Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617038 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T79: Gambit pileup
« Reply #4710 on: December 29, 2014, 11:16:15 pm »

((See, I was gonna say thanks for trying to be friendly, and apologize for snapping at you, since I'm just in a bad mood right now for unrelated reasons and reacted unfairly, but then you go and link to a video on repeat calling me stupid. What did you think that would accomplish, besides being rude?))

(The main goal was using the Giff thing I hadn't gotten a chance to use yet. It was a complete success!)

Honestly, Fusil, I have no idea what you will or will not consider an insult. From where I stand, it seems entirely arbitrary. So I don't really bother with trying to avoid it anymore; at least as far as I am aware, an accusation, observation, or statement is only insulting if it is intentional, close to home, and said by an equal. Which is why I don't feel insulted when a Mortal or Angel(I'm referring to Yaos' angels right now, by the way, though you probably knew that) is 'insulting'. In any case, that's certainly a relief. There is a certain proposed law(in the 'laws of physics' sense of the word) named after a mortal, whose name I cannot remember, but it goes along the lines of 'the parody of an extremist position is indistinguishable from an actual extremist position.' So I couldn't be entirely sure.

"Speaking of arbitrary, you seem to arbitrarily make up meanings to words. Has anyone ever used the term "insult" in the way you choose to, yet alone what you seem to think "Goodness" is. And yet, you claim I am the arrogant one as you state how more important you are compared to Angels and Mortals, setting yourself so far above them that their insults don't touch your ears? The rest of your sentence must have come from some form of head trauma, as I cannot make it out rationally what you are attempting to say."

It is a start, which seems to be more than you are currently doing at the very least(and before you grow inordinately offended, keep in mind that it is true for the moment and all you must do to rectify that is begin something of your own that I can see, for obviously if you did it in secret I wouldn't know you'd done it. *sighs*), and moreover, we both know how long the Council takes in order to take action. That said, I might as well begin the proposal in the hopes that maybe they'll miraculously do something inside of a tick. Can't harm anything, at least...

"More than I am currently doing? In case you haven't noticed, I have already figure out what is going on, and I did that publicly. Considering that small but vital step is at least ten times what you are currently doing, which amounts to nothing. Do you think before you speak? Do you think at all? Perhaps you really are a puppet, seeing how hollow your head is. The Council isn't necessary, we are Gods. They are an assembly of Mortals. If we act quickly we can get this finished before the Void gets their roots deeper."

And again, I must ask; if you insult others so freely, why do you expect them to do anything else to you? Contempt breeds resentment, not obedience.

"Seeing as you seem to insult me just as freely, couldn't I ask you the same?"

Propose we deal with the Summoning and/or other new Void Activity in a way that keeps the influence from spreading

"This will end up doing nothing. That is pretty clear. I suppose I can support it, but I do not see it doing very well."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:31:26 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: December 29, 2014, 11:27:18 pm »

There is a certain proposed law(in the 'laws of physics' sense of the word) named after a mortal, whose name I cannot remember, but it goes along the lines of 'the parody of an extremist position is indistinguishable from an actual extremist position.' So I couldn't be entirely sure.
Poe's Law.

Propose we deal with the Summoning and/or other new Void Activity in a way that keeps the influence from spreading
"Making a proposal as vague as this is useless and a total waste of time. Abstain. Let's think of an actual plan to deal with the Void instead of simply saying that we will, somehow. Also, Azem still needs to be tried for his economy stuff so I propose that he unmakes the Gruen plague."

"Speaking of arbitrary, you seem to arbitrarily make up meanings to words. Has anyone ever used the term "insult" in the way you choose to, yet alone what you seem to think "Goodness" is. And yet, you claim I am the arrogant one as you state how more important you are compared to Angels and Mortals, setting yourself so far above them that their insults don't touch your ears? The rest of your sentence must have come from some form of head trauma, as I cannot make it out rationally what you are attempting to say."
"I have to agree with Fusil here, on both counts. An insult is an insult no matter what issuing person's station. Also, to think that mortals are that far beneath us is demeaning to them. I don't agree on his assessment of the state of your mental and physical health, though."

"Seeing as you seem to insult me just as freely, couldn't I ask you the same?"
I imagine he said this as a girl. His new primary form is a female between the ages of 13 and 26. It is cannon.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: December 29, 2014, 11:36:45 pm »

I imagine he said this as a girl. His new primary form is a female between the ages of 13 and 26. It is cannon.

(Bishoujo Fusil? I thought that was Tykki's job!)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: December 30, 2014, 12:00:44 am »

Azem sighs.

"Fusil Armsbearer, your behavior is beneath your station. You are a god. Act like it. Stop behaving like a mortal child."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: December 30, 2014, 12:16:41 am »

(Bishoujo Fusil? I thought that was Tykki's job!)
(I imagine Tykki as an obese woman with a gun. Remember how you were all discussing her name way back when? That's canon.)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:31:34 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: December 30, 2014, 01:29:28 am »

"Fusil, let me humor you and consider your way of dealing with the Void and the Null. The question is, how do you intend to defeat them? You have already told how you intend to fight them, but we are at a disadvantage and don't have the resources for too great an eternal war."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: December 30, 2014, 01:40:23 am »

(I imagine Tykki as an obese woman with a gun. Remember how you were all discussing her name way back when? That's canon.)

(The real question is, how do YOU remember? That was before you where born, by a long time...)

"Fusil, let me humor you and consider your way of dealing with the Void and the Null. The question is, how do you intend to defeat them? You have already told how you intend to fight them, but we are at a disadvantage and don't have the resources for too great an eternal war."

"We need not fly out into the Void and put a bullet in whatever we find to be the Void leader. We just need to push them out of our bubble. As I believe I had made very very clear in the past, the Void have no power in this bubble that we do not give them. If we do not give them power, or we defeat the Gods who do, then they are harmless to us. If we stop the summoning, the Null who is being summoned cannot touch us. If we can remove the corruption that has already been brought in by you and the other God's foolishness, then continue to ignore the Void, we will have won. We won't have an eternal war, we won't have to gun down legions of Null, we will just have to push them out and ignore them."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: December 30, 2014, 01:52:05 am »

"the Void have no power in this bubble that we do not give them. If we do not give them power, or we defeat the Gods who do, then they are harmless to us."
"False. They can't gain Essence without cultists, but Void Energy comes from the Bubble's mere existence. They have power here (just not of creation), whether we want it or not, unless we get extremely creative."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: December 30, 2014, 01:53:23 am »

I think I forgot to say this, but I support 75.01.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: December 30, 2014, 01:56:27 am »

"False. They can't gain Essence without cultists, but Void Energy comes from the Bubble's mere existence. They have power here (just not of creation), whether we want it or not, unless we get extremely creative."

"Void Energy is not real power. On its own, it is relatively harmless. Are you saying that, on its own, the Void Energy is a real threat? We are hardly about to get into an eternal war on what amounts to radiation."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: December 30, 2014, 02:09:59 am »

"Void Energy is a real power, one of entropy, change, destruction and/or corruption, in contrast to the power of creation given by Essence. Is Essence a threat on its own? No, I'm not saying that Void energy is dangerous (though it might be, I've avoided contact as much as possible). I'm saying the Bubble's static existence in the ever-changing churn is a huge spot of entropy, generating Void Energy usable to any Null who happens to be in the radiation's way. Thus, a war would be as eternal as this Bubble is."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: December 30, 2014, 02:28:30 am »

(The real question is, how do YOU remember? That was before you where born, by a long time...)
(You don't honestly think I would jump into a thread without reading all the previous posts, do you? Besides, it wasn't that long of a time before I was born.)

"I'm saying the Bubble's static existence in the ever-changing churn is a huge spot of entropy, generating Void Energy usable to any Null who happens to be in the radiation's way."
"How could you have kept this information from us!? If it's the Bubbles static existence that powers the Void, then all we need to do is change it from a static existence to a dynamic one. How we go about doing that, I don't know, but it's a decent end goal if anything."

Propose a barrier to prevent communication outside the Bubble. Of course, we don't have enough power to stop the Nulls from communicating inwards, but what we can do is prevent all Bubble-dwellers from communicating with anything that goes beyond the barrier. At the very least, it should stop gods and other beings from asking for Void deals.

Propose that we remove all Void texts, monuments, temples, and whatever other Void stuff was built by gods. If this proposal passes, ALL gods must contribute to the proposal to prevent the things from not being destroyed like how only Serac could destroy the temple he built to the Void.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: December 30, 2014, 02:34:53 am »

"Void Energy is a real power, one of entropy, change, destruction and/or corruption, in contrast to the power of creation given by Essence. Is Essence a threat on its own? No, I'm not saying that Void energy is dangerous (though it might be, I've avoided contact as much as possible). I'm saying the Bubble's static existence in the ever-changing churn is a huge spot of entropy, generating Void Energy usable to any Null who happens to be in the radiation's way. Thus, a war would be as eternal as this Bubble is."

"That is not relevant. The only way they can get any soldiers in an eternal war would be if we created them ourselves. As I said, they haven no power that we do not give them. They may be able to corrupt our followers some how, but it is only the week who fall to them, and we can one day find a way to rid ourselves of that. Even if every Null in existence rushes our bubble, it will not matter so long as we do not leave the door open for them. What do you fear will assault us?"

(You don't honestly think I would jump into a thread without reading all the previous posts, do you? Besides, it wasn't that long of a time before I was born.)

(Everyone else seems to have, especially now that there are hundreds of pages  ???)

"How could you have kept this information from us!? If it's the Bubbles static existence that powers the Void, then all we need to do is change it from a static existence to a dynamic one. How we go about doing that, I don't know, but it's a decent end goal if anything."

"No. No. Don't. I have many records of entire bubbles being devastated by that. The bubbles where completely destroyed when the Null forced them to move, if we do not remain stationary to the Null baycenter all of creation will be destroyed. Likely including us."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: December 30, 2014, 02:44:55 am »

"Ah. I appear to fallen so far beneath the notice of the almighty Fusil that he can't even hear my insults anymore."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4724 on: December 30, 2014, 02:47:12 am »

To the mortals:
Do you want to play a game with me? A game, for Immortality? All you need to do is make a sacrifice.
If a mortal wishes to gamble with me, they can make a sacrifice. The sacrifice will sink into the ground and open a portal to my plane. Then they can walk through and play some games with me.
If they win, they can drink from the font of souls (A gigantic skull filled with the energy of the dead) and gain a much longer life span. If they lose, the font will take the time they gambled and their body will be turned to dust to feed The Lunagee.
They can gamble with their own lifespan and the life that their sacrifice(s) would have had.

Also create a set of talking skulls in each of my temples that will tell a mortal how, where or when they will die when sacrificed to, but each mortal can only know one.

Propose a barrier to prevent communication outside the Bubble. Of course, we don't have enough power to stop the Nulls from communicating inwards, but what we can do is prevent all Bubble-dwellers from communicating with anything that goes beyond the barrier. At the very least, it should stop gods and other beings from asking for Void deals.

Propose that we remove all Void texts, monuments, temples, and whatever other Void stuff was built by gods. If this proposal passes, ALL gods must contribute to the proposal to prevent the things from not being destroyed like how only Serac could destroy the temple he built to the Void.
Why would you want to do that?
Oppose both of these.

Even if every Null in existence rushes our bubble, it will not matter so long as we do not leave the door open for them. What do you fear will assault us?"
The bubbles were completely destroyed when the Null forced them to move.
Fusil, you're silly.

Listen to some prayers.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 475