Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616574 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T110: BURN THE HERETIC?
« Reply #7065 on: February 15, 2015, 10:33:05 am »

"I propose we develop a protocol of guidelines on how to deal with the void."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: February 15, 2015, 10:35:29 am »

Good luck.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: February 15, 2015, 10:37:47 am »

"Well first I would like to see how many of you are willing to even HAVE a protocol. Also, this protocol should grow from time to time so it adapts as we unfold new knowledge."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: February 15, 2015, 10:39:13 am »

I maintain my opposition to everything the Council proposes, but I will consider abstaining should you all actually come up with something useful.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: February 15, 2015, 10:47:30 am »

"If we were to create a protocol on how to deal with the void, I would propose to never let anyone interrogate alone."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: February 15, 2015, 10:51:15 am »

I will wait until I see what others come up with. I have made suggestions before, that I felt to be the best course of action in dealing with what was upon us, yet nothing, even discourse, came of it.

I'd rather not make the effort and be ignored again.

((I either misread or you changed something :o that made sense to me. It's obviously too early in the day))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: February 15, 2015, 03:44:02 pm »

"Well I wish to be present while you interrogate, and since I am actually financing the interrogation I think I have the right to it.

I am fine by that, You will be allowed inside. I will ask you however not to disturb the interrogation, as I would not want to loose the emperor's cooperation. ((I'll ask to KJP to pm you the conversation))
I will probably bring a transcript of the interrogation once I am done.

"As Would I, People tend to talk more freely whenever they've consumed Donuts laced with Mystic Dust, After all."

KI'Tork tries to see how many Tyrannis Addicts there are.

It will not be necessary. As I said earlier, the emperor is quite cooperative.

"If we were to create a protocol on how to deal with the void, I would propose to never let anyone interrogate alone."

Do we even know enough about the void to be able to make a protocol? I would prefer that we attempt to learn as much as possible about it before. Of course, any knowledge we learn will be made public. Mortals however do not need to know, as telling them about it will only serve to strengthen null cults and cause general panic.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:53:04 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: February 15, 2015, 05:45:17 pm »

108.01: Oppose.
106.99.1: Oppose.
108.07: Oppose
108.08: Oppose (with Melyssa and Ghizer running about?)
108.09: Oppose ((YeGodsdamnit people))
109.03: Support
109.04: Oppose
109.05: What's even the point of this one?
109.06: Oppose (poor way to go about it at the moment)
109.11: Oppose
109.12: Oppose
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: February 15, 2015, 06:14:20 pm »

"Concerning <108.08: Unite and promote polytheism>, I think the intention for that proposal was so that rather than nudge our followers away from other gods we instead compete or convince them to worship us over other gods. It would be best if The Light clarified his intention for that proposal."

"Wait, what do you have against Melyssa? I understand you disliking Ghizher due to the plant he made but why dislike Melyssa? Neither she nor her followers torture anyone who don't consent to the torture and it doesn't result in death so why be against her?"

Check on the people teaching blood magic to the Flagellants to see if they're secretly spreading my religion. They shouldn't be, as per my pact with Melyssa.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 06:18:28 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: February 15, 2015, 06:40:06 pm »

I've seen quite the opposite, before even getting to the way Torture is defined. If she only did it to consenting individuals, she would be a God of BDSM, not a God of Torture. Besides which, her Pain Moles? How about the angels that she herself described as demons?

And Ghizer is not simply the plant; that would be minor, since it's easy enough to deal with. It's also the fact that his books drive people insane. If he didn't seem to be focusing on the 'foul consequences for anyone nearby' part of Eldritch, I would be fine with him.

Additionally, I built the Pantheon Courts, and even included Melyssa, so I'm already doing my part, as much as I'm willing on that front, anyway, for the Gods I don't get along well with.

Speaking of which, with Fusil dead and all these new gods...

Renovations time!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: February 15, 2015, 07:28:04 pm »

"A god's actions do not define their spheres. If she only tortured consenting individuals she would not magically become goddess of BDSM (which is covered under Torture) unless she consciously decided to do so. What about her maiming moles? Should all our future creations be herbivorous beasts without ways to protect themselves? Wargs don't gently sing their prey to sleep, venemous orb weavers don't cuddle their prey to oblivion, and wyverns don't use their shots to light fires for old animals about to die, so why discriminate against maiming moles? As far as I can tell, the only difference between her angels and the angels of others is what she calls them."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: February 15, 2015, 07:45:44 pm »

This is not up for discussion, Malakath.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: February 15, 2015, 08:32:51 pm »

"Wellmy purpose was to end violent competition once and for all. See our currency is essence, and if all people believed in the pantheon we would all get our share, and we could act more fiercly against enemies like the void or renegade gods."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: February 15, 2015, 11:42:45 pm »

And Ghizer is not simply the plant; that would be minor, since it's easy enough to deal with. It's also the fact that his books drive people insane. If he didn't seem to be focusing on the 'foul consequences for anyone nearby' part of Eldritch, I would be fine with him.

I created 145 books in total, 100 of which are in the hands of null followers, 44 in unknown hands and one in the hands of unaligned humans. Is it really that munch?

As for the "foul consequences", They are an integral part of the concept of Eldritch, as you cannot have "completely beyond mortal understanding" without madness. The very concept of Eldritch is to force information into a mind that is not built to process it, which is obviously a very unhealthy process. Asking me to stop breaking minds while bringing my knowledge would akin to ask Melyssa to stop inflicting pain when she torture people.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: February 15, 2015, 11:49:00 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:01:34 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 475