?
- 0 (0%)
!
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 21, 2014, 09:36:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: The Natural History Museum "Adventurer succession world"  (Read 13671 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Natural History Museum "Adventurer succession world"
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2014, 10:51:06 pm »

Sounds like you've been having fun! Yeah the monkeys wolves and unicorns have been in a continual state of warfare ever since I first woke up on the museum roof. (First, now deceased, adventurer).

Then I retired for a time.  After, of course, I laid claim to the site as its rightful master.

Did you keep a save from before you retired? Just in case of buggyness. I also suggest doing a 'test unretire' of your adventurer from a copy of your latest save before you build your half-way house fort.
()==[:::::::::::::>

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2014, 07:26:21 am »

Sounds like you've been having fun! Yeah the monkeys wolves and unicorns have been in a continual state of warfare ever since I first woke up on the museum roof. (First, now deceased, adventurer).

Then I retired for a time.  After, of course, I laid claim to the site as its rightful master.

Did you keep a save from before you retired? Just in case of buggyness. I also suggest doing a 'test unretire' of your adventurer from a copy of your latest save before you build your half-way house fort.
No saves.  I run one file usually.  If he crashes you guys just got an above average swimmer, on me.  Not the end of the world to lose an untrained archer.  But soo many bugs
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2014, 11:50:08 am »

No saves.  I run one file usually.  If he crashes you guys just got an above average swimmer, on me.  Not the end of the world to lose an untrained archer.  But soo many bugs

Actually, if you could note the bugs, we can use this save file to submit any that aren't yet on record.  (I'll do that, if you like.)  I noticed some myself in Legends mode.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2014, 09:38:29 am »

So, Bob, what do you think of the place?  I know, its poor and terrible, and in hindsight I see several ways to improve my task . . .
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ill spend a season or so pumping out some adventure treats.  food, booze, small helmets,crutches... and trying to pierce the caverns.  Although he aquifer is not cooperating and Im not sparing a whole mess of dwarfpower for it.

Im officially 1.5 seasons in, and framerate is poor.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2014, 01:50:43 pm »

Okay.  Its retired.

omg.  I retired the fort, and unretired my adventurer.  His companion just did that with a stray steel bolt I gave him.  He is awesome.

Bob, I think that was your hammerer.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2014, 02:17:35 pm »

Here is the save.  I was going to post a pic of the fort, but the framerate there is better than in some of the wilds Ive been in.  Food is abundant, armor lessso, and weapons may have to be wrestled from the populace.

I encourage you to explore.  We have a river to swim in, food and booze to eat, a well, and a high climbing wall.  There is also an entrance to two of the caverns, so go get those subterranean doodads.

We had a caged GCS hooked up to a lever, but I learned that dont work.

Here is the save.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9783
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2014, 02:33:54 pm »

You're handing over to Planky then?

I'll probably give it a test run for a month and a half to make sure nothing is going to crash. :P I get paranoid.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2014, 02:36:23 pm »

You're handing over to Planky then?

I'll probably give it a test run for a month and a half to make sure nothing is going to crash. :P I get paranoid.

Just be careful,. some of the critters are killing each other down there.

Ohh, before I forget, I made as many door and other barriers as possible to divide up my fort.  I dont know if that helped and I tried.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 02:53:01 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2014, 04:00:22 pm »

Progress on the list is going well: all the plants are now accounted for. Once again, the link is here. Editing is open to all.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2014, 08:22:47 pm »

Progress on the list is going well: all the plants are now accounted for. Once again, the link is here. Editing is open to all.

Well done, Paaad!  I went through the list and spaced the entrees so that every sub-section of a plant was on the same page as it's plant, which added a page or two by the end, but now we can check things off as they're placed in display cases.  There's about 22 pages of plants alone, with about 45 entries per page (ballpark)... that's about 990 displays needing to be built just for the herbology wing.  (And 990 seasons accrued of fortress play to build the structure needed to house these displays).  Gentledwarves, we have the technology!

Has my Timeless, Fellow of Elven Psychology 'gone walkabout' to a new site already?  Excellent!  Just the thing, to do a bit of fieldwork with his axe, finding the exact threshold at which elves become militant over their beloved trees.  (Serves the murdering blighters right, too, after their unsolicited 'commentary' at Planesfortress a few years ago!)

Ah, access to the caverns should give us plenty of new specimens to collect!  Good work!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:31:07 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2014, 05:09:11 am »

Hah. I sort of suspected this before, but I've just confirmed it.

Timnaringiz (Taperedceilings) has built the museum wing in the wrong corner! Taperedceilings is the NE wing, so the museum building should be in the SW. Instead it's in the SE corner.

While I'm here. Here's Cattenilush (Channelcarnage) the NW wing.

Rimtarenshal (Castlebuds) the SW wing

Silgeshud (Planesfortress) the SE wing

pisskop's new fortress Ingizkubuk (Ceilinglance)

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 06:40:44 am by ptb_ptb »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2014, 06:58:55 am »

Ha!  Oh, wow!  Yeah, I wondered if that had happened, but one of the wings just happens to be the one with a nice forest path leading to it - I'm betting that's the one for the beasties.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2014, 07:00:33 am »

I've got a bit of weirdness going on here. I did a 'test unretire' of each wing of the museum (see prev. post) and couldn't find pisskop's retired adventurer in any of them. (Tosid Alathenkos should be in the 'Other' list). Then I did a test unretire of Tosid, and I got massive lag whenever he is in local view (e.g. not fast travelling). Down to 2 fps.  I think it's pretty much unplayable on my computer in adventure mode now. I will do further testing.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2014, 07:03:25 am »

That IS weird.  Maybe we'll have to get him as a companion with another adventurer and kite him to a world-gen place before retiring before he can be unretired for further adventures first.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2014, 07:10:34 am »

I ruthlessly abandoned Tosid to starvation in the wilderness before starting a new adventurer in the museum. Still same problem. D:

Have you tried it yourself? My computer may just not be up for the task.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10