Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615142 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T45: Development
« Reply #3240 on: November 26, 2014, 07:21:25 pm »

"Are delusional or just forgetful? You proceeded to attempt the murder of both Cim and Yaos.

"I was already convicted for a crime I had not committed at that point. I purposefully let Yaos live, while attempted to kill Cim was just good since. They had both proceeded to actually kill me, which nobody responded to in any way."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: November 26, 2014, 07:27:56 pm »

"I was already convicted for a crime I had not committed at that point. I purposefully let Yaos live, while attempted to kill Cim was just good since. They had both proceeded to actually kill me, which nobody responded to in any way."
"You know what I find odd? The way you excluded Serac there. he was just as much in the attack as us yet you're not even mentioning it. Considering Serac's undeniable dealings with the Void - not only speaking to them like Cim but actually creating a temple to them - and his part on the attack against STF I'm surprised you're not as angry with him as with me and Cim. The fact that he's very eager to have me killed for suspected Void dealings in comparison to his confirmed dealings, and THEN factoring in my very public hatred of the Void leads me to think he's trying to have me killed to silence me and win favour for himself with the Void! I also claim that YOU, Fusil, are helping him! Why else would you ignore his attack against you and his Void deals if not because you have aligned your goals with his?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: November 26, 2014, 07:31:09 pm »

"You continue to ignore everything that does not suit your view of the world. Such as the efforts of myself and the god of architecture."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: November 26, 2014, 07:32:05 pm »

"You know what I find odd? The way you excluded Serac there. he was just as much in the attack as us yet you're not even mentioning it. Considering Serac's undeniable dealings with the Void - not only speaking to them like Cim but actually creating a temple to them - and his part on the attack against STF I'm surprised you're not as angry with him as with me and Cim. The fact that he's very eager to have me killed for suspected Void dealings in comparison to his confirmed dealings, and THEN factoring in my very public hatred of the Void leads me to think he's trying to have me killed to silence me and win favour for himself with the Void! I also claim that YOU, Fusil, are helping him! Why else would you ignore his attack against you and his Void deals if not because you have aligned your goals with his?"

"I excluded Serac because he is actually being punished. My point was that you two got away with it completely, where as at least Serac is being imprisoned for it. You are much more of a danger than Serac is at the moment anyway, the stone army is dangerously close to my own men. "

"You continue to ignore everything that does not suit your view of the world. Such as the efforts of myself and the god of architecture."

"And what did you do about it? Stamp your feet and growl?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: November 26, 2014, 07:34:16 pm »

"Are delusional or just forgetful? You proceeded to attempt the murder of both Cim and Yaos.

Reeeeeeally? In any way?

Darruth is silent for a moment, as he processes the information, even after having returned his awareness to the Godly Realm. Then, something snaps.

What the fuck is this shit? I stop watching you deities for half-a-tick and a second shitstorm pops up? This is utterly godsdamned ridiculous.

After practically choking on his words and fury, he takes a moment to compose himself, though it's quite evident that what was snapped has not been unsnapped.

So let me figure something out. Let me make sure I know exactly what's happening right now.
You lot; Cim, Yaos, and Serac, lead an attack on the angels that were supposed to keep Fusil from dying while he was in stasis and we collected information about the events leading up to his assault on Cim
A Harbinger appeared out of nowhere, I have no idea what the fuck those things do
Fusil died during the attack on his guardian angels, and the council surveillance reports that the three of you murdered him.
The three of you, primarily Yaos, try to actually gain some shit out of this whole affair, and Yaos seems to be not only staying out of the trial involving him like his comrades are doing, but is trying to get as much power as possible from this shit-fest, it seems.

For Goodness' fucking sake, people. This is bullshit. And I am very, very disappointed in you, Yaos.

So, allow me to demonstrate, one at a time, why you guys fucked up. Whether you should be punished or not is a different matter.
A. We could have continued to keep Fusil sealed indefinitely, so it wasn't like he was an actual threat at the moment.
B. WHERE IS YOUR GODSDAMNED PROOF THAT HE PLANNED ANY OF THE SHIT YOU SAID HE DID? He claimed the exact same thing of you three when he attacked Cim! And this gives so much more credence to those claims. And don't try to bullshit this. I am the God of Goodness, and even if Truth isn't directly under Good, it's so very damnably close that I can assure you it will be trivial to ensure you can't lie to the Council on this.
C. If I fire a catapult at a castle that you are living in, and say it's justified because I wasn't attacking you, per se, it's still a bullshit argument. In addition to, Fusil tried using the exact same argument to get out of being in trouble with the council for attacking Cim by claiming that Tykki was the one to attack. And guess what?
That was bullshit too. Besides which, they were bound to protect him, so if you attacked them and something else killed him because they were dead or busy, you caused his death, indirectly or not.
D. Doing this shit in secret, rather than waiting for the council to vote on whether or not to execute him. That just makes you look bad.

And now, Yaos, allow me to demonstrate all of the flaws in your argument.
First off, fuck analogies. We're Gods. Mortal analogies don't apply. And shut up for a second about me using one earlier, fuck that one too, then.
Second off, there is a fucking difference between 'it's not specifically illegal' and 'legal rights'. 'Legal rights' are specifically outlined as your being allowed to do them. 'Not specifically illegal' can still be against the spirit of the law, which is the important part here. Nobody but you gives a shit about the letter of the law. And maybe Cim, but he's kinda obligated to do it so it's not his fault.
Third, for causing the wrongful death of a god based on trumped up conspiracy charges that you tried to carry out in secret? You don't deserve
shit. In fact, I would argue that you might even deserve to have some shit taken away as punishment. YOU CAUSED THE FUCKING DEATH. STOP BULLSHITTING, DAMNIT.
Fourth, actually, fine. Let's try an analogy. Your grenade blew up in the guy's house. The house collapses. The guy dies. STILL YOUR FAULT.
Fifth, your bullshit attempts at legal grounds, and trying to sue the Council for trying to stop you from breaking the spirit of the law, means you basically just lost all claim to legal credibility in terms of being allowed to represent yourself. Get Cim to do it instead; he'll be better anyway.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm pissed. This is what happens when you get a God of Goodness truly angry. Would you like me to continue? Or have you finished with the bullshit, and I can return to my usual self? I'd like to return to my usual self. Please stop bullshitting us? It's not working.

Support 37.00a
Support 37.01b, contingent on the action taken by the council for conviction being making the decision of punishment.
Support 37.02a

Council v. Cim, Serac, and Yaos

Council surveillance detected the defendants murdering Fusil. Automatically generated options are as follows:

37.01.a: Acquit Cim, Serac, and Yaos
+2 from Yaos, Joha
0 from Serac, Cim
-3 from Azem, Khaziraad, Darruth~

37.01.b: Convict Cim, Serac, and Yaos
+3 from Azem, Khaziraad, Darruth~
0 from Serac, Cim
-2 from Yaos, Joha

What were you saying again?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: November 26, 2014, 07:37:29 pm »

What were you saying again?

"The fact that all the measures but one failed means that what you had done amounted to nothing."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: November 26, 2014, 07:40:21 pm »

(I like how the this continued discussion of ancient history is mostly due to GM error during the first trial.)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: November 26, 2014, 08:36:59 pm »

"Merwen, you and the followers that journeyed with you should began crafting weapons and magical items."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: November 26, 2014, 09:25:39 pm »

"The fact that all the measures but one failed means that what you had done amounted to nothing."

*sigh*

You were imprisoned for attempted murder.

Yaos would have been imprisoned, but then he died, and we ended up being distracted by that mess.
Cim and Serac would have been punished as well, but again, we ended up being distracted, and then you returned, and basically said you were fine with it.

Yaos died several times, and lost one of his spheres, as a result of his crimes. Do you still desire his death solely because the two of you disagree?

"I have, in fact, sent my own Angels to defend the Seppo and Armu towns. These two 'facts' you brought up work together. I don't do it openly as everyone else had, because I have my suspicions Yaos would attempt to stop me. Do recall that even the giant Castle Archangel managed to get injured, there is no reason for my to loudly shot about who and what my Archangels are slaying at the moment."
But not to actually stop the invasion at it's source; unlike you. The best defense is a good offense, is not? Yet your angels act as buffers for your towns, rather than striking at the source of the danger.

"No, it was not. It was preventing me from stating my desire to kill Cim. It did not prevent me from being murdered. All this stupid, worthless, idiotic law prevents is yelling loudly about who you want to kill. So long as you do not publicly state your desire to murder someone it does nothing. You might as well say all it outlaws is saying you are going to kill someone, as it fails at everything else. My murderer has not been punished at all, you still let Yaos stand on my corpse despite all the facts pointing to him killing me! Let alone the other two, who blatantly assaulted my prison, not getting so much as a slap on the wrist. How do these laws work in any way?"
Before I respond, I'll say this: you were, in fact, trying to kill Cim, and the response the Council got because you broke the law meant you were unable to. It prevented you from murdering. As much as I wish I could, I cannot force you to see reason. *sigh* They work quite well, if one looks at it from the perspective of Talonis Rex: You attempted to kill someone, or several someones, and they, in turn, ended up killing you. Very few of the facts actually point to Yaos intentionally killing you; most things you refer to as facts are assumptions and hearsay; most of it made by yourself. When you are ready to use reason and sense, rather than wild conjecture and outlandish claims, to support your case, come back. Until then, we are done with this argument.

"Effectively, if 60% of us team up, the other half is just fodder. That is how your idiotic laws currently work. This isn't a democracy, it is a mob rule that just happens to benefit you. You are just making it a matter of numbers rather than strength. "
And you've seen how difficult it can be to get to that point. Besides which, I have my suspicions that if 40% of the council opposed something, and the other 60% supported it, there would be a lot more conflict than a simple vote, in the end.

But I have multiple ways to respond to you, here, so let's look at all of them.
It is a matter of strength, just not brute strength (sometimes, even, it's that too; the might of the council). Strength of diplomacy, strength of alliances, and most of all, strength in numbers.
How surprising, that the God of Weapons would want things to be solved in the way that benefits him most. How very unexpected.
Democracy and mob rule are surprisingly similar; it is in fact, a democracy. It's simply one that doesn't benefit you, and so you dislike it.

"Isn't the fact my towns are not falling as the others are show that I am, in fact, doing far more to stop them then you are? You are insulting me..."
And you insult just about every member of this council on a regular basis. If you wish to be shown respect, you must show respect. You have consistently failed to do anything of the sort, so I fail to see any reason for me to do so towards you.

As to your question; there are a great many flaws in that logic, the first of which being that the first notice we had of the stoNe meN, was when several towns were destroyed. Secondly, it does not show that whatsoever, because the fact of the matter is that you aren't doing anything to stop them. You're leaving them behind to cower around your cities, in the hopes that should we fail, you might last another day or two against the tide of statues. Thirdly, by your logic, I would in fact be doing the most of all, because my towns will never fall, because I have no towns. Fourthly, it is a concerted effort, not an individualistic protection of towns, and thus you are, again, refraining from helping us, in the hopes that we can take care of it without yourself having to lift a finger.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3249 on: November 26, 2014, 09:48:10 pm »

My towns will not fall, because they are built on turtles...
How did the Nothing react to Billy, Angela and I asking them to stop?

If it didn't work, prevent anything being created in the human capital.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: November 26, 2014, 09:59:01 pm »

You were imprisoned for attempted murder.

"I had not attempted murder, thus it was a false charge."

Cim and Serac would have been punished as well, but again, we ended up being distracted, and then you returned, and basically said you were fine with it.

"Do you have no memory? I am the one who brought up charges against them, because of the completely pathetic failing of the last one."

Yaos died several times, and lost one of his spheres, as a result of his crimes. Do you still desire his death solely because the two of you disagree?

"He killed me. Him dying twice because of that is his own fault, he needs to be punished more. The fact that he just summoned an army that slaughtered at the very least thousands is proof of that, is it not?"

But not to actually stop the invasion at it's source; unlike you. The best defense is a good offense, is not? Yet your angels act as buffers for your towns, rather than striking at the source of the danger.

"You don't know what my Angels are doing. I am keeping my followers protected. That is my duty. Anything I do over that is just going above and beyond. I don't see your Angels or races on the firing line..."

Before I respond, I'll say this: you were, in fact, trying to kill Cim,

"That was an outright lie. You where not even around for it, assuming you had any idea what was going on is simply insulting."

They work quite well, if one looks at it from the perspective of Talonis Rex: You attempted to kill someone, or several someones, and they, in turn, ended up killing you.

"I did not, until I was charged with it. Then they killed me without facing charges. This system is broken, and you are an absulute idiot not to see that. Any mortal could tell you this was a bad law."

Very few of the facts actually point to Yaos intentionally killing you; most things you refer to as facts are assumptions and hearsay; most of it made by yourself. When you are ready to use reason and sense, rather than wild conjecture and outlandish claims, to support your case, come back. Until then, we are done with this argument.

"What? Are you an absolute moron? You can try searching yourself. All facts lead to Yaos killing me. You have not disproved this, and I have brought forth evidence for it. You main dismissal of this is that it was me bringing it up. Because that somehow makes it wrong? Yaos brought together a group to attack my jail cell. I die. Yaos gets some essence income. When I return, the void kills Yaos because the deal was broken. All these are facts that you could check with little effort. These are hardly wild and outlandish claims."

And you've seen how difficult it can be to get to that point. Besides which, I have my suspicions that if 40% of the council opposed something, and the other 60% supported it, there would be a lot more conflict than a simple vote, in the end.

"This has happened many times before without open conflict. You have proven once again to be a horrible judge of character, basing assumptions on things you know nothing about on stereotypes."

It is a matter of strength, just not brute strength (sometimes, even, it's that too; the might of the council). Strength of diplomacy, strength of alliances, and most of all, strength in numbers.

"Strength in numbers is just another way to say mob rule, when applied to law."

How surprising, that the God of Weapons would want things to be solved in the way that benefits him most. How very unexpected.

"The way things are solved now ends up with me being killed, my killers walking free, and some halfwit trying to lecture me on the law. Of course I want something that benefits me more than that."

Democracy and mob rule are surprisingly similar; it is in fact, a democracy. It's simply one that doesn't benefit you, and so you dislike it.

"Doesn't benefit me? It killed me. For no reason. If mortals had done this, lynching a man in prison, it would be called a great injustice. But your opinion of me has clouded your already poor judgment. The current laws murdered me. My murderers received no punishment. This. Is. Broken."

And you insult just about every member of this council on a regular basis. If you wish to be shown respect, you must show respect. You have consistently failed to do anything of the sort, so I fail to see any reason for me to do so towards you.

"I am your elder, superior to you in every way. Is that not enough reason to show respect?"

As to your question; there are a great many flaws in that logic, the first of which being that the first notice we had of the stoNe meN, was when several towns were destroyed.

"I fail to see your point here."

Secondly, it does not show that whatsoever, because the fact of the matter is that you aren't doing anything to stop them. You're leaving them behind to cower around your cities, in the hopes that should we fail, you might last another day or two against the tide of statues.

"Again, I say that you are an absolute idiot. I am fighting them, you have no clue how I am doing it, my tactics, or even what I am using. I am not nuking things for the entire council to see, considering that tactic got the God of Architecture's servant gravely injured. That does not mean I am not fighting them, and if you expect every battle to go like that you are simply a moron."

Thirdly, by your logic, I would in fact be doing the most of all, because my towns will never fall, because I have no towns.

"How is that even remotely related? I protect my people, as is my duty. The fact you have nobody to protect does not mean you are doing more than I."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: November 26, 2014, 10:10:28 pm »

(Now I remember what I was going to do.)

The Imperial Human army marches out to fight the Stone Men and prevent them from reaching further town. The Humanos Regiments and the Paladins will help in this regard.

The Ninjas will work to find out where specifically they are appearing from inside the capital.

The Inquisition is told to bring in as many Void cultists alive as possible and to interrogate them on their knowledge of the Stone Men, their creation, ways to prevent their creation, and ways to actually control the bloody things. They are told to keep all but the most dangerous cultists in custody afterwards so that Yaos may trade them for the Puzzlebox.

A regiment of the Imperial Army along with Lee will begin evacuating the entire capital of Humans.

The Imperial Ikakus are asked to start blasting the Stone Men as they march out from the capital but with explicit instructions to remain alive and retreat if they have to. Tory, Yaos (wielding an Orb of Ambition), Lette, and Vaal will help the Ikakus in this regard.

Propaganda starring Yaos, Serac, and Fusil is released. The propaganda shows Yaos in a heroic light, proposing that all the gods unite in their fight against the Void. Fusil is depicted as a Grouchy McScrooge type character opposing everything Yaos suggests. Serac is depicted as demanding Yaos' death for conspiring with the Void while attempting to cover up a Void temple that he - Serac - made by throwing a blanket over it. Both Fusil and Serac are depicted as shadowy figures contrasting to Yaos being covered in light. They are also made to look uglier while Yaos is made to look more handsome and heroic.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:13:14 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: November 26, 2014, 10:16:02 pm »

Azem and the Shiny Ones assist Yaos and co.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: November 26, 2014, 10:17:07 pm »

Propaganda starring Yaos, Serac, and Fusil is released. The propaganda shows Yaos in a heroic light, proposing that all the gods unite in their fight against the Void. Fusil is depicted as a Grouchy McScrooge type character opposing everything Yaos suggests. Serac is depicted as demanding Yaos' death for conspiring with the Void while attempting to cover up a Void temple that he - Serac - made by throwing a blanket over it. Both Fusil and Serac are depicted as shadowy figures contrasting to Yaos being covered in light. They are also made to look uglier while Yaos is made to look more handsome and heroic.

I draw a mustache, glasses, a unibrow, and anything else I can think of on Yaos on all of these. Literally all of them.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3254 on: November 26, 2014, 10:20:23 pm »

The source of the iNcuRsioN seems to be a grand temple to Yaos.
I already found where they are coming from. Your temple...

Change Yaos' posters to make the void temple into Yaos's temple, with stoNe meN pouring out.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 475