Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 170060 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 2: Gather round yon campfire of cardboard
« Reply #885 on: September 20, 2014, 07:01:56 pm »

GA : can you read dead chat? You might be our spirit meduim:D
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 20, 2014, 07:02:18 pm »

Jack A T: I honestly don't know, It is perhaps just a matter of priorities.
Flabort: Is there any action-order that takes place? Does this only take place when the contending actions are against each other or does it also take place when any intervening actions occur?
May we know of that action-order?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 20, 2014, 07:21:36 pm »

Action order is in the OP, in the quote from Webadict.
Allow me to explain what happened, though, since claims and roleflips are up.
4mask was killed twice, because Chemical Concoction does that. So Threat Response fired twice. And this was during the day, so 2-shot immunity to kills at night did not apply.
So GA prevents one with Sentinel and has no way to prevent second.

While normally I wouldn't reveal something like this, all the pieces were already shown, so all I did was ship them pre-assembled.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:50:48 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 20, 2014, 07:36:16 pm »

Varee: yes I can read deadchat,

So, notquitethere, was it not you who had said "so long as people keep dying, the town wincon is more likely to be fulfilled."
Do Explain what you mean?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 20, 2014, 08:08:30 pm »

In which I have drunk quite a lot and intend to go to bed

There's a lot I want to respond to but I'm not currently in a state to do so.

GayArchaea, the town wincon requires five people to die. If folk aren't dying then the wincon isn't being progressed. The town wincon is built on an altar of blood. Scum blood. Do you disagree?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 20, 2014, 08:46:00 pm »

JackAT
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 20, 2014, 08:50:06 pm »

NotQuiteThere: I disagree. While it is true that it is required to kill scum, killing random people is more likely to hit town (and will always be until there are more scum than town, at which point the game ends). Scum most likely have a nightkill, too, so dead people are either coming from town who don't know alignments for sure or from scum who will always hit town/third parties. This means that if people simply keep dying quickly, it's actually beneficial for scum. Why did you say that it's better for town?

PPE: Any idea why ZU is voting for Jack A T? Also, should I invite him?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 20, 2014, 08:54:29 pm »

I should note that my vote represents Toaster at the moment, so I quote him here from the dead chat exactly.

Message for notquitethere: "Of course town needs to kill to win. But killing scum is different from just killing. A bodycount of all townies fulfills the 'keep killing' part of your message but not the 'town win becomes more likely' bit. You're advocating bloodshed for its own sake, scum."

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 20, 2014, 09:13:21 pm »

I should note that my vote represents Toaster at the moment, so I quote him here from the dead chat exactly.

Message for notquitethere: "Of course town needs to kill to win. But killing scum is different from just killing. A bodycount of all townies fulfills the 'keep killing' part of your message but not the 'town win becomes more likely' bit. You're advocating bloodshed for its own sake, scum."
I lied a little, I actually quoted Urist Imiknorris. He's also been saying that he lied a little about his role claim. He is also saying disturbing things in the dead chat.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 21, 2014, 12:03:21 am »

BlitzDungeoneer
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 21, 2014, 01:36:32 am »

Jack, well. :p
As far as I know, I've been telling the truth everywhere.

Also, 4mask knows a lot of what happened this night.
What I'm interested in its why nobody targeted me third night.
At least that's what U think.

Also, NQT, that's obvious bloodthirst. :p
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 21, 2014, 08:10:09 am »

Hull Breach detected!

Secondary defense mechanism lost another charge, who hit me?

Explaination of return of post restriction
I have an ability that copies autos (pretty sure I mentioned this earlier) that I can use both day and night.
Day 1: Target TolyK, get his auto that makes winning impossibru.
Night 1: Attept to target NQT in the hopes of getting the speak at night power. After some sort of major fuckery, the power rebounded 12 times through various people that I don't even know (so I know quite a few of the autos out there now) and finally ended up with the speak and vote after death power.
Day 2: Deciding that's a lame power, I target Jack AT, thinking he was unlikely to be dangerous to target, since some people are rather volatile.
Wind up getting the damn post restriction again.

Fuck you, Jack.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 21, 2014, 09:07:32 am »

In which I try to explain what the town wincon is to recalcitrant players.

Jack
NQT: Mine's not a list of excess roles.  It is a list of roles I sent in, and is obviously the full list (42 entries when the maximum number of roles submitted is 42).  What we appear to have is not an excess of roles, but a missing list.  Someone hasn't stated what they submitted.
Ah, good point. You're quite right. Someone has been less than forthcoming.

NQT: Well, not a list, but one role.  Someone submitted an extra role that they haven't claimed.
Yes, if Toaster wasn't lying (and why would he?), it's the STFU role.

Did you attempt to do any investigations last night?

Tiruin
Yeah. Power outage during the weekends. Woohoo, no time to push :X
OK, when you're next empowered and able, please respond to my questions.

I even got that note that you're a Troll...when I can't even action at all in that context of finding. :^
I already explained, it was Wolf's role that's causing inspect results to turn up as 'troll'.

GayArchaea
TheDarkStar: I used the chemical concoction one. also I tried to kill perseus13 during the night.
Ah, unlucky for your wincon, but it did help the town out immeasurably so thanks for that noble sacrifice.

I categorically don't advocate bloodshed for its own sake. If you read what I said I clearly clarify that the town wincon is built on killing scum:

The town wincon is built on an altar of blood. Scum blood.

Persus
Were you aware that you'd been targeted by a kill?

TDS
NotQuiteThere: I disagree. While it is true that it is required to kill scum, killing random people is more likely to hit town (and will always be until there are more scum than town, at which point the game ends). Scum most likely have a nightkill, too, so dead people are either coming from town who don't know alignments for sure or from scum who will always hit town/third parties. This means that if people simply keep dying quickly, it's actually beneficial for scum. Why did you say that it's better for town?
I never said we should kill people randomly or rapidly, I just said that to win the game requires kills to happen which is something you yourself admit. I think you're trying to wedge in a disagreement between us where none actually exists.

Cheese
Explaination of return of post restriction
I have an ability that copies autos (pretty sure I mentioned this earlier) that I can use both day and night.
Day 1: Target TolyK, get his auto that makes winning impossibru.
Night 1: Attept to target NQT in the hopes of getting the speak at night power. After some sort of major fuckery, the power rebounded 12 times through various people that I don't even know (so I know quite a few of the autos out there now) and finally ended up with the speak and vote after death power.
Day 2: Deciding that's a lame power, I target Jack AT, thinking he was unlikely to be dangerous to target, since some people are rather volatile.
Wind up getting the damn post restriction again.

Fuck you, Jack.
That's hilarious but I have no idea why that would have happened on Day 1. Can you claim the exact sequence?

Blitz, you've been quite quiet. Do you have any scum picks?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 21, 2014, 09:42:43 am »

PFP
NQT: Not really no. I can't seem to get a read of any sort on anybody really. As for my silence, not sure if I mentioned this already but most of the time when I think of something it's already been posted by somebody. I don't really see the point of asking the same question of the same person twice, so...yeah.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 21, 2014, 09:45:56 am »

Hmm.

Blitz, okay so if you're not doing anything during the day, did you try any investigations in the night?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 78