Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Puella Magi Madoka★Magica: Firmament {She died for your Follies}  (Read 11602 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Puella Magi Madoka★Magica: Firmament {She died for your Follies}
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2014, 02:01:11 pm »

[X] Would it be possible to call Tsubey over and get a debrief of who the fuck those girls were?

If not,

[X] Climb dat building and try to take a look around, I guess? Those two are probably pretty conspicuous.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2014, 03:38:09 pm »

[X] Would it be possible to call Tsubey over and get a debrief of who the fuck those girls were?

If not,

[X] Climb dat building and try to take a look around, I guess? Those two are probably pretty conspicuous.
+1

EDIT: I don't know much about American gun laws, but later on, couldn't we just buy a sniper rifle and kill those two magical girls from a distance? It seems like the safest way to go about it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 03:47:51 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2014, 09:50:49 am »

If not,

+1

EDIT: I don't know much about American gun laws, but later on, couldn't we just buy a sniper rifle and kill those two magical girls from a distance? It seems like the safest way to go about it.

You now, i don't thinl they sell sniper rifles to little girls, no matter how lax they laws are. Plus we don't have so much money (yet)

Plus, hiting a soul gem is a hard shot even for a profesional sniper.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2014, 03:01:02 pm »

First of all, we don't know that we have to hit the soul gem. Second, what would happen if we hit the head? It would likely incapacitate her at least since you can't do stuff without a brain. Then it's just a matter of hitting them while they're down.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2014, 05:00:48 pm »

Same issues apply. You can't just "Buy a sniper rifle" and then "shoot them in the head" like you're making yourself scrambled eggs.

Anyway, get to the street. Those two are up to something suspicious and awesome and we need to find out what.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2014, 05:07:25 pm »

Same issues apply. You can't just "Buy a sniper rifle" and then "shoot them in the head" like you're making yourself scrambled eggs.
But we're in America, aren't we? Isn't that what America's like?

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2014, 03:33:12 am »

I took a look at the federal gun law and is hilarious (each state has their own laws as well)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently, we can legally buy a sniper rifle, if is a private transaction. Is illegal if we try to buy it for a licensed dealer.

LOL

Get to the street.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2014, 01:36:20 pm »

I took a look at the federal gun law and is hilarious (each state has their own laws as well)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently, we can legally buy a sniper rifle, if is a private transaction. Is illegal if we try to buy it for a licensed dealer.

LOL

Get to the street.
God fucking dammit America. Distributing Sniper Rifles to fourteen year old magical girls. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

Now I don't have any valid reason not to turn this into Mahou Shoujo★Sniper-Chan. Besides the fact that you'll have no skill with a rifle and the kick from any proper sniper would probably knock you over the first few times you shoot it.

********************************************************************************

[X] Climb the building

Your fingers are much stronger than they should be. You aren't entirely sure why, but you do feel like you should retrieve your soul gem. At the very least, Tsubey would be very upset if you lost it. And those girls sounded almost sinister in their designs for it, so you jump the first ten feet and latch onto the bottom of a windowsill.

Your feet scrabble for purchase on the bricks and you quickly make your way up the side of the building, a cross somewhere between Spiderman and Altair. It costs you a good five seconds to get up there, but you finally make it.

You see crimson and deep blue rocketing over the rooftops ahead. Those Puella are fast! But you're faster.

Three time track champion and experienced long jumper, you move into action, sprinting to the edge of the building and leaping clear over the next one to land on a roof two buildings away.

The Crimson and the Blue Puella nod at each other and jump in different directions. Damn! Now you'll have to make a choice. You can always turn and chase the other if you sense your Soul gem moving further away, but it'll cost you valuable time...

[CHOICE]
[/b]
[DISTANCE: 130m / 200m]

[X] Follow the Red Puella [50% Risk of lost DISTANCE]

[X] Follow the Blue Magi [50% risk of lost DISTANCE]
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2014, 01:46:42 pm »

[X] Follow the Red Puella

If I may ask, what the hell is a Mahou Shoujo?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2014, 01:52:58 pm »

+1, indeed.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2014, 04:09:13 pm »

If I may ask, what the hell is a Mahou Shoujo?

Literally, magical (mahou) girl (shoujo)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2014, 04:19:27 pm »

Wait what? I thought Puella Magi meant Magical Girl? I'm confused.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2014, 04:37:21 pm »

Wait what? I thought Puella Magi meant Magical Girl? I'm confused.

Mahou Shoujo is Japanese for magical girl, I think, while Puella Magi (though Puella Maga would be grammatically appropriate) is Latin for the same.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:40:16 pm by Harry Baldman »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2014, 04:46:11 pm »

So when do you use one and when do you use the other? Is one the name of the franchise and the other the anime?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2014, 04:56:47 pm »

So when do you use one and when do you use the other? Is one the name of the franchise and the other the anime?

Well, it depends on which type (occidental or oriental) of lingual mystique you want to use to obscure the words "magical girl". I suspect Mahou Shoujo is a general term applicable across the genre, while Puella Maga applies specifically to this particular universe. Could be wrong, though.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11