, 01:26:53 am »

Since it's pretty much over, considering how little time left for the next stretch goal, could you release those videos now?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 21, 2014, 01:30:55 am »

Just you wait, it's already almost at 76000.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 21, 2014, 02:39:37 am »

And we've got around 600$ in Paypal donations. So we've already covered nearly 20% of the final stretch.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 21, 2014, 03:34:10 am »

Tentacles? TENTACLES! Perhaps one day we can have an underwater Old One for that true Cthulhu vibe.

Rutee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 21, 2014, 03:47:50 am »

That wouldn't be much fun.  He got punked by a fishing boat in canon, and for a long time an african elephant stampede was a surefire way to kill him by the rules. :3

I do hope Cthulhu gets some custom events with the sea, it's kind of a thing for him, isn't it?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 21, 2014, 04:05:32 am »

That wouldn't be much fun.  He got punked by a fishing boat in canon, and for a long time an african elephant stampede was a surefire way to kill him by the rules. :3

I do hope Cthulhu gets some custom events with the sea, it's kind of a thing for him, isn't it?
Actually, going by what I read the boat just passed through his head without any harm done.
But that's beside the point.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 21, 2014, 05:39:23 am »

Actually if you go by CoC rules, the only way to kill Cthulhu would be by reducing his POW to zero. :p He just reforms in a matter of minutes after being physically destroyed.

I figuse Big C would be a mix of a dream-inducing madness, watery malarkies, corrupting cults and mental takeovers.

Rutee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 21, 2014, 06:49:01 am »

I'm pretty sure with his physical form down and few/no casualties, there's ways to muck with his POW?  My memory's bad and I don't recall much of CoC.

Hey, is anyone but The Laughing God going to have abilities that interact with cults much by default?  It's going to be weird if not.  I'd think Azlan and indeed Cthulhu would have a good go at it.  It'll also make adding one of the closest things I have to a religious figure as a GOO harder if it can't be done through mod tools (And is probably the only serious reason I have to vote against Moloch atm).

Who the devil are the 6 default GOOs anyway?  Cthulhu is obvious (Even if I don't know his actual gameplay schtick yet), Azlan is one I recall (Focused on subtle manipulation on a super long scale because he only has like 3 agents and a super long spawn timer), then Sisyphus (I know his fluff, and that his abilities tie back to your genned scenarios for him), Karth (Orc God of War who wakes up fast, and needs to consolidate fast), and Belial (The baseline dude who is more meant for newer players but is still supposed to be good).  What am I forgetting?  Or is the answer 'we don't know'?

GobbieMarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 21, 2014, 07:01:30 am »

few/no casualties

Aren't his rules "Cthulhu eats 1d6 Investigators a turn?"

Also I'm pretty sure Cthulhu isn't in, given Azlan is Not!Cthulhu. The last one we know of that I recall is the yet-unnamed Death God.

EDIT: "Each round 1D3 investigators are scooped up in Cthulhu's flabby claws to die hideously."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:06:36 am by GobbieMarauder »

Jalak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 21, 2014, 07:09:37 am »

Basically the four old ones are Karth, Belial, Sisyphus and Azlan (who is Cthulhu, actually). As far as we know, we're going to have a vote for who the fifth old one is going to be from the three ideas put forward. And then there's the Death God that they still need to balance, so he may get back in. The Terror of the Sea stretch goal also mentions the possibility of having an extra race or old one put in as well (presumably also from the stretch goal ideas), so the game we're going to get in total is going to be 5-7.

Rutee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 21, 2014, 07:29:32 am »

few/no casualties
"EDIT: "Each round 1D3 investigators are scooped up in Cthulhu's flabby claws to die hideously."
Hence the elephant stampede.  Not trivial to engineer, but valid by the rules and basically not resistable.  I suppose someone has to be present to try keeping them on track, unless i'ts the modern era, but hey.  The trick is I don't recall, out of hand, how to reduce POW.

Basically the four old ones are Karth, Belial, Sisyphus and Azlan (who is Cthulhu, actually). As far as we know, we're going to have a vote for who the fifth old one is going to be from the three ideas put forward. And then there's the Death God that they still need to balance, so he may get back in. The Terror of the Sea stretch goal also mentions the possibility of having an extra race or old one put in as well (presumably also from the stretch goal ideas), so the game we're going to get in total is going to be 5-7.
I thought it was 6, + Stretch goals?  I may have misread that.  I mean, 5 is a fine number since people will be modding them in like hotcakes (I mean, Sauron, the lovecraftian pantheons, whateverhisname is in WoT, and others are basically guaranteed), I'm just curious.

Edit: It's KDG saying in the last couple of days that 6 is the number they cut it down to *after cutting Moloch and the like*.  So I'm definitely not insane (for this reason).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:47:45 am by Rutee »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 21, 2014, 07:30:14 am »

Pteew

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 21, 2014, 08:00:20 am »

Actually, Azlan seems to resemble a combination of both Cthulhu's general insanity, Nyarlathotep's general manipulative side and a minor focus on his apparent realm in the Dreamlands.

Denim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 21, 2014, 08:37:50 am »

The sixth old one is the mirror one who summons tiny copies of himself. I think it was originally named Seraph.

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #944 on: October 21, 2014, 08:55:13 am »

I'm pretty sure with his physical form down and few/no casualties, there's ways to muck with his POW?  My memory's bad and I don't recall much of CoC.

Hey, is anyone but The Laughing God going to have abilities that interact with cults much by default?  It's going to be weird if not.  I'd think Azlan and indeed Cthulhu would have a good go at it.  It'll also make adding one of the closest things I have to a religious figure as a GOO harder if it can't be done through mod tools (And is probably the only serious reason I have to vote against Moloch atm).

Who the devil are the 6 default GOOs anyway?  Cthulhu is obvious (Even if I don't know his actual gameplay schtick yet), Azlan is one I recall (Focused on subtle manipulation on a super long scale because he only has like 3 agents and a super long spawn timer), then Sisyphus (I know his fluff, and that his abilities tie back to your genned scenarios for him), Karth (Orc God of War who wakes up fast, and needs to consolidate fast), and Belial (The baseline dude who is more meant for newer players but is still supposed to be good).  What am I forgetting?  Or is the answer 'we don't know'?

We're throwing up a summary of them on the KS page today.  Though only The Laughing God begins with a cult, any Old One can send his agents out to infiltrate a cult, start a religion, etc.

The Death God is definitely in, he just needs some.... work.
That Which Sleeps
IndieDB| Website | Twitter
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 210