Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617166 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T79: Gambit pileup
« Reply #4725 on: December 30, 2014, 02:52:10 am »

"How could you have kept this information from us!? If it's the Bubbles static existence that powers the Void, then all we need to do is change it from a static existence to a dynamic one. How we go about doing that, I don't know, but it's a decent end goal if anything."
"I only recently learned of this. And changing the Bubble to a dynamic existence would be the same as making it like the rest of the Churn. A Bad IdeaTM."

Propose a barrier to prevent communication outside the Bubble. Of course, we don't have enough power to stop the Nulls from communicating inwards, but what we can do is prevent all Bubble-dwellers from communicating with anything that goes beyond the barrier. At the very least, it should stop gods and other beings from asking for Void deals.
Abstain. "I am ambivalent. Pass would hurt information-gathering, failure would leave said deals open for irresponsible beings."

Propose that we remove all Void texts, monuments, temples, and whatever other Void stuff was built by gods. If this proposal passes, ALL gods must contribute to the proposal to prevent the things from not being destroyed like how only Serac could destroy the temple he built to the Void.
Oppose. "The monuments and temples ought to go, I agree, but the texts are one of our few safe sources of information."

"That is not relevant. The only way they can get any soldiers in an eternal war would be if we created them ourselves. As I said, they haven no power that we do not give them. They may be able to corrupt our followers some how, but it is only the week who fall to them, and we can one day find a way to rid ourselves of that. Even if every Null in existence rushes our bubble, it will not matter so long as we do not leave the door open for them. What do you fear will assault us?"
"I have many strategies that do not require creation, but I will not share them, in case I need to use them in the future. If I can do so with Essence, how well do you expect the Null to do so with power specialized to doing so?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: December 30, 2014, 03:00:56 am »

"Ah. I appear to fallen so far beneath the notice of the almighty Fusil that he can't even hear my insults anymore."

"That seems rather childish of you to say. Is that what you wanted me to respond? I had assumed you went back to sleep, and would not bother the adults while we talk about something that could end an entire world."

Fusil, you're silly.

"They where invited in. In fact, it is one of the goals of the so called benevolent Luminants. They wish to use our Bubble as a spring board to escape their own orbits, moving and destroying us in the process. If we do not assist them in any way, our bubble will not move. If we help the Luminants, we are pushing them one step closer to destroying everything."

"I have many strategies that do not require creation, but I will not share them, in case I need to use them in the future. If I can do so with Essence, how well do you expect the Null to do so with power specialized to doing so?"

"They require you to actively use essence, do they not? Or, at the very least, use the power and influence you have as a God. The Null can simply not use their powers in such a way without an invitation signed by a God. Essentially, any use of Essence is creation, whether objects or energy."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: December 30, 2014, 03:09:23 am »

"They where invited in. In fact, it is one of the goals of the so called benevolent Luminants. They wish to use our Bubble as a spring board to escape their own orbits, moving and destroying us in the process. If we do not assist them in any way, our bubble will not move. If we help the Luminants, we are pushing them one step closer to destroying everything."
"Interesting. I find it hard to believe they would be that dumb. Do you know what the Liminals and Umbrals are up to, then?"

"They require you to actively use essence, do they not? Or, at the very least, use the power and influence you have as a God."
"Not all of them, actually."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: December 30, 2014, 03:22:04 am »

"Interesting. I find it hard to believe they would be that dumb. Do you know what the Liminals and Umbrals are up to, then?"

"Find it hard to believe who would be that dumb, exactly? Our bubble has shown how untrue that is, if you mean the Gods. How many Gods have made these secret deals for power, not even understanding the end goal of the being at the other end of the deal? You yourself talk to one quite frequently, pretending like nobody else can hear you. We know of multiple deals that have been made, at least a fourth of the Gods had played into their hands. If you mean the Luminants, they do not care for the bubble in reality and will do whatever it takes to meet their goal.

As for their goals, I have an idea of what the Luminants want. Some records have shown this, I found them in my last trek to the library. I will gladly share a copy if necessary. (OOC, they are some of the minimalist versions. Can't copy/paste it here, but you can ask KJP to confirm I guess.) Their goal is, as you know, to track down the Umbral Hadal-tier. As you may not know, they are trapped in orbit. In order to get out, they need to use a bubble as a kind of spring board. That is their end goal, why they mettle in our bubble, and how they will destroy us if we are not careful.'

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: December 30, 2014, 03:34:14 am »

In order to get out, they need to use a bubble as a kind of spring board. That is their end goal, why they mettle in our bubble, and how they will destroy us if we are not careful.
"If that is true, then we definitely should get communications up and not alienate them, because we, with a bit of clever use of power, can give them what they want with no harm to ourselves beyond some Essence. I could even do it myself, at a higher cost. As they seem willing to make deals, why not make one?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: December 30, 2014, 03:40:27 am »

"Telling the truth is suddenly childish? Surely the almighty Fusil can do better than throwing my own insult back at me."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: December 30, 2014, 03:58:41 am »

"If that is true, then we definitely should get communications up and not alienate them, because we, with a bit of clever use of power, can give them what they want with no harm to ourselves beyond some Essence. I could even do it myself, at a higher cost. As they seem willing to make deals, why not make one?"

"I see that you have already put some thought into this, haven't you? Have they really gotten you so convinced that even knowing the truth in what happens will not show you the error of your ways? That is a lie. The Null that told you that is lying so he may escape his own orbit. The cost of that would be our bubble and our lives. Look into the records and you can see I am telling the truth. If it was possible before, then why would the Luminants let all the other bubbles be destroyed? They where also their allies. I will make this clear, it is impossible to accomplish their goals without harming us. If you attempt to continue with this, I will have to stop you by any means necessary. Even if it was somehow possible, and the Luminants knew this, it would simply mean they are psychopaths who are not worth dealing with. Why should we talk with them? All it does is give them more power and more influence over you. If we ignore them completely, they can not do anything in our bubble. Or more importantly, too it.

Now there is a massive summoning ritual going on. We will have to stop it, or we will be destroyed, in time. Do you deny this?"

"Telling the truth is suddenly childish? Surely the almighty Fusil can do better than throwing my own insult back at me."

"How about this? You are stupid enough that, while the galaxy is in danger, your biggest concern is that you are not sufficiently insulted?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: December 30, 2014, 04:02:17 am »

"Propose we shut Fusil up, permanently."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: December 30, 2014, 04:07:32 am »

"I can't tell if you're serious, or just taking the opportunity to further annoy Fusil. Either way, I approve."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: December 30, 2014, 04:18:56 am »

"I have enough firepower to level both of you and all of your creations with the snap of my fingers."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: December 30, 2014, 04:21:11 am »

"I have enough firepower to level both of you and all of your creations with the snap of my fingers."
"Of course you do. Whatever makes you feel special  :P"
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: December 30, 2014, 04:28:03 am »

"Actually, I have been looking to give a demonstration since the last upgrade. Would you care for a wager? I bet that Tykki, on her own, could defeat everything you have ever created in combat. At once. Azem can join, too. We will fight in the "Death Battle Plane", so none of your creatures deaths will stick. Tykki VS all of Azem and your creations. If my Tykki wins, you will give me 10 essence. If my Tykki looses, I will give you 10 essence. If any Gods intervene, the match will be considered a draw and no payments will be made. Unless it was a participant, in which case the other side will win. Sound good?"

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: December 30, 2014, 04:32:35 am »

"Actually, I have been looking to give a demonstration since the last upgrade. Would you care for a wager? I bet that Tykki, on her own, could defeat everything you have ever created in combat. At once. Azem can join, too. We will fight in the "Death Battle Plane", so none of your creatures deaths will stick. Tykki VS all of Azem and your creations. If my Tykki wins, you will give me 10 essence. If my Tykki looses, I will give you 10 essence. If any Gods intervene, the match will be considered a draw and no payments will be made. Unless it was a participant, in which case the other side will win. Sound good?"
"No thanks. Unlike you, I have no massive ego to please or competence to prove."
Retired/Extended Sigs

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: December 30, 2014, 04:42:15 am »

"I see that you have already put some thought into this, haven't you?"
"No, I hadn't. My thesis is, we shouldn't be too hasty. Noting that you have got to the point of casting baseless accusations, I have considered your plans enough. I will continue to fight on my own front. This conversation is over."

"Now there is a massive summoning ritual going on. We will have to stop it, or we will be destroyed, in time. Do you deny this?"
"Go ahead and do what you deem necessary. I will do so as well. But remember, every action and inaction has consequences."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: December 30, 2014, 04:45:12 am »

"No thanks. Unlike you, I have no massive ego to please or competence to prove."

"I could always demonstrate in reality. After all, you did just cause another huge epidemic, if I am not mistaken. Why do you continue with that? It should be obvious to everyone who the culprit is. I am surprised nobody has attempted to retaliate yet."

"No, I hadn't. My thesis is, we shouldn't be too hasty. Noting that you have got to the point of casting baseless accusations, I have considered your plans enough. I will continue to fight on my own front. This conversation is over."

"Is it now? Yet you have more to say? My accusations are based in reality. How could you know that you could do something without thought? You are so sure of yourself, you must have put some effort into finding out that this was possible as you say it is, or you would not have brought it up."

"Go ahead and do what you deem necessary. I will do so as well. But remember, every action and inaction has consequences."

"I was just waiting for your permission, Cim. Or maybe I was going to do that anyway?"

Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 475