Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615172 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T86: Deposition of Distress
« Reply #5055 on: January 06, 2015, 05:51:45 pm »

"Who do you think did it?"

"You. You drained Serac's essence thinking I would not notice. If you hadn't used any essence, you would have had 21 capacity."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: January 06, 2015, 05:59:35 pm »

"Who do you think did it?"

"You. You drained Serac's essence thinking I would not notice. If you hadn't used any essence, you would have had 21 capacity."
"Right, except I wouldn't. I've just now reached 20E, so it's unlikely my essence capacity would come up when I only gained 2E over it for 1 tick. How bad are you at math, Fusil?"

(OOC: If I remember correctly, last time the GM talked about this, he said each essence over max income had a 5% chance of raising the capacity. This was just one of the 9 out of 10 times I wasn't lucky.)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:12:15 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: January 06, 2015, 06:04:56 pm »

"Fortunafortunafortunafortuna YES!"

Temporarily curse anyone who mentions my name out loud ((unless it's waaay too expensive. Anymore than 2E is too much, at this point...))

"Did you know I am so lucky I cannot ever die or grow old? Let's play cards!"

Appear before this being. Examine them closely to make sure they aren't cheating in some capacity. Remove a deck of cards from a pocket, and start shuffling them expertly, smilingly benignly.

What makes you believe you are so lucky as to not age or die, my friend?

Raise an eyebrow, amused.

Indeed, does that also make you lucky enough to defeat me in a game of chance, I wonder?

"We have been lucky to have such a high yields in this time of failure!""

visit the farmers as my avatar, ask for a place to stay overnight and encourage them over the course of the evening to donate some of their extra crops to my temples.

Also, separate to this, advertise the fact my temples provide alms to those in need

"Not even anywhere close. Even if we gave everyone magic, if everyone combined their powers together, the'd only be able to stop one or two gods at the most from doing ONE thing."

I'm still reticent to give all mortals the ability to use magic. Even if they could only stop one god doing one thing, what do you think that's going to do in regards to belief in gods in general? Mortals exerting they're will over us, even in a tiny way, is unacceptable.

"We gain a few things by giving them magic. Our artificial limiter might actually be dampening our Essence income - unlikely but possible - and mortals everywhere would greatly appreciate it. Even better is that they'll stop making Void backs. I oppose your proposal simply because I want mortals to be strong on their own. Even if we didn't get anything out of it - and so long as it didn't help the Void - I'd vote to give them magic anyway."

I'm unconvinced that an artificial limiter on magic is also limiting our Essence generation. I require evidence, concrete and incontrovertible, that this is happening before I'll even consider supporting to remove limits.

You also claim you want mortals to be strong on their own, yet you want to give them the use of magic? A literal gift from the gods? No. Like I say, if a mortal wants magic, they must petition a god, not the Void. This will go someway toward reducing the number of Void pacts. Unless there's another reason that they're making pacts...

"This isn't likely to work. Other gods have tried lesser punishments for the same crimes and all it did was make people dislike the gods more. If we're going to do this, it's best to ease into it with one proposal at a time. Blocking Void magic is the first step."

Perhaps we should be looking at the reasons why the mortals are making their pacts with the Void. If it's just magic, then yes, blocking Void-worshipers magic will more than likely put a stop to any further Void-worship. If it's something else, something insidious, it won't make a difference, therefore we will need to punish people.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: January 06, 2015, 06:10:35 pm »

"Right, except I wouldn't. I've just now reached 20E, so it's unlikely my essence capacity would come up when I only gained 2E over it for 1 tick. How bad are you at math, Fusil?"

"It seems to be working fine for other Gods with similar essence capacity. Like the God of Blood. Do you have another who would even act as a possible culprit for all this random death and destruction? The drownings, the disease, and now this?"

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: January 06, 2015, 06:16:11 pm »

"It seems to be working fine for other Gods with similar essence capacity. Like the God of Blood. Do you have another who would even act as a possible culprit for all this random death and destruction? The drownings, the disease, and now this?"
"Who doesn't hate Fusil? My, that is a tough question.

Varee may not be as inactive as you think."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: January 06, 2015, 06:20:12 pm »

"I don't care how everyone else seems to ignore the diseases and other assaults on their followers. I don't yet know if this was a way to get around my plague defenses, or a foolish act by a stupid God for an unknowable reason."
"I actually asked which god or gods were responsible for the plagues and the Oracle said no god was responsible - the same answer Tykki got. Perhaps the Lich is attacking races that are devout in their worship? Humans to Yaos, Kobolds to KI'Tork, and now the Armu to you."

I use my God Vision to see where the souls go. Are they reincarnating or going to an afterlife as normal or are they going somewhere else like the Void or to a necromancer?

You also claim you want mortals to be strong on their own, yet you want to give them the use of magic? A literal gift from the gods?
"Technically, we wouldn't be giving them magic so much as giving them back magic. Magic isn't drawn from the gods (except for Divine magic) - it's drawn from the soul itself."

Perhaps we should be looking at the reasons why the mortals are making their pacts with the Void. If it's just magic, then yes, blocking Void-worshipers magic will more than likely put a stop to any further Void-worship. If it's something else, something insidious, it won't make a difference, therefore we will need to punish people.
"We have no proof that the widespread use of Void pacts is for anything other than magic. There are some Void worshippers that use their power for great evil but they're systematically destroyed by mortal governments and even other, more moderate Void cults."

"Could the other gods please oppose Proposal 85.04? I really, REALLY don't want to lose my spheres because of some petty joke. This is actually rather terrifying. I don't want to lose all that I am for someone's cheap amusement. Please don't do this!"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:21:49 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: January 06, 2015, 06:22:31 pm »

Support 85.04
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:36:20 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Retired/Extended Sigs

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: January 06, 2015, 06:23:40 pm »

Proposal 85.04: DENIED

"Parasitic Monsters, That is rather unsettling, Hopefully they won't be able to spread to Nikjol, What kind of Preventive Measures should we take Fusil? You're the Weapons Deity, What should we fight them with?"

NEW PROPOSAL: Any Proposal Action that negatively effects a Deity without their consent for no reason should auto-fail.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: January 06, 2015, 06:25:58 pm »

Support 85.04
"But why!?"

NEW PROPOSAL: Any Proposal Action that negatively effects a Deity without their consent for no reason should auto-fail.
Support
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: January 06, 2015, 06:27:38 pm »

"Who doesn't hate Fusil? My, that is a tough question.

Varee may not be as inactive as you think."

"I am not just talking about this attack. I am talking about the plagues as well. Unless there is a God who hates everyone, you are the only potential culprit. Varee is sealed away. It would be impossible for him to act, you might as well blame Yaos."

"I actually asked which god or gods were responsible for the plagues and the Oracle said no god was responsible - the same answer Tykki got. Perhaps the Lich is attacking races that are devout in their worship? Humans to Yaos, Kobold to KI'Tork, and now the Armu to you."

"No, you fool. She messed with her words. What she said to Tykki was "No God was responsible for the plagues that killed 1/4 of three races". The plague had killed 1/4 of two races, the Gruen had less casualties due to sheer size if anything. As such, no god caused such plagues because she put qualifiers on them that mad the statement false. She could just have easily said five races, or six races, and it would have been just as false. A correct question to ask would have been 'who caused the plague that wiped out 1/4 of humanity' or a similar question, but I feel she would have weaseled her way out of that as well."

"Parasitic Monsters, That is rather unsettling, Hopefully they won't be able to spread to Nikjol, What kind of Preventive Measures should we take Fusil? You're the Weapons Deity, What should we fight them with?"

"I have the problem handled, there is an army and the most powerful beings in existence fighting a small amount of them. I had taken preventative measures to avoid a plague in Armu-Seppo lands, foreseeing some one attempting a similar devastating event. This is likely what they had come up with in replacement."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: January 06, 2015, 06:28:46 pm »

Support 85.04
"But why!?"

Support
"Sorry, bit of a joke there. For real now."Oppose 85.04
Retired/Extended Sigs

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: January 06, 2015, 06:30:21 pm »

"But what if they mutate or crop up again? What if this is only the start? This is very unsettling and we should at least take countermeasures, If nothing else."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: January 06, 2015, 06:31:46 pm »

"Fusil, we can all say it's impossible, but when was the last time someone actually checked? How do we know he hasn't been freed or randomly escaped and started committing random acts?

Also, last time I checked, the only God who hates everyone else is YOU."
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: January 06, 2015, 06:33:24 pm »

"No, you fool. She messed with her words. What she said to Tykki was "No God was responsible for the plagues that killed 1/4 of three races". The plague had killed 1/4 of two races, the Gruen had less casualties due to sheer size if anything. As such, no god caused such plagues because she put qualifiers on them that mad the statement false. She could just have easily said five races, or six races, and it would have been just as false. A correct question to ask would have been 'who caused the plague that wiped out 1/4 of humanity' or a similar question, but I feel she would have weaseled her way out of that as well."
"Ah, the Gruen. I knew I was forgetting a race. It seems to fit the pattern of targeting races devoted to a god. In any case, my question was different from Tykki's but the answer was pretty much the same."
I ask for the identity or identities of the god(s) responsible for the last few magical plagues.
Oracle: "No god was responsible for all of the last three magical plagues."
"And they WERE magical in nature."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: January 06, 2015, 06:43:06 pm »

"But what if they mutate or crop up again? What if this is only the start? This is very unsettling and we should at least take countermeasures, If nothing else."

"As a God likely summoned them to replace a plague, we will not have to worry about it if we can find and put down the culprit before he acts again. He has killed to many for you all to continue ignoring this! Assuming you have similar countermeasures against a plague in place, I don't have enough information on them to suggest proper weapons. If they are land-bound with thick armor, heavy hammers with small contact points and other armor-piercing weaponry would be the item to choose. If they are agile and flying, then ranged weapons would be the best. There are a thousand points in between that I cannot fathom."

"Fusil, we can all say it's impossible, but when was the last time someone actually checked? How do we know he hasn't been freed or randomly escaped and started committing random acts?

Also, last time I checked, the only God who hates everyone else is YOU."

"I am not causing the plagues and know this. Varee has not escaped and is not causing this. The Seal is still intact. You are the only potential culprit."

"Ah, the Gruen. I knew I was forgetting a race. It seems to fit the pattern of targeting races devoted to a god. In any case, my question was different from Tykki's but the answer was pretty much the same."

"Yes, in that it dodged the question. The Oracle really needs to start giving refunds."

"And they WERE magical in nature."

"Yes, the answer was almost the same. This could mean that it was a separate God who did one of the plagues. As the first two had the same modus operendi, it is possible someone assumed the God of Hunger caused the first plague and wanted to get revenge in a similar manner. Or he could only be responsible for part of it, getting help from something else, from the Void to a mortal. It simply doesn't answer the question, and isn't even specific enough to grant any new information."

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 475