Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615183 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 18: Battle buying BETA
« Reply #1425 on: October 31, 2014, 08:26:17 pm »

Varee visit the human festival and see if it is really that good?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: October 31, 2014, 08:45:44 pm »

"I will speak with the goddess of humans."
"You could donate some money to a shipwright."
"Demand for medicine and weapons will certainly increase."
"Greed is, I think, the desire to thrive, rather than merely to survive. The desire to improve ones conditions. Greed is about what you want in life, not merely what you need."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 31, 2014, 09:12:48 pm »

Unfortunately for them, patents do not exist.
"Cim? Could you invent patents, please?"

Jeffrey advises that Yaos be less protective of the humans for the cause of increasing their independence and decreasing the amount of petty prayers.
"You think that'll work? Alright then."

The many people who attempted insurance fraud are now mourning and praying that you restore their houses. Your wiser followers are extremely irritated by their insolence and some of them are praying for you to punish them by scattering the food and furniture even more.
Granted, for most. Those who have the highest combination of being evil, not worshipping Me, and being disliked by their local community will have their property confiscated instead. The exceptions are those who actually have a valid claim, of course. Just who do they think they're dealing with? I am a god after all.

The human requesting the definition of "eldritch" seems somewhat satisfied but seems to want to see a demonstration of something that can be described as eldritch.
He is shown Grauel's primary form.

(The constellations have (so far) been chosen at random because we don't actually know how long each tick lasts. Any requests for changes should be sent to Anath, Mage of Shadow.)
"Anath, could you do me the favour of changing the Keshan constellation to The Staff? It only needs to be active for about a Tick."

The humans now have festivals to Varee and Joha, but the festival to Joha is currently undescribed while the festival to Varee is spreading everywhere and everywhen.
"If I can provide a suggestion, Joha, perhaps you might do something similar to what Varee does with his Mystic Snow? Instead of snow though, you can make unique plants that give off similar but different effects. From what I can tell, Varee's Snow makes people happy; what if your plants made them more....mellow? Calm? Satisfied? Just a suggestion. Oh! Before I forget, if you ever need a favour from me, just ask."

The Cim-derived concealment spells easily dissolve before Cim's efforts, revealing that they currently live under a Luminee town.
"The Light, if you might instruct your followers to surrender the Breaker Knights, or at the least to evacuate the town, that would be great."

((So the proposal to make the world wilder passed. How has that affected the world?))

Yaos listens to some prayers. She filters out the requests to become a god and the unimportant 'by Yaos' exclamations (but not the important ones). The only exceptions to this filter are when they're said by Heretics or Void associates.

Yaos checks to see how the Duondio is doing.

He then tries to find another inventor. This time, he looks for ones that really do want to make war machines or better weapons/armour and does for them what he did for the jelly maker guy.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 31, 2014, 09:18:55 pm »

"Could you please stop annoying the Underkings Yaos? Otherwise I fear I will get many more annoyed prayers from them."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 31, 2014, 09:41:56 pm »

"Stop with the what now? I haven't even interacted with them in like 2 Ticks. They be tripping."

((I honestly haven't given them any more dreams in a while. If I find out the GM's been giving them dreams and it's been costing me Essence I'm gonna be pissed.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 01, 2014, 01:28:32 am »

"Cim? Could you invent patents, please?"
Cim glares at Yaos wordlessly for a long, long time.

"Yes, I could. But why? Innovation should be shared, not monopolized."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1431 on: November 01, 2014, 02:37:17 am »

Varee visit the human festival and see if it is really that good?
Varee: It is that good! People are going wild and having a massive ruckus and everything is random. Let's hope, for the sake of maintaining a no-riot record, that neither you nor Yaos halt the flow of Mystic Snow, addictive as it is.

Azem:
"Thank you."
"I shall donate my fortune to a single shipwright. This ought to make things interesting!"
"I should start buying them up. Thanks!"
"You define greed well. I wish my colleagues would think of it as more than being shiny-crazy."

Yaos: Your least favorite fraudsters end up having their property confiscated. It seems that only two households actually had a valid claim, and the damage was limited to a broken table and a mess of rotten food respectively.

The human is impressed by Grauel's true form and runs off into the wilderness muttering.

(I have no idea. Anyone want to try organizing the beasts proposal?)

Here are some prayers (they will slow down or get progressively worse if you keep requesting them because I only have so many ideas and so much time):
"I want to eat some Mystic Snow but my parents won't let me."
"I wish I could fly off a cliff!"
"Almost all of the humans in our town serve Kli. What happened?"
"I wish we didn't have to eat my leg, but there wasn't much else in the Northern Lands."

The Duondio has opened a fairly successful but little-known bakery known for its delicious [sweet rolls]. This is certain to impact future magic skill positively for culinary purposes.

(Re Underkings: While you have not consumed additional Essence, you did seem very insistent on including this part:
...I also do a little INCEPTION on a Dwarven King to dig deeper. This idea will not naturally be removed.
...This idea will not naturally go away on its own...
...the INCEPTION he performed on the small group of deep-miners (now known as the Freeminers) was to DIG DEEPER with the caveat that the idea will not naturally go away on its own...
Basically, what happened was that they continued to receive the lasting dreams you paid so much for (since much of the cost was either opposing their individual preference or the aforementioned lasting influence part). I guess you could artificially remove them (for free) if you wanted.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 01, 2014, 02:53:35 am »

See how the blessed painter is doing, and check back on the Divine Library.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 01, 2014, 03:32:05 am »

(Huh. I thought I'd been spacing out the prayer request more than I have. Looking back I see that I was wrong. Oh well.)

(I just remembered that the whole dream stuff wasn't actually supposed to connect me directly and that it would've seemed (from the dwarves' perspectives) that they'd just been having weird dreams. Bah, too much canon is entrenched already. Guess I'll have to be more careful next time.)

(By 'the idea will not naturally go away on its own', I didn't mean that I continue to give them dreams, it means that the IDEA I implanted in the dream will take root and not go away naturally (i.e. it would take deliberate, focused attempts (magical or non-magical) to remove the idea or to make it so they'd be capable of not following through with the idea). Dreams were merely supposed to be the vehicle for implanting the idea - just like the film Inception. I'm in too deep though so I guess my less than subtle attempts at INCEPTION is canon. In any case, I'd like to cancel the dreams. If retconning the continuous dreams can be done for free that would be preferable, but whatever.)

"Yes, I could. But why? Innovation should be shared, not monopolized."
"One: because you're the god of order - not the god of freedom. Two: the existence of patents is inherently reliant on law, while the lack of them is not. Three: Slythan humans kind of need the jelly roll maker patent so they can reasonably compete with Gem Dragon economies while not starving. Without patents it will just get stolen by other races and they won't profit as well as they deserve."

The present human soul of the Duondio will go to the Human Plane when it dies. When the Duondio reincarnates next time, a replacement soul will be made that'll be roughly the same, but it'll also have an instinctual desire to help people with its powers. And by 'help people with its powers' I mean the whole fighting off monsters and saving villages and stuff - NOT just warming up fires for other people. The Duondio will from thereon reincarnate as normal.

((Just in case you missed them, there are some price checks and info requests that need to be done on the OOC thread. My bad if you just didn't have the time.))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 01, 2014, 03:41:57 am »

(Friendly reminder, I created two reptilian species.)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 01, 2014, 04:08:15 am »

"Hum." Anath muses. "What would the rest of you say to a proposal that we make two gas giants, one in each solar system, so that the solar systems have more then just our single inhabited planet in it?"
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 01, 2014, 04:19:08 am »

(Repost!)
"Anath, could you do me the favour of changing the Keshan constellation to The Staff? It only needs to be active for about a Tick."

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 01, 2014, 05:11:12 am »

"Ah? Why would you need The Staff to be active?"
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 01, 2014, 05:25:10 am »

"To give a Law and Travel boost to Lyle so he can have a safe journey to Gem Dragon lands and then sue the crap out of them."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 01, 2014, 05:41:06 am »

"One: because you're the god of order - not the god of freedom. Two: the existence of patents is inherently reliant on law, while the lack of them is not. Three: Slythan humans kind of need the jelly roll maker patent so they can reasonably compete with Gem Dragon economies while not starving. Without patents it will just get stolen by other races and they won't profit as well as they deserve."
"Believe it or not, but a market with certain freedoms causes much less corruption and chaos than one without them. While freely sharing ideas is not always very orderly, forcing corporate espionage would cause chaos behind the scenes, which is worse than some in plain view. As for competition, they simply have to make a better product than their competitors, not one only they can make, leading to a benevolent circle."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 475