Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616646 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T99: Losing is fun!
« Reply #5925 on: January 21, 2015, 10:54:47 am »

Melyssa creates "Painpointing magic" and grants it to her most loyal followers and the Archfiends.

Ask the magical woman if the ghosts speak to her, or if she's only able to see them. Ic they speak to her, ask what they say.

Melyssa listens to prayers.

Spoiler: Painpoint Magic (click to show/hide)

"I propose that we punish the leaders of the mermen by torturing them. I also propose that we establish a link between the soldiers who helped with the invasion and the mermen leaders, so that they can feel the torture without actually getting hurt.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: January 21, 2015, 12:05:16 pm »

"No one will do anything until we talk to them."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: January 21, 2015, 01:56:21 pm »

Melyssa creates "Painpointing magic" and grants it to her most loyal followers and the Archfiends.

Ask the magical woman if the ghosts speak to her, or if she's only able to see them. Ic they speak to her, ask what they say.

"I propose that we punish the leaders of the mermen by torturing them. I also propose that we establish a link between the soldiers who helped with the invasion and the mermen leaders, so that they can feel the torture without actually getting hurt.

"That sounds more like a spell then an entire class of magic....

And Oppose, Oppose. Can someone tell me why I haven't cut her down yet? Why, exactly, have I let her live this long?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: January 21, 2015, 02:08:57 pm »

"You're right."
Make it a spell instead of a magic class.
Can someone tell me why I haven't cut her down yet? Why, exactly, have I let her live this long?"
"Multiple gods have suggested killing all of them, not considering the civilian casualities that will definitely occur when they do what they suggested, and you don't really seem to care. But when I suggest punishing the guilty ones, not even killing them, you lose your mind. It seems quite illogical to me."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: January 21, 2015, 02:24:10 pm »

The reason, at least form me, is that Flagelants have kept enough to themselves that other races did not raze their cities. Seems proof enough that Melyssa, while prefering torture as punishment, does not promote spreading it to those unwanting and undeserving.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: January 21, 2015, 03:47:18 pm »

"You're right."
Make it a spell instead of a magic class.
Can someone tell me why I haven't cut her down yet? Why, exactly, have I let her live this long?"
"Multiple gods have suggested killing all of them, not considering the civilian casualities that will definitely occur when they do what they suggested, and you don't really seem to care. But when I suggest punishing the guilty ones, not even killing them, you lose your mind. It seems quite illogical to me."
"I'm going to do what it takes to protect my own. I will not unnecessarily take the lives of the soldiers, but I'm not going to listen to your nonsense."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: January 21, 2015, 04:02:03 pm »

"Why don't we all just ignore the world and stop feeding it divine magic for a few ticks and then we'll come back and reward the mortals that remained faithful?"

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: January 21, 2015, 04:03:53 pm »

"Why don't we all just ignore the world and stop feeding it divine magic for a few ticks and then we'll come back and reward the mortals that remained faithful?"
"Hsssssss!

And condemn my already faithful followers? Not today."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: January 21, 2015, 04:10:10 pm »

"No No, I meant that the Council and individual gods held back on the Miracles and Divine Intervention. If we don't stop how will Mortals learn to fend for themselves?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: January 21, 2015, 04:17:04 pm »

"Killing is one thing, torturing is another. Why do you seem to believe that torture stands above a swift death? At least they are reincarnated without harm once killed, torturing is much less ethical. Again, it is like watching someone beat a rat infestation. Everyone else is suggesting traps and gas, while you are pulling the rats out from their holes and torturing them for some reason."

The reason, at least form me, is that Flagelants have kept enough to themselves that other races did not raze their cities. Seems proof enough that Melyssa, while prefering torture as punishment, does not promote spreading it to those unwanting and undeserving.

"I suppose you are right. But she has been branching out steadily into other races, a disturbing development. Somethings are easier to put down before they start..."

"...Why? I don't see any gain from that."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: January 21, 2015, 04:26:15 pm »

"No No, I meant that the Council and individual gods held back on the Miracles and Divine Intervention. If we don't stop how will Mortals learn to fend for themselves?"
"This isn't wise considering that many races lack enhanced common sense."
I'm pretty sure I did this already but I give all races I created enhanced common sense. All races I create from now on will have enhanced common sense by default.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:31:49 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: January 21, 2015, 04:34:45 pm »

I use 3E to propagate both races, making very sure that the guardians stay 1/5 the population of the Sewa.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: January 21, 2015, 04:35:40 pm »

Give Gem Dragons and Mountwyrms enhanced common sense.

"While I agree with the kitchen god in principle, we are already somewhat detached from mortal affairs. Their perspective of time is different to ours."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: January 21, 2015, 04:38:29 pm »

Give Gem Dragons and Mountwyrms enhanced common sense.

"While I agree with the kitchen god in principle, we are already somewhat detached from mortal affairs. Their perspective of time is different to ours."

"I do not. Why must they learn to fend for themselves? A god is meant to serve his people. We will always be there for them. Leaving would simply be foolish. Even the idiots who do believe that must at least care about their essence gain..."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: January 21, 2015, 04:41:43 pm »

Oppose 97.00: Have a celebration for the 100th tick
"In light of recent events, a celebration seems inappropriate."

(Our 98 days vs their ~1400-1500 years, right?)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 475