Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617216 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T90: Multiplication of errors
« Reply #5310 on: January 11, 2015, 06:48:12 am »

"Hatchlings these days, no respect for their elders."
"Old, fed-up with his neighbours, tired of the world... Does that not describe you?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: January 11, 2015, 06:58:02 am »

"Perfectly."

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5312 on: January 11, 2015, 07:18:40 am »

Azem turns into an emerald dragon who looks about as ancient as the Prophet Alprozem and puts on a stern face.

"Does this look suit me?"
You look old and wise, certainly.

Raptil shows himself to some bands of hunters, and manipulates the outcomes of their hunting sessions.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: January 11, 2015, 07:22:47 am »

Azem turns into an emerald dragon who looks about as ancient as the Prophet Alprozem and puts on a stern face.

You look old and wise, certainly.

Raptil shows himself to some bands of hunters, and manipulates the outcomes of their hunting sessions.

"As you seem to have missed my last welcome, I would suggest starting by voting on the new proposals. Certain stupid laws passed that means they will blow by you if you do not hurry to them. I would also suggest that you make your own race of hunter, rather than risk stealing them from other gods at much less success then creating your own race would be."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: January 11, 2015, 02:44:57 pm »

You look like you are one of my creations. It suits you well.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 03:18:52 pm by Lord_lemonpie »

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: January 11, 2015, 06:13:19 pm »

"QueBare you sure your going to be ok? If you would just show me your capitol, I could help."

Check up on the Neronmas celebrations, which I totally did not forget about.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:28:34 pm by Ama »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: January 12, 2015, 01:51:24 am »

Wyrms will now be called Wyverns.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: January 12, 2015, 02:06:02 am »

Wyrms will now be called Wyverns.

....You rename an aligned race made by someone else?

In that case, Blooddrinkers will now be known as n00bs.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: January 12, 2015, 02:24:12 am »

(Wyrms - not Mountwyrms. I created 800 Wyrms. They are small, non-sapient dragons with two legs and a maximum of two fireballs each day.)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T91: Projection of Bleakness
« Reply #5319 on: January 12, 2015, 02:32:53 am »

Tick 91: Projection of bleakness

A new megabeast has arisen. It is a tusked wolf made entirely of ice.

Many books about self-help have appeared evertwhere recently.

The Saints have begun a relief service for the Kobolds, supplying food and shelter.

KI'Tork has investigated the Kobold City. There is a crater containing much rubble.

Azem:
"Have you noticed the merfolk trade output increasing a lot? They also seem to be buying more metal for some reason."
"I have half of a coin now!"
"I wish for all the money in the world to be mine."

Fortuna: "Agreed, then. Surely double the luck will get me double the results!"

The bandits make a counter-offer: They will get back to work with fewer vacation days in exchange for a boon from Fortuna.

Many of the miners agree to worship you and make donations.

The parasites are mostly a non-issue now, and those still in the wild no longer pose much of a threat to civilization.

A small band of traveling entertainers has pledged devotion to Fortuna, but most of them cite the capriciousness of the L-word as a deterring factor.

"Behold! Through the Powers Above and Below, I have created the regular five-sided die!"
"Just how much more unlucky can I get? Fortuna Fortuna Fortuna Fortuna!"
"Could you bless this glove?"

Parasites eating Gruen Spores seem not to change appreciably. Fed enough, they seem to reproduce as typical.

Gruen eating Parasites with accelerated mutation seem to diminish to animal-level intelligence but grow much stronger and tougher on average. Parasites seem to reproduce through some sort of extremely fine infections dust when certain conditions are met.

The Gruen Drone lost against the parasite.

KI'Tork has offered instruction to his followers. Some of them also experience the assorted injuries associated with Malakath's instructional cohort.

Those who died who have not reincarnated or otherwise become inaccessible or were merely injured have been revived and healed. It seems that using magic is causing some sort of backlash manifesting itself as maiming, broken bones, deaths, and loss of various other bits.

Those who found themselves unable to use magic at all have, as might be predicted, escaped unscathed (except for the horror of seeing people randomly break their own bones). Most of them profess not to be Void worshippers. Confounding the prediction, however, is the fact that there is no statistically significant correlation between amount of magic use and severity of damage.

Dismemberment seems to be caused by having broken bones, having parts teleported off, or having parts sliced off somehow.

The Library has a few collections of folk tales from both Keshan and Slytha that mention "The Janitor." Cursory reading indicates that it is a terrifying creature with a black, almost skull-like face whose appearance can be either a terrible omen or a sign of cleansing. Illustrations are inconsistent and mostly seem to be based on its description than actual sightings.

Die-off seems to be higher on an inclined, circular, and high orbit around Keshan. Those who died report having felt very ill and almost empty.

The parasites do not bleed.

Cim's reading reveals magic, almost certainly the student's own.

Q: "Who is responsible for the alteration of how magic worked for those who attended my sessions where simply using magic now causes physical injury?"
A: "Malakath, Khaziraad, and Melyssa."

(For the record, even those who don't believe in Malakath did attend those tutorials.)

Melyssa:
"We have a nice business deal for the export of torture as a service to a nice merlord. Bless Melyssa!"
"Those idiot mages maiming themselves was hilarious!"
"Is it true that the Life Lab made the most pungent pepper in the world?"

Malakath has cancelled tutorials.

Quéßäre has created 100 dragon servants that breathe fire with a massive spread.

The few remaining parasites not contained have been teleported into the sun. They are now eradicated in the wild.

Khaziraad:
"I wish for a shrine that makes houses fall on people who use magic."
"Are you sure this city won't collapse on its own? It seems like someone could just cover all the floatstone up."
"May you help my book sell to millions!"

The battles continue to be fought, and "alliances" continue to be broken.

Raptil has made his presence known to some bands of hunters and manipulated their outcomes.

Neronmas has begun again! Many are in attendance and clamoring for the blessing of Neron. This Neronmas also introduces a variety of new foods from the many new visitors' areas of origin.

Malakath's Wyrms have been renamed to Malakath's Wyverns. Fusil's Blooddrinkers have been renamed to Fusil's n00bs.

The Lich has, in anticipation of her execution, sat on a dry chair surrounded by water in a packed town square. She holds up a diamond necklace from an old empire and burns to a pile of ashes and dust. Her soul seems to have been destroyed completely, unavailable for consumption or revival.

The Lich has been struck down!

This update's constellations are the Rose and Claw.

(KI'Tork: -0E, Quéßäre: -4E, Khaziraad: -1E, Grauel: -0E, KI'Tork: -0E, Neron: -0E, Melyssa: -0E, Quéßäre: -0E, Malakath: -3E, Atropos: +2E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (6) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Trees, Minerals, Destruction, and Earth. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Brooms and Poverty.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: January 12, 2015, 02:51:37 am »

"Fortuna, If you really want the bandits to attack you, just use the butterfly effect. Set up the circumstances to have them attack you. You are the God of Luck, it should be easy. Make the Bandits just happen to come across a cart full of valuables (Jelly Rolls, perhaps?) that lost a wheel in the middle of the wilderness. Then increase the Bandit's desire for the goods. You will simply be attacked then."

The Library has a few collections of folk tales from both Keshan and Slytha that mention "The Janitor." Cursory reading indicates that it is a terrifying creature with a black, almost skull-like face whose appearance can be either a terrible omen or a sign of cleansing. Illustrations are inconsistent and mostly seem to be based on its description than actual sightings.

"I most definitely did not use "The Janitor" to clean out the towns. My method will not be revealed, so that it may be used in future cases like these."

Die-off seems to be higher on an inclined, circular, and high orbit around Keshan. Those who died report having felt very ill and almost empty.

"?  ??? ?"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: January 12, 2015, 12:48:22 pm »

Fortuna: "Agreed, then. Surely double the luck will get me double the results!"

Remember, you're not just astronomically lucky. You will always travel to spread knowledge of me, and increase belief. Further, you shall henceforth be known as Tycho, arbiter of Fortuna.

Do not abuse my trust, Tycho; if you refuse to proselytise in my name, you will most definitely draw my ire.

Manipulate Tycho's soul so he has a strong desire to wander. He won't be comfortable if he stays in a place longer than a few months.

The bandits make a counter-offer: They will get back to work with fewer vacation days in exchange for a boon from Fortuna.

Just out of curiousity, how does a low-level bandit push for more vacations days? Do they have sick-pay too?

Grant the bandits the luck to find the most valuable targets that aren't under my protection at the time, so long as at least 10% of the gross proceeds (before expenses) are donated to my temples.

A small band of traveling entertainers has pledged devotion to Fortuna, but most of them cite the capriciousness of the L-word as a deterring factor.

Nods sagely

You are wise to believe this. Always remember, chance favours the prepared. If you maintain your skills, practise your shows, I will be there to enjoy the performance.

"Behold! Through the Powers Above and Below, I have created the regular five-sided die!"

Makes a show of flipping a coin and shuffling it between his fingers

There is little better than a two-sided die, my child. I applaud your creation, but it serves a purpose already occupied by other things.

That is, unless, you manage to create a game requiring different
n-sided die... perhaps to be played on a tabletop?

"Just how much more unlucky can I get? Fortuna Fortuna Fortuna Fortuna!"

Grant this person just enough luck to overhear a whispered conversation between two people discussing the idea that mentioning my name makes me and my favour disappear...

"Could you bless this glove?"

So long as you make a donation to my temples, to benefit the peoples of the world(s), of course.

Bless the glove.

((what exactly does blessing things do? Each god has a different sphere, so is each blessing different?))

Also, Raptil, if you do decide to create your own race of hunters, would you mind awfully donating some of the meat from successful hunts to my temples, in return for more luck in hunting expeditions?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: January 12, 2015, 01:47:24 pm »

Just out of curiousity, how does a low-level bandit push for more vacations days? Do they have sick-pay too?
"Almost every bandit gang has its designated lawmancer to keep them from getting into trouble. I do not approve of this behaviour, or lawmancy in general, but there are downsides to my great influence over the worlds. And yes, they do have sick-pay."

"By the way, Fortuna, know that there are forces of chance beyond luck. For example, the lack of it. Do not get too cocky and keep your hands off my assets, and maybe I won't need to stress this any further."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: January 12, 2015, 02:29:51 pm »

"By the way, Fortuna, know that there are forces of chance beyond luck. For example, the lack of it. Do not get too cocky and keep your hands off my assets, and maybe I won't need to stress this any further."

Your warning is duly noted, Cim, and much appreciated.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: January 12, 2015, 02:34:28 pm »

"Malakath, one of my Archfiends, Uthon, has nothing to do at this moment. Will you allow him to join the Bellators?"

"We have a nice business deal for the export of torture as a service to a nice merlord. Bless Melyssa!"
"Ah, that's wonderful for you. Does this mean that i'm gaining merfolk followers?"
"Those idiot mages maiming themselves was hilarious!"

"It was quite a pleasant sight indeed. Their pain must have been unbearable."
"Is it true that the Life Lab made the most pungent pepper in the world?"
"This is the case indeed. I can see a lot of torture opportunities with this."

Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 475